1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

who here actually solos WITHOUT mods?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by the assassin, Jul 4, 2003.

1. the assassin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

how many people actually solo without any mods (i.e. remove experience level cap)? Cause if youre restricted to lower levels, itd be more challenging......any comments (was it hard, who did you use, etc.) from the honest players?

2. TheBard Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

just something I've discovered here.

almost noone will admit to cheating here when you ask them to be "honest"... LOL Everytime I've seen someone ask a question like "who cheats?" or "how do you play"... there are NONE of the hundreds of people here posting on how they tweak themselves or jump ahead in the plot with mods....

so basically all you're going to get with this question is everyone saying they ALWAYS solo w/o mods because they're tough people who "don't need no stinkie mod'es" LOL

of course, now that I've posted this, we'll probably flood this thread with alot of "I modded myself the first time but..... " or "I tried it once and..." and my favorite "I only used A, B, and F, but never G-Z! THAT'S CHEATING!"

*awaits the flames* :evil:

3. Mr Writer Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Well believe what you will about me but the only ever mod I have put on my BG2 is The Darkest Day when it first came out as it was like the first mod avalible and everyone was really exited about it.

Urgh :/

After that I left the community for a good long while and now I have come back I haven't seen a need to add anything other than the official patch to my game.

Solo wise, ages ago I did a solo wizard, then a solo fighter with stats 6 3 3 3 3 3. And a few others which didnt make it to the end :p . Now I have started a solo campaign with a Jester (Bard class) as I find pure BG2 quite easy now, even with the most un solo friendly class (And I have rubbish stats as well not all 18's) I find it slightly more challenging but not that hard. So after this I will probably start to look at mods which increase the difficulty of the game and such.

You can read about my solo Jester as I update it here, http://www.sorcerers.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=000299

Believe it or not having the most powerful character out and gibbing every enemy with my little finger doesnt appeal to me.

As I remember it "Back in the day" there used to be a pretty even split between Role Players and Powergamers I wonder if its still the same?

4. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Well about no one using mods that Masterpoet said. I have never used mods, but I'm not just saying this because I'm to good to use mods or what ever. My computer is just to darn slow to download them. I would love to try some of them, and if it weren't for my computer I would.

5. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    @ the assassin + Masterpoet
    I've never played (solo or otherwise) with mods either. However, from what I understand by reading other peoples' comments on mods in other threads, most mods actually make the game harder, not easier; and the rest are often more for convenience purposes rather than to actually make the game easier (after all, there is an easy setting in the standard game if that's what you want). My point is that mods do not necessarily equate to cheating. Now if we're talking just about the level cap remover, that's a different matter, but based on the topic heading, this seems to be a more general discussion.

[ July 04, 2003, 16:51: Message edited by: Splunge ]

6. piratebbbb Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'm attempting to solo with a monk, but I'm stuck at the throne of bhaal

7. Vamp FlashRam Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

when I play sp, it's always solo. I find that the elven f/m/t is by far the strongest adventuring class solo, especially when considering BG1-ToB.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.