1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Character colour sets?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by casey, Dec 9, 2003.

1. casey Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I know this seems like a bit of a stupid topic but I AM stupid myself so **** it :) What does everyone think would be the best colour combinations for certain characters, the best as in most appropriate clothes for the class (not skin) like Yellow and Orange sort's in my mind would be the most suited for the Monk, but I'm not sure about the rest.
    I am sure that there are people that get sick of looking at the exact same avatar apperance all the time.

2. Serpent Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Well, thieves should have dark clothing... black or brown.

3. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Depending on my mood, my paladins wear emerald and carmine, or purple, or the brownish/greyish stuff I normally wear.

4. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I usually try to make the character have the same colours as their portrait. However if you want a rundown...
    N.B. Colours may include different 'shades' of that colour.
    Fighters - Black, Red, Purple and Blue
    Barbarians - Brown, Black and Red
    Rangers - Brown and Green
    Thieves - Black and Brown
    Clerics - Good: Yellow, Orange and White; Neutral: Blue and White; Evil: Black and Red
    Paladins: Yellow, Blue, Orange and White or Major White, Minor Red (whole Crusader look is very snazzy in chainmail)
    Monks: Major Brown with minor as any colour (often depending on alignment)
    Bards: Anything goes as long as major and minor are opposites (i.e. Red and Green)
    Druids: Green, Green and possibly Green.
    Arcane casters: Usually bright colours like Aqua, Yellow, Orange, Red and Blue.

I will sometimes use SK to give me a few of the more 'origional' colours for hair, skin and clothing if it suits my portrait.

5. Terelya Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I try to think of a colour that would fit the class I play as the best. For example green for a ranger and purple for a bard. Or if there is a colour that I really like.

6. casey Gems: 15/31

the general response so far seems to indicate that all the bright and non Red colours indicates "good", and all the Red and Black colours indicate "evil", and I was wondering why exactly this is the case.

Well correct me if i am wrong (little doubt that I am) but haven't there been good guy's that have an "evil" apperance about them, apart from the following? I know of Drizzt who is one of the most rightous people in FR, and there is Lan from the Wheel of Time series that goes Black occasionally I think, and even if it's differant to FR the "good and evil" concept seems to be the exact same.

7. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Drizzt is a ranger though, and his primary colour is green, not black.

8. Kyrie Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

My 3 cents (ha! Three! Like I'm superior or something...)

Fighters - Red or green
    Barbarians - brown, orange, gold
    Rangers - brown, dark red, gray
    Thieves - purple, light blue
    Clerics - tan, blue
    Paladins: brown, white, yellow
    Monks: white, yellow
    Bards: light blue, bright blue, bright green, orange
    Druids: light brown, purple
    Arcane casters: red, yellow, dark blue

9. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

For me, the primary colour on all of my characters is a shiny black, and I add on the other colour differently depending on who it is.

I like the uniform sort of look. Got sort of a Fantastic Four look, but in black.

10. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Am I the only one to play a black and blue ranger?
    It's cool you know, and it fits perfect, especially with the rogue avatar :D

11. Mayfairy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

All black is usually what I go for. Just like me. Bright colors give me a headache.
    This might be a little off topic, but has anyone tried these monster avatars on PC? I've fantasized about giving a fighter a tanar'ri or cambion avatar(SK), but does that crash the game? I heard that when you for example try to cast a spell and your avatar can't do that, the game crashes. Are there many actions PC avatars can do, but normal monster avatars can't?
    Just think of Minsc having a goblin avatar. :D

12. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Mayfairy, it depends on what the creature is.

Generally, yes, it will crash the game as few monster avatars contain all the actions that a PC can take (each weapon type uses a different animation for example).

13. Trydan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Fighters - Brown with red or blue trim
    Barbarians - Brown, with black or red trim
    Rangers - Brown and green
    Thieves - Black
    Clerics - Good: White with blue trim, Evil: Black
    Paladins - White with blue, purple or yellow trim.
    Monks - Black, brown or white
    Bards - Any two opposites (red/green, blue/yellow, etc.)
    Druids - Green and/or white.
    Arcane casters - Red with yellow trim

14. casey Gems: 15/31

@ Mayfairy: I take it you have never expirienced Hallucinagens then?

15. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Depends on the character. If it's a flamboyant type of character, bright colors. If it's a dark brooding kind of character then it's black, gray or brow.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.