1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Strange items found

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by lionel, Jun 16, 2002.

1. lionel Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I have found a demons claw-baalors claw and my wyverns got killed and I was able to pick up there skulls.Do these items have any use like ankheg shell in soa or are they needed to upgrade anything?
    thanks

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Balor Claw - not sure.
    Wyvern's head you may throw away. It's useless.

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited June 16, 2002).]

3. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Baalors Claw, upgrades one of the Axes in ToB.
    Wyvern Head - does nothing.

4. lionel Gems: 1/31

Thanks for that.PS I have found that you can sell the wyvern skulls for a fair bit of gold

5. Methylviolet Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Baalor's claw upgrades Axe of the Unyielding.

Do you know that, though I have sold winter wolf pelts and wyvern heads, no one has ever wanted my ankheg shells? Where *do* I unload an ankheg shell?

6. Methylviolet, ankeg shells, I know in SoA you can get them made into a suit of armor that is the equivilent of full plate but only half the weight... Cespeanar *may* be able to do the same but I dont know for sure...

[edit]
    :wave:
    Hello Vigilante
    :)

[This message has been edited by DeBhaal Stasion (edited June 18, 2002).]

7. Vigilante Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] I'm not sure about it, but you might be able to get your little imp to make it armor for you, not sure on it.

Yo, talk about exact timing there, heh.

[This message has been edited by Vigilante (edited June 18, 2002).]

8. Methylviolet Gems: 8/31

Jinx!

But Cromwell was not interested in my ankheg shell -- I have never tried Cespenar.

9. Forashi Guest

That dwarf in the docks district is the one to talk to. Though the armor is pretty useless. It looks good (dark green) and would otherwise be ok, but since it only has AC 1 (I think) and prevents you from using any + x AC rings or cloaks.

10. I havent used the Ankeg armor in SoA, but I do recall that protective rings worked in conjunction with the ankeg armor, which btw, is the same as Full plate Mail with half the weight. So tell me how useless that is again....

11. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Really useless. It's expensive and the game is littered with same or better AC armors. As for the weight - AFAIK the only NPC with low strength that can wear it is Viconia. The 5000 is better spent on a strength enhancing item, no?

12. lionel Gems: 1/31

Another strange thing also cant find in the search is a rune of clangeddin I got from the rangers (drow in disguise) cabin.Any ideas on this?

13. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] To make a Hammer. These are all things to make new items out of.

14. Methylviolet Gems: 8/31

Well, I am gratified to hear that the ankheg armor is not superlative, as Cromwell couldn't be arsed -- a bug, perhaps.

I am glad to be reminded of the rune that the woodmen in the Sendai area have -- I was busy killing them, last I played, and my runehammer is super-cool already. The runehammer iirc is in Watcher's Keep with Rock and Garrock on the fourth level?

15. Tasohan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Yaga Shura wields it, in the Siege camp.

16. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

The upgraded hammer is awesome. Undead killing machine.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.