1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your Most Creative Character/Party

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Death Rabbit, Jun 5, 2003.

1. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ummm...yeah. Except for the fact that you can DIE.

And ditto what Splunge said. Believe it or not, you're earning your new title with each passing post.

Regardless, I like your Berserker idea. :thumb: Very cool.

2. Bassilus Banned

Immortal and Invincible mean different things.

Also, I find it ironic that I was awarded the Idiot of the Week plaque, when it has grammatical error in it :D

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    *sigh*
    I give up.

4. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Indeed.

Immortal: Not subject to death
    Invincible: Incapable of being overcome or defeated; unconquerable

Oh, look at that...you're still wrong. :heh:

For the purposes of my own personal amusement, could you please do me a favor and continue to insult and egg on the moderators? I revel in the self-destruction of others. This is getting funnier by the minute. :D

Back on topic...

Hey Splunge...do you have a wacky character to contribute to the thread? Any good ideas?

5. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, how about a Ranger dualled to a cleric at level 7 ? (Says Splunge in a pathetic and desperate attempt to get more feedback.) :shake:

But back to your topic, I must sadly admit that I am somewhat lacking in the imagination department when it comes to weird and wacky characters. (Check my occupation in my profile and you'll understand why. :D ) As well, I haven't actually played the game enough that I'm looking to creat these kinds of characters yet. (Newbie status is shining through here. :heh: )

Sorry to disappoint you.

6. Bassilus Banned

Really?

For those who have read the Lord of the Rings:

Elves are immortal, and yet they can be slain.

Oh look, genius boy is wrong! :eek:

How could it be possible???

7. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

And, of course, Lord of the Rings is a book by which all should abide by; it overrides dictionaries, thesauruses, and D&D material.

I would complain about how this thread has turned into bashing, but that's something the mods handle, so I'll just shut up and get back on topic.

Anyways, back on topic. I think my most creative character was a Gnome Wizard Slayer with high strength, dexterity, and minimal wisdom. Hilarious. Especially when you consider that he dual-wielded human-sized longswords. :D

8. Death Rabbit

Media:
    Really?

For those who have read the dictionary:

Immortal: Not subject to death
    Invincible: Incapable of being overcome or defeated; unconquerable

Yes - Oaz covered it quite nicely. Genius boy, huh? I'm not the one with a cute little plaque.

@ Oaz

Yeah - or Halberds - considering the height, he'd only be able to swing them sideways. His nickname could be something like "Anklebane." :D

9. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Ekhm... some immortals can still be killed by cutting their head off or physically destroying the body even though they wouldn't die of age. Some can also die from heart perforation, respiratory system injury etc and some even take damage like normal creatures. Ultimately, certain immortals are only immune to aging or death from aging (and they still age).

Invincible is not be beaten, like it was said above. Not that it's invulnerable or immortal.

Invulnerable - another word to explain. It means that it can't be wounded, like total immunity. Doesn't mean it won't die of age or if you destroy its body.

[ June 12, 2003, 15:44: Message edited by: chevalier ]

10. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I played a clay golem once. (tried adamantine golem but it couldn't pass through doors)
    Boring.

Played a demonic creature, both gender, who spent most of its time summoning pretty much everything available in the game. It was like: fight starts, hordes of demons, nymphs, elementals are summoned in the blink of an eye, fight ends. Talk about powerplay.

11. Death Rabbit

Media:
    Both Oaz and chev have made me realize I've stooped lower than I should, so I'll just grow up a bit and stick to topic. Besides, I've lost interest in the pissing contest.

Back (and staying) on topic...(I promise)

I've always wanted to make a Draconian (think Dragonlance novels) but didn't think there was a suitable Avatar available in BG2. There are some great ones in Torment, though - but I don't really want to mess with those.

One of the coolest Avatars in the game IMO is called "hula wizard" - it's the avatar for "Lavoc" in the planar sphere, but called "hula wizard" by the game's engine. Funny - he doesn't hula. :confused: Always thought that would make a cool custom character, and it doesn't necessarily have to be a normal race. You can't really see its features, so really anything could go with it.

12. Bassilus Banned

Actually, I was going by the DnD definition of the word, since this is Baldur's Gate we're talking here.

I don't see where real idctionaries have a say in fantasy, as they'll tell you that elves don't exist.

And yes, Lord of the Rings does override dnd, considering it spawned the friggin thing.

Oh look, even with backup, genius boy is still wrong! :)

13. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I once took a darkest day kit (the Merchant) through and gave him stats of all 8's. He was called The Camp Salesman.... i think. Used the female voice set and tried to chicken out of every fight. A very strange way to play the game and I didn't last long :D

And another thing, its not my place to say but pleeeeeease stop *****ing at each other

14. Death Rabbit

Media:
    @ Malovae

Sometimes the strangest ways to play the game are the funnest, regardless of success. Which is, precisely the point of my little thread. :D

In a related note, the other thread on creating the "D&D Cartoon Party" is along these same lines, and so creative in fact that I think I may give it a go on my next trip through. Also, if anyone wants to try my 'bearded ladies' party, I'd like to know how you fare with it.

Oh...and one more thing.

@ Abazigal, er I mean Yaga...er, I mean Bassilus...er whatever you change it to next

I've let it go - I would advise you to do the same.

15. Bassilus Banned

Well of course you would. You have no choice but to let it go, otherwise you'd be proven WRONG! :eek:

Oh, wait, I already did that, didn't I? :D

16. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Enough. If you have nothing on-topic to say, do not post.

17. Bassilus Banned

Fine then.

Has anyone ever tried to recreate Mulahey? Half-Orc Cleric?

18. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

So Bassilus, now I am going to tell you some things.

1. PM him if you really wants to bash him, don't destroy this otherwise funny thread.
    2. So do you say that LotR overrides D&D? THen you are wrong! The middle earth is a different world than all the D&D worlds.
    3. Start begging to Tal because you are going to get banned if you don't STFU!

On-Topic:

I think that a vampiric undead hunter is pretty cool.
    -"Die evil undead!!" He screams and stabs himself in the stomach. :p

__________________-
    [EDIT] - Oops. You posted just after I hitted the [reply] button so I didn't see that coming. Sorry BTA!

19. Death Rabbit

Media:
    @ Velve (the artist formerly known as Rutkowski :D

You know, I actually thought of creating an undead hunter based on "Blade." Same portrait and everything. Use SK to give him things like Vampiric Touch, and change his alignment to either CA or CN, which seems to fit better than a LG. A kensai would make a bit more sense, but and Undead Hunter is a bit more literal.

But I like the whole idea of the conflict of a vampiric Undead Hunter feeling compelled to commit suicide all the time! :D Now that's entertainment.

20. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

A suicidal, vampiric Undead Hunter? You guys are sick. ;)

You know, I really like Gnomes. I'd like to create a story where a Gnome goes through some serious, vile trauma, and becomes really bitter. Given how tough gnomes can be (I love my Illusionist / cleric) he could be a one man killing machine, using all the sneaky tricks his race is so good at. He wouldn't be funny, he wouldn't play jokes, he'd just identify his foe and then set up a really complicated plan to kill that foe, preferably with a vicious trap, contraption, or spell.

My illusionist / cleric has a WHACKLOAD of spells!

[ June 13, 2003, 20:48: Message edited by: Lord Keldin Depaara ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.