1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Least Favorite NPC Finals

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot, Dec 31, 2003.

1. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Well, here it is, my last poll of 2003. What better way to end the year than a poll from your resident pollmeister? Anyway, as the title suggests, we have the least favorite NPC Finals. The semi-finals were much closer than expected (the "winner" had fewer than 60% of the vote in both cases).

So the NPC's left going for the dubious honor of Least Favorite NPC are Nalia and Anomen. For me, that's an easy decision.

Happy New Year everyone!

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 40 user(s) have voted.
    Voting stops at January 07, 2004 16:33 board time.

Poll Results: Least Favorite NPC Finals (40 votes.)

Nalia or Anomen (Choose 1)
    * Nalia - 40% (16)
    * Anomen - 60% (24)

2. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

GO Anomen! I know you can win this. I believe in you (or just not). :D

3. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Easy as pie; Nalia isn't nearly as annoying as Anomen is. :shake:

4. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Sir Anomen the Annoying...hey that's pretty neat if I do say so myself...

:p :p :p

5. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Nalia makes my skin crawl. I can tolerate Anomen. Further, on character strength merits, Anomen becomes obscenely powerful as the game goes on.

6. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

The poll is 7 to 1 in favor of Anomen.

I have a strange feeling that I know who is going to win this.

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I like Anomen. *hides from the Anomen haters*

Nalia is okay, I suppose, but I have only managed to tolerate her through one game. I haven't opened that save in some time though...

8. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    Nalia isn't as annoying as Anomen. It's partly because I don't take her help-other-people banter too seriously (comes out in all the strangest dungeons) and because I think her personality is better than Anomen's.

It's not Anomen's arrogance or his voice-set that drives me crazy, it's his lawful approach to something at the expense of purpose or common sense. Nalia is ignorant, but that's natural. Anomen is naive, which he shouldn't be.

[ December 31, 2003, 19:52: Message edited by: Scythesong Immortal ]

9. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Voted Nalia, for the same reasons as dmc.

10. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Anomen wins. The greater of two evils, so to speak.

11. Elendrile Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Voted for Nalia. She's only in the game because Imoen gets taken away from you, and given how much I utterly despise this part of the story and think death should be visited upon whatever Bioware employee that came up with this idea, my vote here was an easy one.

12. HeresiarchQin Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I don't like Anomen because he got around 40% of the kills at the end of SoA. So I bumped him away for Sarevok. Having a brother to protect me is better than have a annoying lawful babbler yelling "what is it now?!" around!

I don't like Nalia, especially at the moment she admitted she's an archmage even though 1.none asked her to tell this and 2.my kensai/mage and my lovely Imoen can beat the crap of her out with ease but none of us admitted we are archmages. :D

Speaking of kensai/mage, a bit out of topic comment here: man, that dual-class IS boring. I abandoned my game as soon as I killed Gromnir because of boredom and started a new game at SoA with a swashbuckler. Now I find it boring AGAIN because I got Use Any Item. -_-

13. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Ugh - not gonna vote in this one. I like both of them.

14. Hellheart Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I dislike Nalia , she's not that powerfull and she just tries to be a do-gooder. Voted for her just because of the principle , a rich do-gooder is a do-gooder with still too much money to keep!

15. Abomination Gems: 26/31

It's a personality comparison people! Got nothing to do with powergaming or 'what NPC is better?'.

Anyway... Annoyman wins hands down. Pompus ass. Still I find Nalia entertaining rather than annoying. How can she be so arrogant? "I'm an archmage!" "I'm a whiny archmage!" "I'm more intelligent that I was before." "My soundset is high pitched and cuts in at random times." best moment is "How are we helping the less fortunate trudging about in here?" when we are CLEARING TROLLS FROM HER KEEP! Stupid b!tch...

16. GI Gems: 5/31

A-no-man :D

17. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Lets all sing the song!(to the sound of SpongeBob SquarePants)

Jaguar: Are you ready SP?

SP: Aye-aye Jaguar.

Jaguar: I can't hear you...

SP: Aye-Aye Jaguar!!

Jaguar: Oh! Who is more annoying the Nalia could be?

SP: Sir Annoy-o-man!

Jaguar: Arogant and yellow and pompus is he!

Jaguar: If annoying nonsense be something you wish...

Jaguar: Then drop a good character and pick up this fish!

Jaguar: Ready?

EveryBody: Sir Annoy-o-man! Sir Annoy-o-man! Sir Annoy-o-man!

Jaguar: Sir.... Annoy-o-man! Haha.

(guess who I voted for?)

18. Abomination Gems: 26/31

Spoungebob? But he wasn't an option...

19. Trydan Gems: 5/31

I still fail to see what is so annoying about Anomen. I think he is fine.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.