1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Lvl 40?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Berem, Jan 21, 2002.

1. Berem Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] How do you guys make it to level 40? I beat the game at lvl 29 (My main char.)
    [edit]and yes i did watchers keep and all that stuff.

[This message has been edited by Berem (edited January 21, 2002).]

2. void Guest

You'll have to do the game again if you want to gain more levels, first you export your character and then when you make your new game simply go to the import button (though you'll lose all your items if you choose to start in SOA). In case you don't know how to expot, you do it by going to your record / character screen and press the export button.

Cheers,

Void

3. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I hit level 33. If you play with a smaller party, you will hit the higher levels. I don't know if it is possible to take 6 characters up to level 40, even doing everything.

4. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I imagine you can max out if you solo.

5. Yogojunzo Gems: 2/31

You can also max out in levels by having your party shoot at Fire Giants when your in Saradush. Just get them started in the morning and leave the computer running. When you get back from work in the evening, you'll have a lot of experience points.

6. Berem Gems: 2/31

ya i played through w/ a full party, this is maybe why.

7. Thorin Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

The problem with unattend macroing is the fact that your party could die which would defeat the whoel purpose. All it would take would be a couple of those catapult ammo on your main character and then you would be toast.

8. strange_machine Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

It does not matter if your character dies or not, that technique is downright cheap. It is dumb when people become concern with ROLL-playing, and not roleplaying. My as well use the console or shadow keeeper to give yourself experience. There is no fine line or distinction between the two. :/

[This message has been edited by strange_machine (edited January 22, 2002).]

9. Alith Anar Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

It also depends what CLASS you were playing.

Absolute max. for Wizards without a cap remover for ToB is Lev. 31 @ 8000000XP.

Your best bet would be to play with 4 or 5 members. You'd be surprised what a difference it makes.....

10. void Guest

I forgot to say that only a few of the classes (around half, I think) can actually reach level 40.

11. Yogojunzo Gems: 2/31

Actually, if you were to place your party on the upper level, near that wizard, you'll never get hit by a catapult.

And there is a distinction between killing a bunch of fire giants versus using the CLUA console or shadowkeeper because its not cheating. You don't neet to set the Debug Mode to 1 when doing this. (I tend not to so I won't be tempted to cheat).

As far as the role playing aspect, you can justify that by saying that your party was aiding Saradush against the Fire Giant siege.
    The concept is just like pen and paper D&D where you can choose to do what you want.

12. Thorin Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

The problem is that like other games leaving your charactrs fighting, is a cheap and pathetic way of gaining levels. the game unlike D2 or UO, bg2 does not advocate getting high levlels, instead it is all about the journey.

13. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] I always play with a full party. Dual classed from berserker to cleric at level 9, made it to level 38. My char is still about to enter the throne of bhaal, i just killed the ravager. my last level-up was when a killed balthazar. btw, char is imported from SoA, which probably helped by about 2-3 levels.

14. IstvAn Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

i played with this party =
    IstvAn = Kensai warrior Level 50
    Sarevok = Level 22 i think
    Keldorn = level 25 or so
    Edwin = Level 28
    but i did mostly all the work with the kensai char
    just use EXP CAP too reach higher level
    ( you still need too gain the exp by yourself )
    it will take a while but at the end you will be rewarded

[This message has been edited by IstvAn (edited January 25, 2002).]

15. jbigdaddy Gems: 5/31

keep a smaller party
    go to a place where rest brings good xp monsters
    use the erase spell trick
    the fire giant trick in TOB
    basicly you want to kill a whole heap a people

16. Berem Gems: 2/31

BigDaddy, I dont want to just get there. I want to know if some people do actually get there role playing (as opposed to roll playing). I consider 'tricks' and stuff like that kinda lame.

17. jbigdaddy Gems: 5/31

Yes you can get there. I did my first time thru. It pretty much involves doing all possible quests, picking every lock, disarming every trap and killing everything you can. Well that's how it was for me, it realy depends on the size of your party. I used the erase trick second time thru when I wanted to level up quickly. :evil:

Has anyone been able to max out playing solo?
    And I mean solo solo, not having another character in your party, which means losing a lot of quest xp in some cases?

18. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

you could replay the game with an exported character or you could simply cheat the XP in but cheating is mostly wrong as they say. Nothing wrong if you've alreadt completed it though is there ;)

19. Frodo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

i dont know about other classes but my solo assasin got to level 40 by picking locks and disarming traps becuase the higher level you get the more experience you get for them. but you still get most of the experience from mosters and quests.

20. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I've got a solo sorcerer in Underdark on 8m (Lev 31) exp. Utterly too powerful these days though for SOA.

The only times another has been included in the party were: Valygar to get me into the Planar Sphere and Jahera to get me the Harpers hold quest for the ring of wizardry. They were of course unseremoneously dumped as soon as I was where I needed to be.

I did go through the first three levels of WK though. That's a lot of EXP there. Still I'd say any solo character would max out long before the end of SOA if you do a fair number of the Ch2/3 usual quests.

I suppose if I have the inclination I might wipe out the drow before I leave the Underdark. Shouldn't be to much of a challenge, but they are evil after all.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.