1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New KITS!

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Baronius, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
  2. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

I agree with Aldeth.
    The Hordebreaker looks like an improved Barbarian. Bonus strength, better weapon skills, bonus THAC0.

The Peerless Archer with (eventually) a basic +14 bonus to damage seems a bit over the top. Not to mention the THAC0 bonus...

Also some "disadvantages" should be listed as prerequisites instead. These include stats and race.

[ August 06, 2004, 23:21: Message edited by: Earl Grey ]

3. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Yes, the author is aware of the 'disadvantages' problem. In fact, some of those are advantages since they don't take from the points that can be allocated.

[ August 06, 2004, 23:30: Message edited by: Baronius ]

4. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

I tried the Peerless Archer and noticed the following problems:
    - Possible to get Grand Mastery (five proficiency slots) in Quarterstaff.
    - The THAC0 bonus for levels (1, 4, 7 etc) do not show up. I don't know about the damage bonus for levels, but I don't think they showed up either.

[ August 06, 2004, 23:33: Message edited by: Earl Grey ]

5. Baronius

Thanks for the bug report! They will be fixed to the next version.

6. Yirimyah Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Its not like normal archers are weak.... I'd prefer a mod weakening them

7. Sendel'ar Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

In fact, I thought that in Baldur's Gate 2 archers were useless. They did some 6-8 damage, and mages could do a lot more than them, so I thought they could be very useful.

The ranger can have 3 stars in dual-wield.

[ August 07, 2004, 14:14: Message edited by: Sendel'ar ]

8. Baronius

I agree.

9. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

Ah yes, forgot about the third star for dual-wielding. Four pips and beyond for dual-wield and three stars and beyond for the other weapon styles add no bonuses.

10. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Don't you mean compatible with mods that don't add too many warrior kits? The max that can be added to the game (seemlessly) is 6 per class, after all.

11. Sendel'ar Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

It should be compatible with all mods out there. Even those that add more than 6 kits, since my good friend igi wrote a nice proggy that 'lifts' the new kits to the first positions (after the old ones). ;)

12. Mayfairy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Whoa! This kitpack seems really good.

How about a rogue who has specialized robbing mages and thus gained a little spell casting ability? ...Duh! I forgot bards. They're pretty much what I just described.

A fighter with emphasis on defense. Defensive maneuvers and shield block to increase AC even more at a cost of weapon proficiensies.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.