1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Possibilities for a new game.

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by TrueBlueAussie, Jul 13, 2006.

1. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Hey all,
    I am getting seriously bored with my current game and have given it up, so I was wondering what kind of ideas for a game you guys have. Any class and any race, I dont care. I would like to have a fair challenge and use a class that is not used very often (includes kit mods if they are known to be bug free). Suggest anything and everything from characters that you thought would be interesting to characters that you have played and found to be good.

Cheers

2. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    One that just came to mind, though I've never tried it, would be an arcane-only party:

Nalia
    Imoen
    Aerie
    Edwin
    Kelsey

Add a dual-classed cleric/mage PC and you're away! If nothing else, it would be a challenge at lower levels where you have no tank and few spells (until you level up enough to get Time-Stop and HLAs). You'll have to pay the Cowled Wizards the 5000 gps as soon as possible or fighting outside in Athkatla will quickly end in disaster. The main problem I'd forsee for this party would be magic-resistant creatures (what a surprise!) such as golems, so Lower Resistance and Summons will need to be measured in large quantities.

Acually, I'm tempted to try that myself- even if only for a while!

Edit: Typo already!

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Solo with a beastmaster kit?

All clerical party? Who needs bladed weapons!? :D

No healer party?

4. Tartantyco Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

-Decados; Aerie is a M/C. It's still arcane, but not arcane only. ;)

-Have you played with a Skald? Or a Jester?

-I'm currently roaming Amn with a magic-based party. My PC is a Skald, NPC's are Keldorn, Anomen, Jaheira, Aerie and Jan. If you take all the multi's I have two mages, two clerics, one druid, one theif, two fighters, one paladin and a bard. It's quite a party. Keldorn is extremely useful with his Dispel magic and True sight an my PC has a good amount of spells.

5. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Hmm don't know if you've done this before but I'm thinking of playing through with one evil son of a bitch PC. Im going to complete all quests the evil way if possible and kill anyone who gets in my way. It could be quite a challenging games as you wont be able to buy good items from shops, you'll be challenged by Amnish Soldiers when you enter new areas and the NPC selection will be quite limited. Sounds quite fun :evil: .

6. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    @ Tartantyco: Don't worry, I'm aware of Aerie's M/C status (and suggested one as the PC's class). Although it could have been worded better, the main point was that everyone uses arcane magic and there is no real tank. If we are being fussy then Imoen and Nalia are out too for being thieves!

Staying on topic, another suggestion is to limit the number of rests you take during the game- or even attempt to cut out sleeping altogether!

7. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

That all arcane party doesnt sound too bad, but I am also tempted into using the solo beastmaster. If I did go with the eastmaster though, I would either dual him to a cleric or use SK to make him a beastmaster cleric multiclass.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.