1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

DragonLance Mod

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Late-Night Thinker, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Has anyone heard any news of this lately? I think it was called Reign of Istar or something similar. Supposedly was going to be the length of the original BG2 but entirely homemade. They were going to include the cycles of moons and the Knights of Solamnia and all that DL goodness. I haven't heard anything for awhile though...

*Fingers crossed*

2. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Hah, I've never even read a Dragonlance book, much less heard of a DL mod for Baldurs Gate 2. It sounds cool though I guess. Sorry I cant be of any help.

[ February 10, 2004, 07:02: Message edited by: Kovalis Darkfire ]

3. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

4. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

That's pretty neat. But think about all the class changes: white/red/black mage WITH kits! And knights instead of paladins. And I hope they bring back the kender race - then that Tasslehoff kender can be an NPC to strike up conversations with Jan.

One thing they shouldn't implement the Footman's Dragonlance or else dragons will be too easy. Or perhaps power it down.

5. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

If you are interested, visit http://www.dragonlancetc.com. You can see the latest information there and download the demo as well.
    Dragonlance: Glory of Istar is a TC (total conversion) for BG2. Total conversions have own GUI (graphic user interface) as if it were an entire new game. But it needs BGII of course.
    (The full version will most likely be not released before Summer, but this is not official information!)

[ February 10, 2004, 19:50: Message edited by: Baronius ]

6. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

If I recall correctly, dragons in DragonLance are tricked out and brimming with hit dice. The lances are somewhat evened out by this.

7. SimDing0 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Kender are a playable race in DLTC.

And there won't be any dragons in the game (don't be deceived by the name), because of the low-level setting. You start at level 1.

8. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

There are no Orcs or Halflings in Ansalon (the DL world). Gnomes are a very different race.

I believe there are Paladins, but they're very rare.

9. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

There are Orcs read the War of Souls trilogy. Halflings and Kenders are the same thing and the only thing the Gnomes have different are the speech patters and the FR Gnomes use magic alot more that the DL Gnomes.

10. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Do any of the Dragonlance heroes - Tanis, Raistlin, Caramon, etc - show up in the mod as joinable NPCs?

11. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

That would be cool. Especially if it was Tas.

12. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

From what I read, I don't think so. I think that they said there were going to be very few if any famous characters.

13. Klorox

Uh-uh.

1)I've never read War of Souls (I quit after Dragons of Summer Flame, and IMHO, so should have Weis and Hickman), so I can't comment on that book. But I do know that the DL world (up until DoSF) never had any Orcs. Ever.

2)Halflings and Kender are NOT the same. They differ in appearance, in personality, Kender have unique weapons, and Kender are (absolutely) immune to any kind of fear.

3)DL Gnomes never use magic, and they're quite different than any other Gnomes. DL Gnomes are known as "Tinker Gnomes," and they're constantly building wild contraptions that (almost) never work.

14. cadderly Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

ok i tried to post this a second ago but i think it didn't go thru, neways, wut i said wus dont open ure mouth about dragonlance when ure not sure about wut ure talkin about, cuz i know that ure wrong on the part about kender never being scared, cuz i know that at the tower of high socrery in palanthis he was rooted to the spot with fear! and like i said in the previous post, i do not intend to be a jerk or nething, i just like to state my opinions with force, no offense

15. SimDing0 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

That's right. Cameos aren't out of the question, but major DL characters aren't going to be plastered all over the place.

16. Klorox

When Tasselhoff Burrfoot was scared at the Tower of High Sorcery, it was considered one of the only times a Kender has ever known fear, which is what made it so special. Tas felt fear at this Tower, yet had no problem with Dragon-fear, nor had he ever felt feat after that. That just goes to show how immensly powerful the Tower's influence is.

If you had ever played the Dungeons & Dragons game, Immunity to Fear is listed among the special abilities Kender possess.

Please learn how to type the english language. It's difficult to get through your post, and people will take your message much more seriously if you just type the proper way. If you've read any books (obviously you've read some DragonLance novels), you know how to write correctly.

Oh yeah, just stating my opinion, no offense.

17. Zorith Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

has anyone seen a walkthrough for this one yet?

18. SpaceKungFuMan Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

First of all, there are no orcs in Dragonlance. In the annotated chronicles, one of the authors even discusses how one of the tenets of Krynn would be the absence of cliche orcs, hence Draconians were created. There is an orc in Mary Kirchoff's novel about Tas, but that book is neither canon, nor well written. . . And I'm 99.999% positive there are no orcs in the main war of souls books. Where did you find a referenc to orcs? There are plenty of goblins, but then there always were goblins in Krynn.

In terms of Kender, I believe they are immune to normal fear. Dragon fear makes Tas feel "Queasy" or "Uneasy" as does Lord Soth (Krynn's only death knight). And the Shoikan grove technically does nothing more than cast a perpetual "fear" spell, and Tas is almost frightened by the grove on several occasions. Therefore, I think Kender have total immunity to normal fear, and a partial immunity to dragon fear and magical fear. Of course, it should be noted that Tas is a special kender, who is noble, trustworthy, and has actually learned to take a promise seriously!!!

SPOILERS
    Of course after the coming of the Dragon overlords in those horribly written Jean rabe books (I forget the name of the trilogy, but it's the one that starts the fifth age), the Kender who survive the Massacre at Kendermore learn to fear.

Regarding Gnomes, Krynn Gnomes are a seperate race of Gnomes called tinker gnomes. They live in a stratified society made up of guilds, including the guild of animal breeding (I forget the real name) which created the giant space hamster :)

19. Klorox

Thanks for the support, kung fu man (BTW, what style of Kung Fu? Or is it just a user name? I'm a MA myself).

IMHO, anything not written by Weis and Hickman must be taken with a grain of salt (at least) in the DL world.

20. SpaceKungFuMan Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

No prob Klorox. I've read A LOT of dragonlance books, and I just couldn't stand this misinformation being spread. The war of souls trilogy is actually quite decent, and I'd reccomend it to pretty much any DL fan. I really enjoy what they do with Laurelenthasa.

edit: Another prominent mistake in that Kirchoff book is that she makes uncle trapspringer into Tas's ACTUAL UNCLE!!! Totally disgraceful. . .

As for the kung fu, it's just a screen name I use, that comes from a character in Space Channel 5 for the dreamcast. But I am currently studying Tai Chi Chuan in a 1 credit school course.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.