1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Keeping BG2 Alive o_O

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by VStyle_Gove, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Zamiel Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I first played BG2 within days of its release back in 2000, but because I was working full-time and was in a relationship it took me around two years to complete SoA + ToB. The next time I played I was unemployed and single, so, not surprisingly, I was able to "commit" myself to the game much more (and my social life became totally stagnant for oh, a couple months there).

Basically same thing happened with Ultima VII, back when I was in high school...along with BG2, probably the two most addictive CRPGs I've played.

2. Prine Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Hey, another Ultima VII fan. Yeah, that one screwed my schooling up something awful too. :D

I wasn't even trying to finish that though, I just liked building little forts out of wooden planks and stuff.

3. VStyle_Gove Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Have i played an evil party? who HASN'T played an evil party? its the only way to truely enjoy yourself in the game, do whatever you want, take all the power you want etc.

PlanescapeT is doing fine right now, with BG2 the thing that made it a better game than IWD2 was simply the story and characters, and PS:T is shaping up to be a very nicely story based game that I'm really enjoying, no dought I'll play BG2 again one day, is it the best RPG of all time, is it not? ;)

PS. As for "getting my moneys worth" I've actually purchased over the years 3x Copies of BG2 (1 is collectors edition) and 2 Copies of TOB. But still, I feel it was deffinetly worth it! And I'd buy another expansion if one was ever made! Huzzah!

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Me. Given that there are only 3 evil NPCs and I don't even know where to find one of them.

5. Minh So Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Hehe, I think he was saying that we're all just greedy neutral evil bastards. And you too, will fall to the dark path, eventually :shake:

6. Warmonger Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

If I somehow manage to fix the game, I will be able to play evil party, bard party, non-magic party, non-fighting party, one-man party or whatewher will come to my mad mind (call it mmm for short).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.