1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

F/M/C gaining 1 hp per levelup

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Faragon, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

[​IMG] I'm curious, I'm currently playing a solo halfelven FMC, and whenever he levels, he gains one hp. He has 16 Con. Whith each level no matter wether it's a fighter level, cleric or mage, he always gains 1 hp. I've got 13 levels in each of the three classes and am still below 100 hp.

Is this normal? Or is it a problem due to having multiple mods installed? (I've got Dungeonbegone, ashesofembers, the fixed tripleclass HLA, SP's "SafeEXPcap remover" and the cloak of mirroring mod installed.)

2. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Mages only get 1 HP per level from about level 9 or thereabouts. It's not a bug, it's in the rules.

3. Wiegraf Folles Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

i think what he means is, why isnt he getting 3 per fighter level, 2(?) for cleric level, and 1 per mage level, instead of just 1 HP regardless of the class

4. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Wiegraf has the right end of it. Hence my "Whith each level no matter wether it's a fighter level, cleric or mage, he always gains 1 hp"

5. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I'd guess the fact that one of your classes is a mage is bringing the others down. Never played a f/m/c so I couldn't say for certain but it sounds like this might be the case.

6. Winterine Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I can't remember if I always only got 1 hp/level, but I do recall when I played a FMT I did have a lower HP than I expected in the first few levels. That was a while ago though, and haven't played one since. If I remember correctly though, the HP improved a bit at higher levels. I also think the fact that you're part Mage drags you down a bit.

EDIT: Ah, my skim-reading is gonna kill me one day when the details count... I haven't actually tried FMC, but FMT still has the "mage" part of it...

7. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Each level up will attain the proportionate share attributable to the class. In fact, you are actually benefitting, as you should get the average of 1, 2, and 3 HP (M, C, F) or an average of 2 HP for each level up per 3 classes. You are actually getting 3 HP because the machine defaults so that you cannot get less than 1 HP per level up (whether by single or multi- class).

8. CurtainDog Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I think the final equation is: get the normal hp increase as if you were single classed, then divide by the number of classes rounded down with a minimum gain of one. The exception to this is that if you're part fighter the extra con bonus applies to all level ups, regardless of the class you're leveling in. Note also that the con bonus doesn't factor into hp per level once you stop rolling (this means that thieves and mages can gain more out of their con).

9. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Well, I'm actually posting since CurtainDog seemed unsure. But he has it all right. At the previous levels, you always gained (roll+con bonus)/3, round down, with a minimum of one. Now that you're over the hp rolling levels with your classes (level 9 fighter and cleric, level 10 Mage IIRC) you're getting the fixed addition without con bonus, but still divided by three. So for all classes this gives 1 HP.

You should actually be glad you don't level up in the three classes at the same time, cause then you would only get 2 HP for the three levelups, instead of 3. ;)

10. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Slightly off topic, but even if you only had two classes, you'd still only be getting 1 hp/level. The exception of this might be fighters. In the case of a multi-classed fighter, they might get 2 hp/level up.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.