1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Possible bugs concerning a romance and a cheat

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Squid, Jul 13, 2001.

1. Squid Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Two things - my romance with Viconia went into the crapper for reasons beyond me. One moment it was progessing fine (she was telling me about he brother, etc.) then the next she was pissed at me because I alegedly wouldn't sleep with her. WUWT? I've intalled the latest patch, so it shouldn't be that. What could it be. I want to get back to where I can get it on with her. (Naturally, I didn't have a save slot far enough before this SNAFU to reload. D'oh!)
    Secondly, I went to try a tangent game with only good characters so I wouldn't have to keep worrying about reputation with the evil NPCs. I tried to level up Aerie and Jaheira using the cheat code cause I had left them behind. It didn't work. Works with every other charater, even mine, but not them. Is it because the experience point cheat doesn't work on duel-class characters? Thanks for any answers. Sorry for the length of the post.

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

That Viconia romance is not bugged - you're getting what you are supposed to get. All romancing NPCs first fall in your hands (should I say your beds), and after that they slap you and complain about headaches (as someone previously said)...

About cheats - what have you used? You've got console with nifty commands.

3. Squid Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Actually, I never got Viconia to bed. As I said, the romance was still developing before it skipped to a jilted story line. And I enabled the cheat mode, then typed in the SetCurrentXP to appropriate level, but nothing happened on the dual class characters. Any other thoughts?

4. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

OK I haven't got an answer for the romance problem but do have some ideas that you can play around with. Basically there are two variables in the game that you could edit. One shows how far the romance dialogue has progressed. Maybe you could set that back to a lower level to replay that part of the romance that seems to have been skiped or blown. Secondly there is a variable that shows what state the romance is in - active, complete, etc. You could try changing the state of that.

The downside of these ideas is that the romance dialogue is normally triggered by the passage of real time and so it might take a long time to see if the changes have had the right affect. Also, there are several different romance variables and manually changing some might get them out of sync and so lead to undesired results (save and keep a 'pre mucking about' game. If you want to experiement though take alook at these links that discuss various variables. Many of them are biased towards Jaheira romances but you just swap the name Jahiera for Viconia.

http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001746.html
    http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/003058.html
    http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/002940.html
    http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/002785.html

[This message has been edited by Slappy (edited July 13, 2001).]

5. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Extremist is 1/4 right. Aerie will behave just as he says, yelling at you and dumping you if you sleep with her. The other three, however, will not. Viconia, as you noticed, will yell at you if you *don't* sleep with her; if you do, she'll continue the relationship (for now, at least). Jaheira will sleep with you, seem happy about it, and apparently keep sleeping with you (she says "Good morning!" to your character after rest screens a lot *laugh*) Anomen will sleep with you, say he loves you, and then never say anything to you again. Typical male *laugh*

Unfortunately, both Aerie and Viconia tend to get their romance dialogues messed up at the "sleep with me" decision point. Like the infamous Jaheira harper stuff, the "wanna get it on?" dialogue is triggered by two different things--the romance timer and an appropriate rest screen--so it sometimes skips that dialogue if you haven't rested and the timer is ready for the next event. I've had this happen to me in both of those romances--the game's solution is to assume you've declined the offer.

Though I'm sure fixing the romance variables would work, a simpler solution, if you have a save from before the woman says you declined her favors, is to reload that, and immediately sleep. That should get you the "Wanna get it on?" dialogue. It has worked for me in both the Aerie and Viconia romances when I encountered this problem.

Hope that helps...

6. Bowie Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

*spoiler filled post*
    Aerie doesn't alway dump you if you sleep with her. In my game I told her things like I saw us settling down together after the adventure was over, and so on. After I slept with her, she had her moment where she threatened to leave and I declared my love for her. She agreed to stay around "because the quest was so important". Of course, as I understood it, our romance was at a standstill, until the exspansion at least.

7. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

I hate to tell you this, but the romance is over once she does that. Dead. Kaput. 3. If you grovel she'll stay in the party instead of running away with all your gear, but unless you have some kind of special patch on there's some way to resurrect a dead romance in ToB, you will never get romance action from her again.

You can notice this either by checking her variables, or by going into the Underdark and sleeping with a drow there. No peep out of her. You're just friends from now on.

sorry...

8. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Incidentally, sleeping with Phaere (the drow) kills your romance with Aerie as well.

9. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

Quite true. You can explain things to the other two women, but not her.

She won't run away with your stuff there, at least.

(By the way, there's another drow in Ust Natha that you can sleep with besides Phaere--the horny woman hanging around in the 'lust chambers'. You can only do it if you have no current romances, though.)

[This message has been edited by tjekanefir (edited July 13, 2001).]

10. nicholi Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] so how to you keep the romance going with aerie so that you can get it farther in ToB?

11. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

When she offers to sleep with you, say "No, we should wait." Then in the morning she says "You must really love me to turn down sex! I love you!"

It's really, really stereotypical, but bear in mind that this girl lives with her uncle and has never even been on a date before...

12. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Heheh, Viconia is just amused of you sleeping with Phaere :p

13. nicholi Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

so if you turn down her offer the romance will continues in ToB right? if thats true do you get to sleep with her w/o her running away?

14. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

Viconia gets mad if you *suggest* sleeping with Phaere ("I'd rather have you,") but not if you do the deed. She assumes it was Phaere's fault, the matriarchal girl. (-:

Nicholi, yeah, if you don't sleep with her when she offers the first time, things will work out for the two of you later on. If you do take her up on it, she leaves you. She's a young and naive thing and you need to take it slow with her (even though she was the one who suggested sex, darnit).

15. saukoon Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I want to have romance wif aerie. So at the 'sleeping' point, what should I do? Answer 'No, we should wait' ?

***EDIT***

Keep the ToB comment in the ToB forum.

[This message has been edited by Darien Noella (edited July 17, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.