1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Drizzt Killing Obsession...

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by komei, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I killed Drizzt coz he looks silly. All the custom portraits you can get of him make him look so lame. I can't wait till he has a hairy chest and beard, then I will be able to recognise him as a Dwarf and then I'll not even think of attacking him.

PS the most amazing dwarf is not Bruenor, but Gimli. I :love: Gimli. Really.

2. Modhi Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

This is interesting. I'm currently playing a paladin so it would be out of character to kill him. However I plan on making an evil Berserker for my next run-through.

That means when I see him he's deadmeat. :evil:

3. Khazraj Gems: 20/31

I may actually have to repent! I just found a great portrait off the net that seems to me to represent Drizzt. If this is it then I will lay down my sword and beg Drizzt for mercy and forgiveness....

Just kidding, I'll wait till he turns around and then backstab him for 120hps! Gibs for everyone!

I am serious about the portrait though.

Cheers.

4. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Drizzt is cool ;) :D

Thats why i killed him to check if i can and then reloaded.
    I'm just reading the second book and its great. To put some connection to the games (Tal :o ;) )
    i'll say i met Artemis Entreri in BG II in The Darkest Day mod. Ofcourse he is totaly evil as always :)

5. Louthor Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I think Drizzit rocks and I haven't even read the books. However Elministers a stupid old Fart who probably gets all of his powers from that ridiculously long and pointy hat and as far as I know does sod all to help you besides give you some long and boaring dialogs and tells you how he cant get involved and volos just your plain old drunkerd tavern hopping looser. I mean why else do you think you always find him in taverns!

[ October 31, 2002, 23:57: Message edited by: Louthor ]

6. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] Louthor, you have you read the discworld? I swear that statement is so pratchet. Anyway, i still hold to the fact that drizzt should not have been placed into the game! He does not add to the basis of the storyline AT ALL and is there FOR his stuff! Even if you cnat keep it. I liked the fact that he attacks you if your name is Drizzt, i did that intentionally so that i would not loose rep with my paladin. Also, whats this rot about him being so great and all. Read the manual. He is only level 15. He is ridicuolously hacked in the game. He wears his swords in the ring slots. They cant be moved. He wears an invisible helmet for protection against crit. attacks. He has been hacked beyond all posibile knowledge, in fact, i was surprised that his name was Drizzt and not "Mega Demon Of slaying, Dont Try to Attack Me because You Will Not Beat Me and IF You Do My Stuff Will Not Be Usable!!!!!!". Game balance. pfff. Just a pet project.

7. Davaeorn Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] "He has been hacked beyond all possible knowledge"

What? Drizzt is a puny pathetic loser in BG2 :mad: ! In the books, he has godlike fighting skills :D , but in the game he sucks big time :mad: .

[Lots of spoilers from books]

He is level 15. I think it's safe to say that Drizzt has more than his share of experiance ;) . He has faced five dragons that I can recall,
    -Dracos Icingdeath,
    -Another white worm near Sheela Kree's domain,
    -Old Fwen the great red( although he did not kill it),
    -Shimmergloom,
    -And some other sort in the Evermoors on the way to find Mithril Hall

He has also killed Errtu twice, as well as some other fiends, not to mention many drow such as Dantrag, Some Baenre daughters, and even Zak!

He's not fast enough. In the books, Salvatore tells us that there is a constant ring of steel on steel, or that the opponent was hit ten times before it felt the first. Nobody can get a blade near him, and it seems as if he has a permanant Greater Whirlwind, Offensive Spin, Defensive Spin, and Haste.

In short, to quote Salvatore: " Few in all the realms could match blades with Drizzt Do'Urden "

You, son or daughter of the god of murder, guess what? You just happen to be one of those few.

I never never killed him because first, I'm good-aligned, and second, he's not nearly an accurate enough portrayal of the awesome ass-kicking ranger :cool: that most of us love to even consider testing the challenge.

8. Sylvan Gems: 5/31

It seems to me every one likes to kill Drizzt. Its nothing personal, but I killed him off just to get his cool armor.
    Although I would have thought him and his party would be harder to beat than they were (being seasoned veterans that they are).

9. Khazraj Gems: 20/31

Davaeorn, thanks for describing Drizzt for me, I nearly vomited and now I swear I will never read the stories, eventhough at one point I may have done. That is so pathetic a description...(rant whinge whine)

It reminds me of the Dragonlance "stories" that were simply some DND nerds' pen and paper campagin written in novel form. It sounds like Drizzt was a character that Salvatore actually played in a campaign with his mates and ended up writing a book about!

Vomit, bleugh, retch.

PS, I am not rubbishing or criticising you, so please don't take this rant personally, because that is what it is, a rant and a chance for me to whinge....(voice trailing off in the distance as you turn and walk away from me...) ;)

10. Kenshiro Gems: 5/31

Yeah, I'm sorry, I've been reading the Drizzt novels for well over a decade, since I was about 12 or so, 12 years ago, when I came across the novel The Crystal Shard. Needless to say, I was hooked, and since then, I've thought Drizzt is a terrific hero in literature. My favorite line from him is "Where in the Nine Hells did you think I was going to fight fair?" Unfortunately, the voice they give him in the BG games(Dark Alliance too) sounds cruddy, like some English fop. Hell, if you want my opinion, Viggo Mortensen aka Aragorn could voice Drizzt well. And for one more point-When we see Legolas using two swords in The Two Towers, I will be thinking Drizzt all the way.

11. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31

I have never read the books, and dont intend to, as i have stated in previous posts. I didn't really care how many dragons and drow drizzt has killed, he is, in the game, a level 15 ranger. Open up the creature viewer in SP and look him up. Thats what i did. By the way, they could not speed him up anymore than they already have, else the game would hang and it would be pointless. Again, this is a personal rage for me and any who read my endless prattle, so dont take it personally, but drizzt gives me the sh!ts.

Cheers

12. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

literature? :p

Now that is just sad.

13. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Beazlebub, no offence but you're a bit of a monkey aren't you? :hmm:

Read the books for god's sake! There's nothing more sad than stating a point without any knowledge behind it, and then insisting you are right.

If you think making a level 15 Ranger harder than he is, then how about making some random person the spawn of a god, level 40, even though all he did was kill a few people to become god? Whatever.

If you had actually read the books, you would know Drizzt is not only a Ranger, but was in fact a WeaponsMaster in Menzoberanzan (his underdark city home), the most talented swordsman. He had complete mastery of the Scimitars etc.
    He also recieved personal training from an extremely talented and wise Ranger, as well as starting to have faith in Meikilli, his goddess.

Now here's the part that makes me really angry!
    - You said that having a level 15 ranger in that part of the game is stupid, as you can kill him with your level 29 Kensai really easily.

- The problem here is; in that part of SoA, you're not even supposed to be over level 15! So how you can complain there is beyond me as you're cheating yourself.
    - I know you have ToB, but you were simply not meant to leave the Underdark at level 29.

- Secondly, you weren't ever meant to open a hacking program and check out his level, making further complaints of the cheesy-ness of it. Black Isle made the game so that you'd meet Drizzt, and think he was really difficult, he was MEANT to be difficult!

Level 15 is the maximum level for Rangers in Shadows Of Amn, so stop complaining that a lev15 ranger is too beefed up! He was meant to be better than that!
    Grrrr on you!

Goph

[ November 14, 2002, 18:07: Message edited by: Gopher ]

14. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Else just kill him in bg1! :D dunno what rat bastard raised him, but it felt good killing him again! *cackles*

arrogant brat, and then sell all of his stuff!! :D
    that way he needs to get all over faerun to find it! *cackles even more*

15. Khazraj Gems: 20/31

Gopher. Why are you angry? It's only an opinion of a "monkey"...

16. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31

Monkey? hmm. Unusual.

17. Dhirngulin Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I don't see why killing drizzt gives you such a thrill...for some reason though i can never make myself do anything immoral in the game which is a bit of a pain...Unless they have something to do with the order or something...

18. Khazraj Gems: 20/31

It's not the Drizzt killing thrill, it's the reaction to such a possibility suggestion that is the real thrill...

19. Dhirngulin Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

well in a way i see your point, i have always hated "lawful" characters in games and so forth although i can never get myself to kill them. I normally have drizzt to be just a funny add-in though now that i see that he is so "lawful" and does so much good maybe i should start thinking about attacking him...

[ November 15, 2002, 18:12: Message edited by: Dhirngulin ]

20. Khazraj Gems: 20/31

Dhirnguilin...a possible convert to the crusade to rid the realms of the evils of drow and drizzts?...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.