1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How do I make Sarevok good?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by cat_hair2000, Jun 18, 2004.

1. cat_hair2000 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I heard you can coach him into being good or something like that. How do you do it?

2. Thunder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

AFAIK you shouldn't let him take a vow of not hurting you (or whatever vow he offers to take). And you obviously have to give him a portion of your or imoens soul. Further more just choose the 'good' option during dialogues and he should become 'good'.

3. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

SPOILER!!!
    There is a dialog where (if you have him in your party of course) where he wants and taunts you about the good things that he and you can do with Bhaal power, you just have to say the "good lines", that's the point where he shifts to "chaotic good", you'll notice that he doesn't say anymore the "...we are no match" thing if you rise your reputation to 14 or more, he just say... well, find yourself...

4. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

No coaching, just make sure you give the right answers back when you are in a convo with me.

5. Ancient Galatan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Well, i had a mayor problem when letting him in the party, i played through SOA with a Chevalier(paladin-kit), but when he joined my party i became a fallen-paladin.
    So is there a way that won't happen again?

6. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

That happens when you lose your reputation, and it falls to a very low level...something like 5-6. Right when he joins, make sure that your reputation is atleast 15-16 before he joins...if not a full 18. That way, you can be sure that even if it does drop, it wont drop too much. Oh, and it drops whenever an evil character joins your party, which is why your guy became a fallen paladin.

As for making him good...when he is joining your party, just be careful when you reply to him. DO NOT make him swear allegiance to you, and be nice to him. He will automatically turn Chaotic Good.

7. Etrigone Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I am almost certain that, barring Viconia, no one joining the party affects your reputation. Viconia will drop it 2 pts, just as in BG1. Those pts come back if she leaves the party.

Barring some mod, that is. Hmm, evil drops rep, good raises? And neutral to leave it as is (or move it towards 10).

Dunno on the 'fallen paladin' thing; sure it wasn't fallen beforehand due to the stuff at the end of SOA? If you're now neutral evil, I'd say it's likely.

8. Ancient Galatan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Well, i can always make him paladin again with the Shadowkeeper tool, har!

9. Emmanuel Julius Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

first of all don't make him swear allegiance to you, and one key dialogue is when he tells you something about Bhaal's power.....basically he wants you to do what he couldn't do (i.e become the next Bhaal) so if you agree with him then he won't change (this is where the first time around I missed it)....

10. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Bum grapes ... I've just mucked that one up ... I made him swear allegience ...

11. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I also had problems getting him to change if I didn't keep him in the party for the rest of the game after I got him. Not sure if that's a hard-and-fast requirement, but I couldn't get him to switch if he left the party at any stage or if you don't take him immediately.

12. Tananda Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I'm going nuts trying to turn him... installed Ascension and tried talking nice(no oath). But it will NOT go to the third dialogue option. I've tried using Ctrl-I, but that hasn't forced this to move any further forward. Any suggestions?
    Please don't say I've been going too fast...my party of 6 all have about 6 million XP, and I haven't taken on Balthazar!

13. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    At the end of SOA when you are in hell if you perform any of the tasks in an evil way (Kill the dragon, kill the djinni, take the nymph cloak etc) then your alignment will change to evil and the same suffix as you had before (If you were true neutral, he will become evil-neutral etc.) this would cause your paladin to become "Fallen" And yes, Viconia is the only NPC that makes ur rep drop, so this is not the reason.

14. Tananda Gems: 1/31

I'm playing with a Cavalier, went good on all the tests, and my reputation's at 20.

[ August 02, 2004, 01:33: Message edited by: Tananda ]

15. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Maybe his intelligence or wisdom is a bit too low to think of the 3rd dialogue :p

16. Abomination Gems: 26/31

If you make Sarevok take the vow you can still make him Chaotic Neutral. However the idea is to show him the advantages of being good and how not striving for power makes your life that much better.

17. Tananda Gems: 1/31

Intelligence is 10 or 11 (not sure which) and wisdom's at 16 or 17.

18. Korgal the Strong Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

evil characters are for evil parties. good characters are for good parties. its stupid that you can change anyones alignment. and so durastically too! from chaotic evil to good for sarevok? thats BS!

19. Tananda Gems: 1/31

Well, I kind of think it's a good idea. Alignment is basically how you view the world in general and react to it. I like to think that I can change that in Sarevok's case, by bringing him back and showing him that there's more to life than profit and power. Then again, I tend to play goody-two-shoes characters that would like nothing better than to make the world a better place. ;)

Okay, is there only one dialogue option that will make him good? Must have miscounted the dialogues I'd had with him. I tried restarting, different answer on the second and same on the third and he turned! :p

[ August 03, 2004, 08:06: Message edited by: Tananda ]

20. Abomination Gems: 26/31

Alignment is your current code of conduct. It is simple yet difficult process to change someone's alignment. I can say myself that I have changed from Neutral-Good to Lawful-Good in the past 5 years as I got away from my 'rebellious teenager' stage.

Sarevok is the person who is MOST likely to change alignment. He was killed because of his way of life and he learnt a lesson many find to be fatal. He hasn't just been 'shown' the error of his ways. He's had it impaled in his guts then twisted around a bit.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.