1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How do I turn off "Heh, I like Darkness better"?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by UsagiRyu, Jan 30, 2005.

1. UsagiRyu Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] I have the sub race mod installed and I like it but I'm playing through as a drow and Every few steps I get "This light is burning me..." Et al. It's getting to be a hassel. How do I turn it off?? I know I'm loosing abilities while i'm on the surface and I don't have a problem with that. It's the constant text that's causing disruptions in my game. Thank you very much.

2. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Uninstalling the mod will do the trick :)

3. UsagiRyu Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Okay thanks. Since I'm a geek (and comfortable with that knowledge), I'll just put up with the text since I love being a drow. (Hello... I am UsagiRyu and I am a geek.)

4. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

The sound clip will probably be saved in your override folder. Just do a search for sound files, listen to them and when you find it, replace it with another sound file of the same name (just rename it).

5. Bloodtitan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

is it text or sound?
    you could just turnoff the subtitles in gameoptions.
    if it is sound, go to your sound folder, find out which file it is and replace it with one of your preference (be sure to rename your file to what the old file was named).

6. Osiris Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Record silence and replace the whining file with it. Or you could replace it with something you like more.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.