1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I wanna Mordy's Sword!

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Ecniv Sllew, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Ecniv Sllew Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

After all the time ive spent playing this game the only ever time i got to cast this spell was on a sorcerer. Do any merchants sell a scroll of mordekains sword for lil' edwina to scribe? I've got a vague feeling i mighta seen it being sold in the underdark by the duerger merchant but im not sure and thats a long way away at the moment.

And talking about lvl 7 spells i think i found a pretty cool bug today. I cast a project image and was going through this edwina replica when i saw spell sequencer - which isnt that strange in itself - but when i cast it and chose 3 greater malisons the sequencer was assigned to the special ability menu of my PC ranger/cleric...spooky huh? but anyway its nice to be able to save that sequencer for a rainy day.

[ March 06, 2005, 14:26: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Kulyok Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

It is sold in Saradush for sure.
    Also, you can kill all the Cowled wisards in Athkatla very early in the game, when you use magic without a license. The chances they'll drop the scroll are pretty high.

3. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

Finish the Trademeet quests. You won't get the scroll, but there's an item with similar properties.

4. Minh So Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

It lasts for 4 rounds only, pretty useless I say :mad:

About that bug, you're just lucky, I remember storing 3 bolt of glory in a spell trigger for Viccy, very nice, but usually It makes my game crash (like casting a trigger by a thief, no spell to choose, gota restart)

Another bug I found when trying to trigger : improved invisible + spell immunity + spell immunity. After I chose 2 school to be unaffected, the table ain't disappear, then I can click on the rest, makes me immune to all spell, really cheesy :shake:

5. Kulyok Gems: 11/31

My, that is cheesy !! Great, every day you learn something new ! :D

6. Minh So Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Have you done the Planar Prison quest ? I've just got one Mordy scroll today, along with the others like death spell, chain lightning... I know that I always get these spell, so I suppose the same goes for Mordy

7. Kulyok Gems: 11/31

I have a strong suspicion it was a random drop, I normally only got the first two.

The undead Skeleton Warriors in Temple Ruins dungeon and Windspear hills dungeon have a pretty good chances to drop it, too. My mages almost always get it this way.

8. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I found four:

1) Pickpocket someone in Trademeet (Could be Random)
    2) Shop in Sahuagin City
    3) Underdark large outside area (could be a random tearsure on one of the enemies)
    4) Underdark/Koa-Toan area (could be a random tearsure on one of the enemies)

9. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    It is a random drop. On my first play through the game I had to wait until Saradush before getting my first scroll... shame I know. There seems to be no "fixed" scroll in all of SOA, and I think the only fixed one even in TOB is the mage shop in Saradush.

10. Truper Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

The whole randrom drop thing can be a bit weird sometimes. I just got a Mordy's Sword from one of the guards in the Copper Coronet, doing the first half of the Slaver's quest. Not that I'm complaining, but you do have to wonder what a Copper Coronet guard is doing with such a thing.

11. TheBard Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

the same thing that gibberlings are! staring at it or wiping themselves LOL.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.