1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Viconia's turn undead

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Elwyn De'Liam, May 16, 2005.

1. Elwyn De'Liam Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Hi
    As much as making liches cast imprisonment on themselves is fun, i find viconia's control undead ability annoying and useless. there are rarely any places with both undead and non-undead to be worth the extra fodder, so i'm stuck with having to destroy in the old fashioned way, which is very dangerous. is there any way to use shadow keeper to make viconia destroy undead instead of controlling them? i don't want to turn her good, because i'm playing evil ]:->

2. Sir Goulum Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Well, you're out of luck then. Only good characters can destroy undead.

3. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

[​IMG] Sure, just Sk in the Helm of Opposite Alignment.
    Or CULA it in-game with this command: CULAConsoleCreateItem:("HELM02",1)

Use it when you need to turn undead and then stash it.

4. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Or spare that one helmet spot and SK her to neutral/chaotic good. :D

5. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I thought she can be turned good without cheating......(romance or something)

6. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

True Neutral iirc. That is event based and happens wayyy late in the game. Not really useful if you want to blast undead.

7. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Aye...that happens in Saradush...which is in ToB...which is like 80% of the game finished! :D

Just SK her to Chaotic Neutral or something.

8. Elwyn De'Liam Gems: 5/31

Thanks for the help... i tried using the helmet like Shirkant suggested, but it's too annoying to remove curse all the time... I'll just hack her to chaotic neutral i guess... it's as close to evil as it gets :( didn't any of you guys noticed that i said that i don't want to turn her into a good character?

By the way, i installed the all races\ sexes romance, and my female PC is romancing viconia... throughout SOA viconia reffered to her as a male, but in TOB she suddenly acknowledged that she's a female :eek:

9. 14 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

This is pretty amazing...

Changing Viconia's allignment just because she controls undead ?

Her evil allignment is her identity, her trademark .....

I mean how hard is it to kill something you already gained control ? ..... How easy do you want to get ?

Fodders are useless that means you are powerful enough to control **ALL** the undead around right ? How "dangerous" is it then to kill the undeads with such power ?

And if you can control a lich already .....

I mean this whole thing is just so ... bizarrly unblievable.

[ May 18, 2005, 02:17: Message edited by: 14 ]

10. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

How high-level do you have to be to Turn a lich? I would die a happy man if I could see Kangaxx imprison himself just once! ;)

11. Elwyn De'Liam Gems: 5/31

Kangaxx is a demi lich, so i belive that he can't be turned. I know that when I was in the underdark with about 3.3 million XP i could control the lich from the imprisonment shpere, but couldn't control the lich in the drow city.

@14
    The lesser undead are doable, but these stupid vampire and mists and all their friends... i just hate getting level drained, and once you hack them they turn against you, so you're not completely safe... plus, liches cheat and cast spells they don't know sometimes, so even if you make them waste all their spells, which takes a very long time, they're still not defenseless....

Oh, and does anyone know what are the burning men? are they undead or some kind of fire elemental?

[ May 18, 2005, 14:10: Message edited by: Elwyn De'Liam ]

12. Deuce Gems: 5/31

@ Elwyn

Burning men can be insti-killed by the Staff of Fire, so I'm guessing they are more like Fire Elementals.

13. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Helberd: Wave works better. It's instant and no save

14. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I just order all of the charmed undead to attack one of their own. That is, let Viconia stand close by (not too close) with turn undead on. Then select all undead and force attack one guy. That one will turn hostile, but he'll attack one of your undead minions.

But if there is just one left, I guess you have to kill it yourself. Hopefully you can charm him in between your attacks each time so he never gets a chance to fight back.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.