1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Things you would like to change in BG ll

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Elvenblade, Jun 29, 2003.

1. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

More NPC's, I dont mind too much with the alignment thing, but there needs to be more NPC classes to choose from.

There are no Barbarians, Monks or sorcerer NPC, no straight class thieves and only one Paladin, Bard and full Druid, and none of those have the kits I would like to have.

Definetally more quests, more powerful items/weapons, and more fights against parties and groups of mages.

I have mentioned somewhere else about having a quest where Boo turns into a giant space hamster and can then back into one once per day and kill people.

Someone else sugested a BOOzooker, where boo does a feat similar to that rabit imn Monty Python.

And of course mooooore areas (with quests of course)

And not forgetting more quests (for the 3rd time) :)

2. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

3rd edition. (Now some people here will kill me, slowly.)

3. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I found out that a Kensai/Mage could indeed cast stoneskin. But the scroll that I had was red so I thought he couldn't use it, but I was wrong(probably some kind of bug). Anyway here are some more things I would like to change.

# Valygar should be an elf archer.

# Nalia should be a pure class thief. One dual classed T/M is enough

# More class based dialouges.

4. Register Gems: 29/31

@Elvenblade - If Valygar goes Elven archer he will just be another clone of Kivan and a typical stereotype. He is cool as he is.(And that is cool as hell.)

5. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Valygar?! Elf?! Archer?! Where would you get that idea?

And I think Viconia COULD be converted to Neutral Good, couldn't she?

6. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

Here is some matters I would like to see changed/added...

• Two times more enemy encounters, but done so that if, say; A happens, B cannot happen (50/50). Take that a step further and the games longevity could be thrice as long.
    • The difficulty setting should affect to the cost of items; this would make the game much more interesting if you needed to choose which items to buy. In another words: not everything.
    • Official Imoen romance.
    • Official "concurrent romances." :D
    • ToB should include a lot more banter and quests. Speaking of banter, there *could* -maybe, just maybe- be bit more of it in overall...
    • More diversity in graphics. Hey; there always could! :p
    • Completed/failed quests would affect the gameworld (and difficulty...?) -like in Fallout.
    Deathmage, Chaotic Good I'd say...

[ July 02, 2003, 14:04: Message edited by: Virne ]

7. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Homosexual romances.

*ducks*

(Sorry, Tal)

8. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

@Velve: As for the 3rd Edition rules, there is someone who transfers BG2 into IWD 2. I only forgot the name just now.

9. Sydax Gems: 19/31

Like always, Talauntin, you're right...
    - more banters
    - more NPCs
    - Why you would change Viconia's? if she's evil she that's it. Play with good guys.
    - much more and difficult random encounters
    - more quest for strongholds
    - I don't remember if was in BG1, when you did a critical miss, you dropped the weapon or something like that, you shoul lost a turn or something.
    - more story and quest for NPCs
    I guess that's all for now.

10. spoogemonkey Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Getting drunk should be a lot more fun. You should stagger around, pick fights, sleep with ugly people, get your pocket picked, and be hung over in the morning...

There should be Bordellos in every town and a chance to get a STD... imagine your character gradually going blind .... before you buy an antidote...

There should be a quest to restore Aerie's wings.

Evil party members should fight each other and argue over loot!

More PIRATES!!

You should be able to burn down a building...

You should be able to buy gifts for women that you are romancing... and their families should be needy, money grubbing, whining, losers...

TAXES!!

You should be able to buy businesses - and sell your adventuring loot!

Duels! :D

11. Bloodtitan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

and perhaps you should play the sims ;)

12. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

geez.. all you people want is MORE MORE MORE.

I like the game just how it is

13. kukec Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

i miss greataxes and two-handed hammers (mauls)...
    It would be fun to to have kit pirate, then could buy a boat and plunder other ships and towns ahhh...

14. Sydax Gems: 19/31

Something I don’t like in a movie is when the bad guy have the good guy against the wall and just before pull the trigger, starts to explain all his plans and everything, giving the chance to the good guy to escape; sometimes (like in Die Another Day) the good guy is all tied up and the bad guy explains all and instead of just killing him he leaves leaving a dumb to take care the job which of course, he doesn’t. Ok, the good guy have to win, I can hear all of you shouting at me, but, this way? too odd, too “done before”, too stupid.
    Irenicus it’s no exception; he puts you to sleep, in a cage, and he even doesn’t take your gear! That’s a stupid thing to do for such a smart bad guy, then, instead of killing you he releases you to Bodhi, with all your armament…
    Possible solutions:
    - First at all he MUST take all your gear; you can get them back searching around.
    - How do you escape? Maybe, Irenicus goes somewhere else while he experiments on you, leaving you alone believing you couldn’t wake up, but your friends somehow escaped and there’s when you get control of the party, a search for your main character, in a giving time, and having to search all the weapons and all of that, with the possibility of you getting killed if the search fails in the giving time.
    Well, this is maybe too late because the game is already developed and probably all of you have even ToB, but surely it will be another game like this and I guess this is just an idea to make an ending a little more difficult but not just because the bad guys are powerful or something but because they HAVE to be a little smart in this little details and because the “I'm explain all to you and then I leave you with my worst man so you can escape” is too “done before”, too stupid, too predictive…
    Of course, this is just my humble opinion which could be stupid or whatever you want to call it. (I'm sorry if the post is out of place but I thought this as a change for BG2.)

15. spoogemonkey Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] My biggest gripe (and it ought to be yours) about BG2 is none of the things you have mentioned...... it is when the PARTY MEMBERS GO THE LONG WAY AROUND TO GET WHERE I POINT THEM!! They are always going the wrong way and getting into trouble, or getting lost, or, for some reason, just deciding not to follow the group this time... MIAs...or running into each other like the 3 stooges... or when a guy runs out of arrows and charges a Golem with his fists! or when I can't get to treasure because an open door is hiding the space... or when I get a gift from someone when my slots are all filled up and I drop an item.... or Bags of Holding get FULL!!??!

16. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    @Syndax

Well, Irenicus doesn't exactly leave you with an incompetent servant. It's Bohdi that sets you free. You could even make the arguement that Irenicus did take your armor and weapons (yes I know that the avatar doesn't change and you're fulling armed with armor and weapons in the experiment - but let's pretend). However, after releasing you to Bohdi, she gave you back your armor and weapons so that the chase would be more interesting. This could also explain why you didn't have to free your companions. Bohdi let everyone loose to give her more enjoyment in chasing them down. :D :1eye:

17. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Maybe someone could send this to BioWare to add into Baldus Gate III, They might have enough time to fit it in, too, as it wont be released until the second of Feburary next year.

18. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

yes that would give them alot of work to do though, specially adding in as many NPC's as everyone seems to want.Not that i really disagree but i dont think that there need to be a whole lot more maybe 5 or 6.

19. Robert Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

The thing I want most of all is that Minsc really could use Boo, I mean: He takes up a quick slot there for he should be able to be used as a quick item. he is after all a giant space hamster. And I agree to the previos post, Boo is the Killer-Rabbit in "The Quest For the Holy Graal" by Monty Python (only a giant space hamster, but just as lethal)

20. Alcifer Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Evening all! Im new, just thought i would say hi and tell u what kind of things i would like to see changed in the game.

1. The models. Weapons should actually look like their item picture. (if that makes any sense)for example, drow armour. Its purple on the item pic, but when its worn its plain, boring silver. Also things like belts and magic boots should be seen on the model.

2. Haer'Dalis, i got rid of him cos he was trying to steal my Aerie. Lol. I just found him really annoying. I think that i played the game for so long that their were no random comments from anyone anymore, and that was one of the best parts of the whole game.

I think thats it for now, sayonara!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.