1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Missing spells from BG1

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Aces, Dec 26, 2002.

1. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Continued from my thread in the BG1 forum: Hidden Spells in BG1.
    To be on-topic I posted this half of my question(s) here.

The only two spell scrolls that weren't carried over into BG2 were:
    Level 3 Wraith Form
    Level 4 Dimension Door (over written by Stoneskin)

I tried putting these two scroll items into the BG2 override after renaming the files and found that Dimension Door works great, but Wraith Form is a no go. I warp in the item scroll OK, but it won't write into a spell book, or be of any use in the item slot.

I guess this means the spell Wraith Form isn't in the game (BG2) at all.
    Can anyone confirm this?
    Also, can anyone confirm that the Dimension Door spell scroll isn't normally in the game?

[ December 26, 2002, 10:52: Message edited by: Aces ]

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Yes, you can't normally obtain Dimension Door, but it is in the game. NPCs use it a few times. It was taken out because it could potentially be used to break the plot.

3. Aces Gems: 19/31

Ah thanks...
    I have DD now so I'm ahead of the game!

I was going to do my second run through as a Mage and didn't want to miss a single spell. All powerful Mages should know every spell! Too bad about Wraith Form. That's a great one for a solo Mage.

It's a shame when you import a Mage from BG1 you lose most of your spells from your spellbook. :(

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Not most... All of them. At least I did.

5. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

For anyone else missing dimension door, it will be included in my latest item/spell addon package which I hope to have released by the end of the week.

6. Aces Gems: 19/31

Well yes all of them, but then you get to chose to get some back durning the set-up.

I have Dimension Door now.
    The spell was already in the game, just no item scrolls to learn it... :(

Will you have the Wraith Form spell?

7. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] The few you can select at the beginning are a pitiful recompense for 5 levels worth of spells lost. I had every spell from BG and ToSC, and when I imported my character into BG2 they were all lost. You can imagine my disappointment.

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Disappointment? Why?
    Tal, you get XP for re-scribing spells! If anyone asked me "keep spells or lose them for XP boost", I'd never say "keep 'em". :p

9. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] If you'd have spent so much time carefully obtaining every possible scroll in the game and the expansion you'd be just as pissed when it'd all be stripped on importing.

10. Ankalagon Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Aces have you noticed that there is a chest outside of the spellhold asylum which cannot be accessed?
    The cursor is still "normal" there,but there is no possible way to go..maybe you could check what it contains? that one made me very curious.. :)

11. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

[​IMG] So Irenicus sits on his bed after a long day of torturing you - with a RUBBER?

12. Aces Gems: 19/31

I am going to Spellhold very soon.
    Maybe tomorrow if I can get enough game time in.
    Just got to finish up some lose ends with some character quests in Ch2 and 3.

I'll keep it in mind.
    *chest you can't get at* *chest* *chest*
    Say it three times and you won't forget! :lol:

Is it outside, close to where you are when you first get there?

[ December 29, 2002, 07:35: Message edited by: Aces ]

13. Goldelf Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

this has nothing to do with this post(missing spells) but since you started it :). the chest you can't access only has a few goldcoins in it (50 or so).

14. Aces Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] When I got there it was but one GP. :(
    Another person said they got a ID item scroll.

Must be random.

15. Parvini Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I found a dimension door in the ice palace (Ulgarth's Beard) in my BGTutu game, and could neither learn it or cast it.

I put it in my scrollbook for safe keeping but does anyone know if it is possible to use this in BG2? My PC will keep all his items when I import.

16. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Must be a Tutu bug, because I was always able to learn in in vanilla BG1. Likely that bug does not continue into BG2, so you should be able to learn it. (And SCRL1V is Dimension Door in both games, so it won't get changed like the two-handed sword from Durlag's Tower.)

17. Parvini Gems: 10/31

The +3 Two handed sword that's on the king in the (spoiler) chess game?

I've JUST picked that up!

What happens to that sword?

Also - does that mean I'll be able to dimension door in BG2?

18. Felinoid

Yes, the two-handed sword becomes an NPC weapon called the Harbinger, which randomly spits out Fireballs when you hit someone. You see it in Chapter 6 if you get the Order's help with Bodhi. The lead guy has it.

You will be able to DD in BG2 if you keep the scroll and then learn it.

19. Parvini Gems: 10/31

So if I keep that sword will it disappear? I don't like the sound of random fireballs...

I'm planning on taking Xan afterall (PW: Reload)

20. Felinoid

No, if you keep the sword it'll turn into the Harbinger in BG2. It will not disappear. But considering that you will get more and better two-handed swords fairly early on, I'd just ditch it anyway. :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.