1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

dual or multi-class sorcerer ?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by wandererhaha, Apr 20, 2006.

1. wandererhaha Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hello, does anyone know there are any methods to dual or multi-class sorcerer? ^^ thanks ~

2. Late Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Media:
    There are none. AFAIK, the engine shouldn't allow it.

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

There aren't methods, but there are mods. I believe Ashes of Embers allows it, but I don't remember.

4. wandererhaha Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] So it is the limitation of the engine ...
    The problem of the 2ndD&D engine ><...

Ashes of Embers ? What is it ? Is it a MOD?

I always want my Bard/Sorcerer in IWD2 come back ...

Anyway , Thanks ^^~

5. Isshy Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I just imagined a Cleric/Sorcerer (Sorcerer/Cleric?) who doesn't have to memorize his divine spells...Power Overwhelming

A Ranger/Cleric/Sorc would have just about every spell in the game if leveled enough...imagine that! :cool:

[ April 20, 2006, 09:18: Message edited by: Isshy ]

6. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Sorcerer's aren't even part of second edition. Useful but still damned Abominations!

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Ashes of Embers, downloadable from here, or you can view more of a description at Pocket Plane Group, found here.

8. wandererhaha Gems: 1/31

It seems it just adds some kits of clerics ... but no sorcerer~
    Anyway thanks all ^^~~

9. kuemper Gems: 31/31

If you're really want to do this, try using Shadowkeeper.

10. Felinoid

Sorry kuemp, but that won't work on its own. There needs to be a class value for the mixed class that you want, and there are none for the sorcerer.

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31

What about changing a C/M to C/Sorcerer? Isn't that what Faraaz was soloing not long ago?

Oh! :idea: What was that mod Silverstar had where he played a Druid/Sorcerer?

12. Felinoid

He was playing a Wild Mage/Cleric. Wild magi are considered a mage kit by the engine, while sorcerers are considered a different class.
    The Drudic Sorcerer is also a kit, single-classed AFAIK. It is not a Druid/Sorcerer.

13. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Well, I tried.

14. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

They are really marked in there as seperate classes? Well it looks like all those people that were calling the sorcerer a mage kit in the ToB stuff were wrong.

15. Drathir Darthirii Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

There is a mod with multi-class sorcerers, I think it's called the Semi-Multi mod. It's got a couple of multi-class sorcerers, along with a few other things. You can get it here:

http://www.spellholdstudios.net/mods/smm/

16. Felinoid

Given that it says they are not kits, I'd say this is exactly the solution I've been envisioning. Appending to the CLASS.2DA file can give additional options for mixed classes, and that sounds like what they did. The switch is still slightly clumsy, but it's a good first version and the I imagine the appropriate GUI changes for picking these classes at character creation will be in a future version. :) One less thing for me to do when I finally get into modding. *ticks it off list*

17. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    For those who haven't checked the site, the semi-multi mod simply adds a few divine spells to each level of the spell book at the cost of some stat points. It adds a book that can either be purchased from a priest of mystra or brought in with the console to get the job done.

18. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Where is the priest located? I have the mod installed a loong time ago but never understood how it worked. It could be my next-run! If only I can understand how it works. Can someone illuminate? I think that is the way to play illegal caster MCs.

Ooh, you remember me playing Druidic Sorcerer? That class rocks, soo powerful and fun, basically, it is a sorcerer with some druid spells and very cool and unique HLA powers! But it has soooo many bugs, I barely managed to finish a game and 'Never again'. But it was fun till lasted, I will give it that.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.