1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: How intriguing is the idea of playing BG2 again?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Sendel'ar, Aug 8, 2004.

1. Mirakel Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I played it a couple of times before someone stole it from me, and I buying it today to continue playing it many many times more. It is a very entertaining game although it is a bit old. It is so many different ways to play the game, and that keeps up my interest for it.

2. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    I've played enough. BG2 was a great game, and I will always be a fan of it, but I've since come to the point where I could name just about every NPC I could meet, recite a Spell's attributes and description, and give a 200 word composition over the potential uses, abilities and history of an item. That I'm learning new things and already forgetting my lessons doesn't help much to enhancing its replayability for me, although I still like to see others play and hear their experiences/offer advice.

EDIT:
    On the topic of mods, I play some but it's just not the same BG2.

[ August 10, 2004, 18:12: Message edited by: Scythesong Immortal ]

3. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Often tempted to play again; often prevented by 1) lack of time, and 2) "arrr, do I have to trudge through chez irenicus/slavers den/firkraags dungeon/etc etc yet again?" Like Wirhe, tho, I'm looking forward to trying out Icewind Gate...

4. RangerFox Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Very much so.
    I am waiting for the final release of the Big Picture mod and the second part of Neverending Journey before I play again though so it may be a few more months before I do.

5. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I've played it enough. Couple two dozen playthroughs with an eidetic memory and the game has pretty much lost appeal (strange, coming from a modder). At this point, I could probably sketch out every map in the game and recite every dialogue from memory. The only reason it's on my hard drive right now is to bug-test mods.

6. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    Lol, different as our perspectives may be we do have our similarities Rastor. ;)
    WB... albeit you have a unique way of disappearing when your opinion is needed the most.

7. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

This game will still be one I pick up every six months to try out new characters mods etc...it never gets boring. Even though I've moved on to NWN now I still find myself going back for more...Icewinds Gate sounds interseting...is this mod worth trying out?

8. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I'm not sure what you mean by this. I did notice that we're about the only two people that made statements along those lines, though.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.