1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New KITS!

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Baronius, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

The Warrior KitPack has been released!

Author: Windwalker, Black Wyrm modders
    Compatible with: BGII Shadows of Amn, Throne of Bhaal, BG1Tutu
    Website: http://www.blackwyrmlair.net/Mods/warriorkitpack.php

This mod contains 7 completely new kits for warriors, converted from popular prestige classes found in original 3e Dungeons and Dragons books to 2e Baldur's Gate II!

This mod includes the following kits:

Fighter Kits:
    • Hordebreaker
    • Peerless Archer
    Ranger Kits:
    • Wild Scout
    • Forest Guardian
    Paladin Kits:
    • Templar Knight
    • Hospitaller Knight
    • Heraldric Knight
    The mod is fully compatible with Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of amn and the official add-on, Throne of Bhaal, and should be compatible with all mods out there, even BG1:Tutu!

2. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Way Cool!
    /me clickerdyclickers on the link
    :borg:

3. Duryn Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

The Wild Scout seems pretty focused, I must say, and I want to try it...But with that Minimum Roll for those three abilities, It is going to make gettting good rolls alot easier...which is why it should not be a disadvantage...to me at least...

4. Baronius

I hope you'll like it.

5. GI Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Cool, any chance for a Rogue kitpack? :)

6. Baronius

Yes of course. If you have idea or more, feel free to post them here or preferably at the KitPack's forum in a new topic (see KitPack's website)

7. GI Gems: 5/31

No thanks, if I had any idea, I would have done it my self :p

8. Baronius

Excellent. It's good to see that the number of people having the skill to create kits is increasing.

9. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Ahh, the Forest guardian sounds promising, the closest thing we will ever get to a Ranger/Druid in 2E ;)

10. Baronius

Thanks Daephon.
    Yeah, I also like those kits, not tried them yet in the game though. Anyway I plan to play these games again, probably in the summer of 2005...

11. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG]
    I have an idea for a thief kit - an since I know my way around SP a bit better than other gaming forums, I'll just post it here.

This thief class character is thought as an offensive thief - a bit like the classic Assassin - but he focuses his skills on skill an stealth rather than pure damage:

HANDMAN

The HENCHMAN has spent most of his life in the higher ends of society, serving as a deathly tool in the endless feuds of rivaling families and organisations. He has honed his skills in the ways of silent murder to perfection, but his life as a hired blade in the upper classes has left the more "adventuring" skills of his trade somewhat lacking.

Advantages:
    +1 to to hit and damage.
    Gains a +6 THAC0 bonus instead of the usual +4 when attacking from the shadows.
    Can cast Invisibility as an innate ability once/day for every five levels.
    Improved movement rate.

Disadvantages:
    Only 20 points to distribute per level.
    Minimum CHA score of 15.
    Cannot use ranged weapons.

I don't think this character is overpowered since I haven't given him any skills, you can't obtain from various items - except the THAC0 bonus when coming out of the shadows.

I see him using the Blade of Roses +3 and maybe the Stiletto of Demarchness in the early parts of the game and later on, well...? I can't see him wearing the Shadow Scales - they are too adventurish - but maybe the Night's Gift +5 early on and Studded Leather of Thorns later on.

I'm not sure about the name, though... I thought about DUSKBLADE, but I want to emphasize that he is a hired blade. Any suggestions?

I'm sorry to say that I - unlike a groving number of people - don't know how to create kits, so I'm going to need somebody to do it :o

12. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

What's the advantage of 3 points in 2-handed style? (Hordebreaker) The normal game only goes up to 2.

13. GI Gems: 5/31

AFAIK that can't be implemented.

14. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31

@GI
    Quite possible. Like I said, I don't know the program/system. Would have been nice, though...

15. Baronius

Sorry people, I'm not the author of the mod, who currently is on vacation. I am sure he'll answer your questions when he is back.

16. Sendel'ar Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

First of all, I would like to thank anybody who has something nice to say about this mod from the bottoms of my heart.

This sounds a very nice and promising kit. I would definitely like to make another kit mod about rogues (thieves and bards) when I have enough ideas. I invite anybody wanting to contribute and earn a place in the credits to come to the mod's forum and post his opinion.

Yes, I also think that this cannot be implemented. What can be implemented though is a larger backstab modifier.

Isn't it obvious? 3 points are greater specilisation than 2, therefore the hordebreaker can work better in 2-handed,

17. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

For weapon styles (dual-wield, single weapon, two-handed weapon, or sword & shield), three to five stars have no effect beyond what two stars provide.

18. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31

@Sendel'ar
    Are you refering to the Mod Reviews forum on SP?
    I checked it out and as far as I could tell, there wasn't an active thread about the WarriorKit-Pack - or a possible RougueKit-Pack for that matter. Only authorized users can make new threads in the Mod Review forum.
    If there's a thread on the Rougue or Warrior Pack (on SP or some other gaming forum), please send a link, because I honestly don't know where to post comments/ideas :confused:

19. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I've played through the Warrior Kit pack. I can certainly do a review if you wish.

The short of it is this. The rangers (wild scount and forest guaradian) are very playable characters.

The paladins are good as well, but I admit that the more interesting ones to play are the ones that are closer to clerics (Hospitaller Knight and Heraldric Knight). They're still better fighters than straight clerics (even the Heraldric) and yet they get some additional special abilities that make them good enough to serve the roll of a backup cleric (or your only cleric, if you're hardcore like me and NEVER take more than one cleric).

Unfortunatley, the fighter kits didn't do too much for me. The Peerless Archer is basically an improved archer, and way overpowered. The Hoardebreaker is basically a glorified barbarian/beserker.

20. Baronius

Aldeth, we would gladly see a review. For players, it shows an objective view of the mod while for us modders, it helps a lot how to improve the mod or what to implement or change on the upcoming mods.

Victor Eremita: link sent to you. Although you can also find the kitpack forum link on the window on the right of the Kit Pack's homepage (see the header of my initial post)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.