1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Paladin Stronghold Quest bug?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot, May 15, 2003.

1. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I'm having a problem with the Paladin Quest. Despite playing through BGII about 10 times, I have never taken a Paladin as the main character, until now. (Because Keldorn rocks.) Anyway, after completing the Windspear Hills quest, and talking to the leader of the Order of the Radiant Heart, I was given a quest to go to the Umar Hills to stop a band of invading Ogres or something like that. I went to the Umar Hills, covered every inch of map area, and I can't find them anywhere. Where are they?

2. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

IIRC, in the southern portion of the Umar Hills area (the town, not the temple) a runner will find you and you will be swept to the battle. Not too terrible a fight. If no one finds you at Imnesdale, reload and try traveling there again.

3. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I had that very same problem the 1st time i played through. Dunno why. I ended up giving in the end. After about 3 months i decided to replay as a Paladin and it worked perfectly. Strange but true

4. TheBard Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

[​IMG] Ok, I'll put this here

While doing the Windspear Quests, I noticed that right before Garren's daughter is kidnapped, he won't leave! He would just sit there and the story wouldn't progress.

I turned him invisible and it moved alot just fine. FYI, turning him, or his daughter invisible actually removed them from the map, as purging invisible or true sight still didn't bring them back. After I rescued her from the really mean nasty red dragon, He thanks me. But he NEVER helps me start the paladin stronghold quests! He just sits there repeating his "this has weighed heavily on me" line over and over.

Now I've tried making he and his daughter invisible again to see if it triggered anything.

Nope.

Please, I've never had the paladin stronghold quests and I still cannot figure out what to do. I have reinstalled the patch for TOB as well, but with no greater response.

5. Jurts Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Masterpoet, do you have Multiple Strongholds mod installed? It messes up the paladin stronghold, in that Garren won't leave when you arrive to his shack and his daughter/son never gets kidnapped.

6. TheBard Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

Actually, yes I do... I didn't think about that because I'd started a new game and actually played an Inquistor this time..... oops.

I bypassed the kidnapping thing, like I said, in case anyone else has THAT problem. Just turn the father invisible and he'll be "gone" for the kidnapping to occur. He'll return in the middle of the battle, however, so watch those area spells :D

So, there is NO way to get the paladin stronghold quests? If not, I'm off to kill Firkragg, that rat meanie.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.