1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Monster Stats

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by LKD, May 9, 2003.

1. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Is there any way to see the stats of the monsters? For instance, I'd like to know how much magic resistance some of these guys have, and what their damage resistances are. I couldn't find a list on SP (though I may be blind) so if anyone could help me with a friendly URL I'd sure appreciate it.

Oh, and please don't tell me to use Shadowkeeper -- I'm not computer savvy enough to download and install it.

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] hmm, some walkthroughs have monster stats.

Perhaps a book off SP might help, or maybe post up the creatures that you are looking for and people will reply with the stats they know.

My only other suggestion is WinBiff and Creature Maker, but that's probably more trouble that SK :heh:

3. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I'd tell you to use Shadowkeeper it is great for finding out what stats and abilities monsters have (You could you it to make your char have psionic powers :p )

4. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Ctrl + Q.

I once embarked on a grandiose project to get the stats for all the monsters, but I sort of got sidetracked.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    There's no such guide or list. It'd be a huge undertaking, which no one bothered to do. And it'd be tricky too, because the majority of characters and monsters have multiple templates in the game files so you can never be sure which one is actually the one you see on screen. CTRL+Q is the only sure way to tell.

6. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I think Infinity Explorer gives you the same information, though I haven't got my copy to hand to check. At least that way you don't have to wait for the monsters to come to you. There are a lot, though.

7. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Does that Ctrl+Q also goes for BG1?

8. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] yeppers :)

9. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Well, Ctrl + Q doesn't work for me -- when I do that, whatever creature I put the cursor over is joined to my group! I get the "who do you want to remove" dialogue with a box with a picture of a shadow displayed. I tried to see what the stats of the Golem in the Umar Hills would be, removed the shadow box, and left. I did the shade lord quest (and also got the mimic's blood), came back, and the golem came up to me and said "it was fun adventuring with you!" and then left. I gave the blood to the Wizard, he did his thing, but the golem was gone, so the game hung on that movie -- weird, eh?

10. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Another thing that gets in the way is innate powers and spells aren't always well represented in SK.

Case in point ... dragons.

If you look at a dragon's wizard spells, you get the same standard selection (Chaos, Fireball, etc.) It doesn't matter which dragon. And anyone who's gone up against the improved Abazigal will know that dragons often use spells and powers that go well beyond these.

I suspect many of the dragon's powers are treated as innates, for which there are blank icons which won't show up in SK.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.