1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How did you beat the Master Wraith? (spoiler)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by biggreenpriest, Jul 13, 2001.

1. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

I wasn't prepared either when I encountered them, and suddenly the fight got a little heavy. Then I used the slayer change and it turned the tide. I lost 3 people in that battle though

2. Judas Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

If you've got a mage with imp. alacrity and timestop it isn't a challenge. Not too many things live through getting hit by 4 wiltings at the same time.

I really liked the fact that there were rooms in watchers keep that forced wild magic effects, or caused most spells to fail. It really gave my magic-based party a rough time, and forced me to change my tactics a fair bit.

3. Creslyn Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I'd have to say that the wraith fight was one of my most interesting ones, mainly because I was totally unprepared for it. In my party I had Anomen, Sarevok, Viconia, Jan, Imoen, and myself as a monk. Unfortunately Sarevok and Anomen got feared pretty much straight away, and Jan and Anomen both got Drained a LOT leaving me to handle the fighting and Viccy and Imoen the spell side of things. Probably the worst thing though was that Anomen ran into the building itself bringing the creatures in there out into the battle. Eventually got through it and lost Anomen, Jan, and Imoen. Fortunately none of them were permanently killed so I didnt have to go through it all again. Thank god Viccy survived is all I can say :)

4. Caine Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] at first he totally killed me i wasn't exspecting him and i was kinda weak hadn't rested all i had spell wise was 5x magic missle this was stupid of me.I reloaded had viccy cast sunray and then to top it of sarevok did a death briger assult on the mw and chunked him the rest was clean up

5. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Creslyn, I can't understand how you had so much trouble with both a good and evil cleric in your party. They should have been more than high enough to control/destroy most of the shadows, leaving you just the devil shades and the master wraith. I had a dc bers/cleric and Aerie, and I had no problems. Smite also works well on undead.

6. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] I don't know what the problem is with destroying the master wraith. My sorcerer summoned 1 planetar and 3 mordenkainen's swords in a few seconds(improved alacrity), and all the party had to do was just sit down and watch the show...mages are formidable if you use them correctly.

7. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

This battle was easy.. Sarevok and Minsc had Negative Plane Protection and Viconia gave me control over the other wraiths when she Turned Undead.... so then I had all of them attacking the Master Wraith.. and then.. slowly, one by one... my characters and the undead attacked one by one each wraith till they all died...

8. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I suffered some serious losses when I got caught unprepared. Too serious. So I reloaded and used Limited Wish, asked for a repeatable wish, and chose protection from undead. A very convenient way of killing undead.:)

9. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I was also totally unprepared, but had two chaps in my party who made it a cakewalk.
    1) Anomen turns the lesser undead
    2) Using a tactic I was told for use against Liches and other hard-to-hit gentlemen with fireshield, Keldorn to whack him with the Firecam sword - all fireshield damage goes onto the unpleasant gentleman as well, right through protections too...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.