1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The game is not working :mad:

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Ironbeard, Jul 23, 2001.

1. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

[​IMG] I just bought Throne of Bhaal and reinstalled BG2 (taking 30 mins to do so) to play it, then when I go through the config and try to actually play the game I get some form of fatal exception error in Windows.
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] if its bgMain then you need a new directX,
    what is the error you get?

3. Fergus Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] I got the same sort of thing but rebooted and everything worked fine.
    I took it that the install just needed a reboot afterwards.

4. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

I get blue screen of death, with error message "Windows has suffered a fatal exception error at (some address I can't remember) yadda, yadda, yadda, another big number press any key to ignore, ctrl+alt+delete to return to windows.
    It works on my other machine, but it occaisonaly slows down really badly (wierd considering it's set for specs a lot lower than the machine has). I think it's something to do with the sound, because it works a bit better with the sound off.

5. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

it goes slow on my p3 450, just turn in the config the performance on p133 or something and some sound details off

6. I got the message that I needed to insert the original cd rom (I did not copy it off someone else), but after a reboot it worked fine. Except the fact that it takes forever to start the game up... Any one else had this problem?

7. Fergus Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] That happened me too DragonSlayer21.
    Exactly the same.
    Is everyone killing off their background processes before going into the game.
    I know with the original you had to kill off Norton Antivirus as it conflicted with the game.
    I got the blue screen of death once on my p500 but since killing off all the possible background processes things have been fine.

8. DemoGorgon Guest

[​IMG] Man if your comp cant handle BG you need a new one!

9. I turned off my screensaver and I had no more problems with the game going slow (for some reason the screensaver started when I was playing??)

The game still takes forever to start up though.

10. Draven Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I also had the same problem although I seemed to have fixed it by using the patch - although it is only a beta one it seems to work ok for now despite the number of crashes I seem to be having in BG2

11. DemoGorgon Guest

Good luck man,
    ToB is awesome, i wouldnt want anyone to miss out.

12. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

Hey guys, just to let you know it works, but I find it incredibly hard on the terminally stupid (would you believe the first fight took me three goes, and I still haven't beaten Gromnir!), and I imagin eit gets tougher with all the stupidly powerful stuff you have to juggle at the higher levels. So I'm playing through SOA with my BG1 guy, Bedevere and trying to cap.

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited July 28, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.