1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Question about Saradush on the fire giant siege

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by The Grim Ripper, Sep 10, 2001.

1. The Grim Ripper Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] sorry about the long title there.
    but just a question, will the walls actually fall down any time? or do they stay there unto infinity? just wandering.
    thanks in advance.

2. Angel of Def Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Well, while I didn't left my party standing there for a couple of days, I don't think the walls will be breached. if so, it would really mess up the story (Yaga Shura would still be invincible etc.) so nope, the walls will hold.

[This message has been edited by Angel of Def (edited September 10, 2001).]

3. The Grim Ripper Gems: 6/31

[​IMG] you have a good point there. thank you angel!
    I was worried that It would end my storieline for good, beacuse I have to keep resting for those damned fire giants in the marching mountains temple, and its now day 11...
    plus, I want to try the wathcers tower thingy. and I want to ask another question.
    once you have finished the watchers tower quest, do you get to keep it as a keep?
    sorry to bug you all :D

4. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

no you don't get to keep watchers keep as a stronghold, but you get to meet a special someone... ;)

and for the walls, they wont breach. And here is a powergamers cheeze note. Try positioning yourself on the wall somewhere where you can't get hit. You will now be able to shoot an unlimited number of firegiants for continues XP raise. (requires you have some unlimited ammo thing e.g. Gesen's Bow, Firetooth or some Quiver of plenty)

5. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

That may be cheese, but that's pretty genius. I wouldn't have thought of that, like that one person who left his game on all night with Sarevok shooting a croosbow at the respwaning giants and waking up the next morning to find that it was time to do some major leveling up. However clever it may be it's still cheese though and I don't plan on doing it.

The part of the whole entire game that gives me the impression that you have to hurry to do something is in the Underdark with the Drow quests. Even the walls of Saradush will wait around but not Phaere...

6. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I did the Underdark dungeons before I entered Ust Natha. I already had the blood that the Matron needed.... Try it! Her reaction was so funny. As for Saradush, the walls couldn't fall.... what would be the POINT?! That would probably get most players stuck at a certain point in the game anyway. I think shooting the giant once or twice or even three times is OK, but leaving the game on all night is quite another story....

7. The Grim Ripper Gems: 6/31

[​IMG] I wanted to keep watchers keep as a keep! (huh?) oh well...
    shazbot
    will you at least be able to sort of use it as a keep (such as storing things in chests, bieng reletivley safe, ect) after you defeat 'him'
    Im Pretty sure I know what 'he' is, a thing begginig with demo and ending with gorgon :D
    I wanted a new keep :(
    thank you all for your help! ill geuss ill roleplay it after killing 'him' :) try try try again...

[This message has been edited by The Grim Ripper (edited September 10, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by The Grim Ripper (edited September 10, 2001).]

8. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

it wouldn't really be suited for that. Though you get your own plane, where you can store things in containers, and always get there, except if monsters are nearby :)

but I assume you could use it as your keep (WK that is), though it would only be a dungeon with no enemies.

9. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Think like a business man>>>>>>> after cleansing Watcher's Keep make it a Tourist's Attraction and generate some revenues :D

Haha, Demogorgon wax museum!

10. The Grim Ripper Gems: 6/31

[​IMG] Lol at big B
    Get your picture taken with demogorgon! only 5gp! :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.