1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: mage classes

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by yappie!, Oct 29, 2001.

1. yappie! Guest

What's your favourite mage class, this does not include Sorcerers or Wild Mages,

mine is a Necromancer, divination sucks.

2. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Conjurer, divination is nigh useless. ;)

3. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Wild mages! Becuase you never know what can happen. :grin:

My first wild surge was the falling cow, fell right on me and those Duergars in ol' Jon's place ;)

4. Archer14 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I like conjurers :) because divination is the worst type of spells. I usualy make Jan or Imoen memorize those spells for me anyway.

[This message has been edited by Archer14 (edited October 30, 2001).]

5. Will Gems: 13/31

Veteran

Again, conjurers. Priests get True Sight; the Definitive Divination Dweomer (tm) automatically pretty soon, plus I usually find it on a scroll somewhere and give it to my secondary mage for the extra 6000 xp

6. Arek Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Illusionist, you can multiclass if you're a gnome.

Who wants those icky creepy, scary necromancer spells anyway.

7. void Guest

I like invokers, there are no enchantment spells beyond lv 6 and I only cast a couple of them anyway. I also enjoy any type of fighter/mage.

Cheers, Void.

8. Igneous Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] WHAT!?! No sorcerers? But they rule the Mage on every field :wail:

The Best after a Sorcerer would be the Conjurer (surprise, surprise). Yeah, divination sucks... :shame:

9. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] conjurer.. does that make me a conformist?

10. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

A gnome Illusionist is also great!

11. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

Am i just weird or am i the only one who can see the use of one particular (very good) divination spell, on this board?
    Which one, you say? Well, Identify of course! great spell IMO, because in most oif my partiesi dont have a bard so i have to rely on A, the lore of thieves and mages or B, this very handy spell. Guess which one i choose!
    But to answer the question given in the headline: I dont like Mages at all, Sorcerers Rule.

12. Will Gems: 13/31

Veteran

Yeah, but for a few thousand nicker you can buy those nifty specs from the guy upstairs in Gaelan Bayle's place which cast three identify spells per day. Plus I never play with less than two mages and at least one of them always has identify.

13. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31

by the time i play ToB, i usualy have so much $$$ sitting around i just fork out 100gp for an identify

14. wittynewt Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Hi,

I also remember an option in limited wish to get a second set of glasses I think...

Cheers,

WittyNewt.

15. Namuras Gems: 13/31

Indeed, with two pairs of glasses identification of obscure artifacts is never a trouble. :grin:

16. The Hierophant Druid Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

ever had a mage with ac -12(it was better then my fighters bçauz they had two handed swords so shields couldn't be equiped)

17. A Mage/Thief is a good choice..makes a good choice for solo also. And with the right spells and robes/rings/amults/ect. you can get below -12 armor class..I've done it..but going without a dual/multi class mage...id have to say an Invoker would be my choice

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.