1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Is there such a thing as F/C/T?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I've been thinking - I don't need a dedicated cleric in my group, and I don't need a dedicated thief in my group. Now, I've been rather underwhelmed in my previous experience with a cleric/thief, but is fighter/cleric/thief a possible combination? You see, the big draw backs to the cleric/thief are few choices of weapons (to backstab you're limited to a quarterstaff or a club), relatively lousy hit rolls, and one attack per turn. I'd be willing to sacrifice speed in leveling to be able to hit something with some frequency, and this combo would really solve my problems.

Problem is - is there any such thing as a F/C/T? If so, what races are allowable? I believe gnomes are the only viable combination of cleric/thief, so it stands to reason that a gnome would be the only possible combination of F/C/T if it exists at all. More importantly, assuming such a combo exists, I'd like to hear about other people's experience with this combination.

2. Hard Blunt Stone of Fury Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

No there isn't a Fighter/Cleric/Thief there's only Fighter/Mage/Thief and Fighter/Mage/Cleric for triple multiclasses. But there maybe a mod that adds a Fighter/Cleric/Thief but i don't know

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

No F/C/T. I haven't seen a mod that adds that either. Gnomes would be good as would be Halforcs, since both races can be F/C, F/T and C/T.

4. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Forgot about Half-orcs. Yeah, they can be a C/T too. But drat and double drat on the no F/C/T! I think it's dreadful that the only triple classes include mages, as that essentially makes the mage part useless. Mages level so slowly to begin with, and by getting 1/3 of your total XP going to the mage part, your mage ability is almost an afterthought. I don't even like using a mage with one other class (although I will tolerate an illusionist-thief) but I definitely wouldn't triple class with a mage.

5. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

A F/C/T would be a cool class, but in my eyes it would be a way over powered class. Some people on here feels that a F/M/T is over powered. Imagine the type of havic a F/C/T could cause? First off you are limited in your weapon selection so you would eventually end up specialized in all your weapons. You would also be able to cause massive damage backstabbing and be able to heal yourself if needed. If there ever was a class of F/C/T it should be restrict as to you can't pick up group members. Meaning a solo class only.

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31

F/C/T with Staff of the Magi - it is my fantasy. :love:

@Aldeth - I know how you feel. I don't know why there isn't this triple class. There's something I'd like to see implemented in other DnD CRPGs, but with the 3e/3.5e rules, multiclassing ain't what it used to be.

7. Djieff Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I guess the closest thing to a F/C/T is the Stalker: a fighter class with some thief abilities and a few cleric spells. Meh, I know, that's all I got.

While we're at it, if there's a Cleric/Mage, why no Druid/Mage?

8. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Because arcane magic is unnatural, and thus antithetical to the nature of druids. I do wonder why Ranger/Druid MC isn't allowed, though.

EDIT: Actually, I just checked my PHB, and D/R, D/M, & F/M/D are all allowed by 2e (provided you're a half-elf, of course). And of course, you can always dual to whatever as a human too.

But F/C/T is still not an option, and neither is M/C/T. You can't multi with a bard, either. That would be so cool, though; a half-elven MC Bard/Cleric would have stuff from all four class groups. :love: But I guess I'll have to stick to dualing Cleric->Bard for now. :D

9. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Is there a reason those classes aren't in the 2e based computer games?

10. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Anyone noticed that the manual states D/M type classes as valid combos? (in the tables) Strange...but there's a whole lot of stuff that should be valid by the rules, yet isn't implemented in the game, such as the way certain kits work. I can't help but wonder about the limited time and resources Black Isle had...and be saddened they don't exist anymore, since Bioware on their own don't come anywhere close, in my opinion.

11. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

@Felinoid:
    I don't think the D/R was allowed, until allowed as an optional class in the Ranger's Handbook.

All Druids MUST be Neutral, and all Rangers MUST be Good.

Anyway, the only way to get a F/C/T is to play P&P and dual class a lot. :)

12. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Actually, that's very strange; it's allowed but impossible at the same time. :confused: Here's exactly what the Half-elf MC list looks like in my PHB:
    So it's allowed, but not possible due to alignment conflicts. The druid description clearly states that good and evil mean nothing to a druid, so I can't even bend the rules to allow NG. :(

[ October 01, 2005, 05:58: Message edited by: Felinoid ]

13. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

Weird... me 2e PHB doesn't have the asterisk at all, it lists the different available multiclasses. It does not, however list F/M/D or M/D as options.

As I said, the Ranger's Handbook says you can have Druid/Rangers, if the DM will allow a good sect of Druids into the game world. It's just too cheesy IMHO, and I'd never allow it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.