1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

TOB open question

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by kibit, May 27, 2001.

1. kibit Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

So I have played through BG (and expansions) and BG II. It has been my favorite game(s) except Fallout 2, and a great series. I look forward to the conclusion in TOB.

Having said that I have to ask how challenging the new expansion/edition can be. I mean if you finished BGII you have kicked ass on beholders, dragons, mind flayers, demons, devils, etc etc. Not to mention Sarevok and Irenicus (the last could even be considered demigod status by p&p rulebooks). Who are your enemies?

I hope you end up batteling your "brethren" (fellow Bhaal Spawn) who have their own well equpped henchman...who else will give you a run for your money? Hopefully it wont be an army of pit fiends or some such acting like kolbolds.

Black Isle has done a great job with this title (and thank you also to all those who have done unofficial add ons)...so here is to hoping that the last tale is the best!

[This message has been edited by kibit (edited May 27, 2001).]

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I don't know what will be in ToB - I'll skip it probably, my interests are Torn and Arcanum.
    And SW RPG (Slappy, thanx for the link).

Pal, about BGDungeon tavern http://www.bgdungeon.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi
    they've said there it all:
    And you say it's cool?
    Anyway, I was thinking how sudden so much new members here...
    And I was not registered there - that means I'm not one of those who destroyed that forum, no sir!

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited May 27, 2001).]

3. kibit Gems: 1/31

one last post reagrding bgdungeon. both the founder and the moderators were great in response to my account problems. thank you bgdungeon and montecarlo...it was fun!

4. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Oh dear, he managed *three* posts...

*runs for cover before the dragons arrive*

5. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Oh dear. Oh dear. This could mean an invasion of 15,000 Newbies. some making flamewars. :rolleyes: I hope we don't suffer the same faith as the Tavern/whatever.
    But then again they didn't have Taluntain. did they

To kibit: You made a double post. Please read the http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/faq.html#rules

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited May 27, 2001).]

6. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

The question is if we are being stormed by 15000 flamers, then Tal will probably close the registration to protect these boards. Sad, but might be neccessary!

7. Avooch Dar Guest

that is true but think of nit this way :people cannot miss what they do not know.............oh and by the way, the big bloke in tob id=s the demogorgon, i am not sure if he is the boss but he is a very tough character.

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] And is anyone surprised it went to hell? Take kibit there for example. He ignores the rules posted at the registration screen totally. Manages a triple post in his first post.

See what I mean? I wrote the rules SPECIFICALLY for some of these ex-users of BG Dungeon forums, but does it help any? Nah. The ignorants think they're above what any of us petty admins and moderators want to force them to do. But check this out: it doesn't work like that anymore. Starting this week I will only tolerate breaking of rules ONCE. After that, thank your own stupidity and ignorance if I take your posting privileges away.

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited May 27, 2001).]

9. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I am ignorant AND I abide by the rules.

Cool huh.

10. kibit Gems: 1/31

Apologies to all...feeling terrible.

[This message has been edited by kibit (edited May 27, 2001).]

11. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Hit 'em hard Tal, just hit 'em! ;)

12. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] U shall respect his authority!
    why dont u read the rulez? keeps Tal relaxed for sure, I hope we havent got another kasio coming

13. Dauntalus Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Here Taluntain, you can borrow my Hackmaster +12 if you're going to pummel him.

Back to the topic though, I would imagine that the enemies are going to get quite epic. Dozens of beholders at a time, each of which is backed by an avatar of the mother eye. Raging hordes of lesser demons and devils, torn to your presence from the blood war. Holy crusaders out to eliminate the seeds of Bhaal. Civilizations of giants sending out their entire male populace to destroy you.

All things considered, it will probably be a lot like BG1 and BG2. Tons of fighting and seemingly endless super powered enemies.

Heck , as I figure it, the child of Bhaal has pretty much killed every powerful opponent anywhere near Baulders Gate and Athlatka. Now its time to clean up the 437th layer of the abyss. Hope you brought you monster waders.

14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I've cleaned up your mess kibit... Just stick to the rules in the future and you'll be fine.

15. kibit Gems: 1/31

thank you...no offense was ever meant

16. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] I was a veteran over at BG DUngeon Forums.

The thing we must remember is that it wasn't a place with 15,000 newbies. It had plenty of veteran posters, many of which I'm sure post or have posted here. With so many members there naturally had to be a fair number of spammers or otherwise childish posters.

I could name a few "bad posters" who are still active on other boards but some may have "grown up" since then, so naming them wouldn't be fair.

The lesson learned from the collapse of BGDungeon forums is that the moderators must be ready to take hard and immediate action to keep the forum good. Posters will be offended sometimes and try to insult the moderators.

Good moderators have thick skins and do not let such insults get to them for they know they have silent (and sometimes not so silent) support of the great majority of posters.

So to you mods: Keep up the good work! You'll always have my support! :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.