1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A simple question about an infamous item that I can never find!!!

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Silverstar, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

[​IMG] Sorry, call me ignorant, BUT I have finished both SoA and ToB before but could NOT find that 'in'famous cloak of mirroring! Where can I find it and how? Please try not to spoil the fun too much but some good hints are NEEDED! HELP me!!! (maybe I found it but don't know, I am soo confused!)

2. Elwyn De'Liam Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I'm not sure what do you mean by "hints", so I'll just tell you where to find it, and you can read it at your own risk:
    When you finish the asylum, agree to let Seamon take you out of Brynlaw. You'll get somewhere unexpected, and in that place is a big statue thingy of an open shark's mouth. There's a priestess of the creatures who live there and she has the cloak, so kill her (she's hostile anyway).

3. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I know you mean Shaguin City, but I have improved Sahaugin City mod so I MAY NOT be able to find it. Does anybody have an idea about it? Please...

4. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Well you could SK it in by the time you enter the Sausomething city.

5. Gilden Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Find a place in the Sahuagin city where a path goes under a giant set of sharks teeth. As you walk fron left to right along it several Sahuagin materialise on the far side along with a couple you cannot reach easily around the teeth.

The Sahuagin with the cloak is one of those apperaring on the far side of the path under the teeth.

6. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

By Improved Shaguin city, do you mean Tactics?

From what I know it does not remove The Cloak of Mirroring. Instead what it does is that the shaguin priestess who carries it actually uses it now (along with casting in a bitch load of summons). Just make sure you canvass the entire city. In the middle of it there is a large shark teeth statue/arena. The priestess port in to its side.

7. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Yes THANK YOU VERY MUCH I killed that ugly priestess and got her cloak! I had killed it in a place near water before so I could not get that spiffy cloak. I thought 'OH another cloak of protection+1, don't bother' Now I see I am wrong indeed!!!

BTW which is better for my PC (cleric/mage) Cloak of Balduran (an item from Tactics or IBattles mode, found on the Female Lich Lady in the Docks) or this? With Balduran my MR becomes %40 (with Robe of Vecna abd Amulet of Power) which is VERY usefull! Still....

8. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

On a related note: I have ToB installeda and my Cloak of Mirrorring doesn't Mirror the spells back to the caster?

I understand this is because of ToB.

How do I fix it so that allthe Magic Missiles I'm casting at my character get reflected back?

9. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

In ToB it only DEFLECTS spells IMHO, not reflects them. It was for game balance I think they tought it was VERY cheesy in good old SoA. If you do uninstall ToB it will be the same (I think) However I do not reccomend uninstalling ToB. :D

10. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

There is a mod specificly for returning the old atributes to the cloak of mirroring on this very site. It removes the globe effect and brings back the shine at your feat. The cloack now reflects rather than deflects. Personally I wish it would have just removed the globe around since I find that annoying and kept the deflection part since the cloak of mirroring is incredibly cheesy when it reflects in my oppinion.

11. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I am pretty sure that the option in the Ease of Use mod gets rid of the globe visual effect but leaves the cloak in deflection mode. I normally use this option and I have never noticed the cloak reflecting a spell.

Personally, I normally go for magic resistance - unless your opponent actually starts intelligently using lower resistance on you it will serve to protect against both damage causing and effect causing spells.

12. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

^Yes Ease of Use removes that effect from Spelltrap, SpellImmunity and Cloak too! A MUST to have since that sphere effect , is so annoying and slows systems.

OK I wear CloakofBalduran and my MR is %40, pretty useful I think. Gulp a potion which gives temporal MR and I am untouchable by spells so far, which is a good thing...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.