1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Just finished ToB and I'm a bit sad now

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Parvini, Aug 7, 2002.

1. Parvini Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] I've just finished Throne of Bhaal after starting the original Baldur's Gate back in May. It's taken me about four months to do it all and now I feel like there's a little part of my life gone. I chose the evil path and the ending was cool but now it's all over.

I've tried playing Civilisation 3 and Roller Coaster Tycoon but it's just not the same. What to do, what to do? Never Winter Nights doesn't look my sort of crack, building and maintaining a party is half the fun of BG.

I'm not the type to just start BG all over again (maybe in a year or so's time).

Just thought I'd share a tear or two with you all.

[ August 08, 2002, 09:39: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

Wait until Icewind Dale II comes out.

3. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31

Have you played Icewind Dale?

4. Parvini Gems: 10/31

No never played Icewind Dale.... Is NWN worth getting?

5. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31

NWN is definitly worth getting I would say. The toolset is nice and the single player can be pretty good too. The only thing that got me mad was how short the single player game was in NWN.

6. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    You haven't play IWD? Then this means you are missing allot of fun. Anyway there is nor will be no BG3 so buy something else like IWD+IWD:How, IWD II, or NWN.

7. Parvini Gems: 10/31

[​IMG] so Icewind Dale... what's the crack?

8. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

You create your own party (no NPC's), it is very combat oriented, it hapens in the spine of the world mountains, it's quite linear....

9. Never Is A Promise Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

There is a BG 3 in the making but its not going to follow the chars from the origionl 2 from what ive been told

10. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I don't know who told you that bullsh*t but I've read on the official site that the saga is finished. And even if there would be a BG3 I don't believe it will be any good.

This is getting a bit :yot: so lets just leave BG3 for some time and focus on the existing games. :p

11. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Kenneth, the BG3 stuff is true (I doubted it at first, too). I believe Tal will post with details.

Parvini, if you haven't played IWD, what are you waiting for? It is a dungeon crawl using basically the same engine as BG. Excellent environments, enemies, etc. It does not have the story and character interaction, but it is great fun.

12. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Or I will. Read this thread.

As for suggestions of games to play: How about PST? It's by far the best game covered by this site. The NPCs are better developed than in any BIS/Bioware game, and it has a very good plot with it.

[ August 08, 2002, 18:10: Message edited by: Rastor ]

13. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31

Keneth, you are right that the Child of Bhaal saga is over, but that doesn't mean that there won't be a BG3 that might not follow the same storyline.

14. Twinkle Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Yes, I faced the same problem once I finished ToB... so I started looking for some other good RPGs like mad, and wasted a lot of money... but at first I simply started over BG2 and ToB again- to try EVERYTHING there was. and when I felt like I'm trying to bring back to life something that was dead for a very long time now... I rampaged through the stores :D as I understood it, your taste in RPGs is pretty like mine- RPGs that have nothing more than battles don't entertain me THAT much... so I'd recommend you to try Planescape Torment if anything. The last Pool of Radiance was pretty much a waste of money (in my opinion, at least) and the same about Icewind Dale. now I'm saving to buy Neverwinter Nights...

15. Astin X Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Dude, if u wanna buy a game check your system specs first. If ugot the specs, go for Neverwinter Nights
    I would personally skip these: Nox, Pool of Radiance ROMD.
    Planescape Torment is brilliant for a true roleplaying experience. Sorry guys, but honestly, to me, Icewind Dale was really boring, after the character interaction in BG and BG2. That, together with 640x480 only graphics and a non gripping plot really did not do it for me. It could have been worse though, could have been like Diablo 2.

Go for Icewindale 2, looks and should feel better, plus 3rd ed rules are very interesting.

16. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    You obviously don't have Heart of Winter because if you did you would know that you can run IWD in 800×600 res. And so I see you've all missed the meaning of my first post. I did not mean that there won't be a game named BG3, I meant that there will be no sequel to the Bhallspawn saga anymore.

17. Astin X Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I get what u r saying and know about heart of winter, but since I did no like the game very much, ther was no point in going for an expansion, especially a short one.
    Bg3 was a maybe, and may even be scrapped as easily as Torn was.
    As much as I really love the Bg series, I think its time to call it quits, cos If I must spend as much time on another game as I did with all the Bg games and Torment, My wife will probably leave me. I'm an addict.

[Please spell out "you" and "are" as it asks you to in the rules/FAQ you were supposed to read when you registered - BTA]

[ August 09, 2002, 16:41: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

18. Kull Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I'm looking forward to IWD II, which will supposedly be out late August. I've done NWN several times and tried several user mods. Single play NWN just isn't so great to me. I want the parties. (NWN multiplayer WITH a DM could be nice, but I've never done that.) Third edition rules (NWN and IWD II) are much better than second edition rules. There are add-ons (such as The Darkest Day) available for the Baldurs Gate series to occupy oneself until IWD II.

19. Parvini Gems: 10/31

Could someone tell me more about Planescape Torment?
    [Perhaps you should ask on the Torment boards or the Torment section of SP - BTA]

[ August 10, 2002, 04:59: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.