1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pit Fiends: Too Easy to Kill?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Tarchon, Aug 16, 2003.

1. Tarchon Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Is it just me or are Pit Fiends way too weak? They may be immune to certain weapons, but that is about all they've got going for them. They have less HP than a mid-level halfling fighter! :eek: I believe they should have much lower AC and many more hit points.

Comments?

2. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Agreed, by the time they were even half a worry for me I'd leveled up enough to not worry much at all. Throw in a couple of gated demons of my own...no worry at all

3. Menion Leah Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Can you actually kill your own gated in Demons/Pit Fiends and get experience?

4. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I think so, in one particular case I had 2 nabassu (??) summoned to counter four summoned against me and I'm pretty sure the experience points counted towards me when I had to kill them.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You can't kill your own summoned pit fiends for XP. I tried it, it didn't work.

6. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    IIRC, you cant kill any summoned (by your party of course) creatures for XP. I assume that the developers very rightly noticed that such a thing could/would be abused :rolleyes: .

7. Tarchon Gems: 1/31

The sad thing is, you can't kill enemy summoned demons for experience either. Sendi summoned a few which I killed and yet I didn't gain experience for them.

8. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I do remember killing pit fiends summoned by lich in gates district and by twisted rune mage. And i got XP for them. 18.000 iirc.

And i agree these demons are waaay too easy for their reputation as one of the greatest of its kind. Usualy fall in two rounds or so :(

Ravager-pit fiend upgrade anyone :p :grin:

9. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I find all the demons to be a little to easy.

The only beasties I have alot of trouble with are dragons, but thats a given.

10. Menion Leah Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I don't think they are THAT weak for a summon creature. Maybe they're weak for their reputation, but if they were as strong as that, the spell would be overpowered (because you can cast protection from evil).

11. Arian Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Well they shouldn't be so weak as to disregard them completely. I mean it's a ninth level spell, who in their right mind will take a Pit Fiend over a Planetar? I mean, get real. Even Mordenkainen's Sword is better and it's level 7 IIRC. IMHO the skeleton you can summon at level 15 is better. And for the cleric one, it's level 7 so it has to compete with Devas. It's worthless. And IIRC the demon spell one level below is the exact same except for an extremely minor difference that I can't remember right now. The 8th level one isn't worth summoning either, but I just felt I'd bring it up. All in all the demon summoning spells are pathetic.

12. Tarchon Gems: 1/31

The worst part about demon summoning is that you don't get any experience for their kills.

13. Skywind Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Strange! I remembered killing my own gated pit fiend and gain some experiences.
    Maybe it's because that was when I didn't had TOB installed. After that(with TOB installed), I hardly use the gate spell....

14. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

i used to summon up bunches of demons of my own and kill them for xp but that was before xp was out

15. Tarchon Gems: 1/31

When I said "you don't get any experience for their kills" I ment that if the summoned demon kills an enemy itself, you won't get any experience for that kill.

16. Skywind Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Oh I see! @_@

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.