1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Recharging

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Ghengis Khan, Apr 8, 2002.

1. Ghengis Khan Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

(This is probably a stupid question but anyway) how can you, or is it possible to recharge rods/wands such as the rod of ressurection, and by that I mean getting the charges back up to 10.

2. Sebastos Gems: 1/31

Certain items have limited number of uses (such as rode of ressurection). Once they are used up that's it. The items that can be recharged (Ring of Ram), recharge while you sleep.

3. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You can recharge wands by selling them and buying them back, might be alittle expensive though. IIRC you get them back with 50 charges or something like that.

[This message has been edited by joacqin (edited April 08, 2002).]

4. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

[​IMG] And I think this also works for a greenstone amulet :grin:

5. ArchAngel Guest

Rod of ressurection got back to 10 if I remember my games correctly.

All charged items gets restored if you sell and buy. Never seen anything else.

[This message has been edited by ArchAngel (edited April 08, 2002).]

6. yappie! Guest

I always wondered how that happened?
    How can a shopkeeper just increase charges in a powerful magic item?

7. Desu Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

How can a shopkeeper buy 60 Elven Chain Mails from you for a total price of 1.000.000 Gold Coins.
    Shops & Reputation DONT MAKE SENSE! Its a game :)

8. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I want to know how they stay in business when I'm the only one who seems to be buying or selling anything?

The shopkeeper with all the chainmails is secretly building an army. He told me so when I sold him a truckload of weapons the other day. :lol:

As far as charging items go I think they are all put back to their original state when sold and bought back.

9. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] Brought back to their initial state? Well you don't say, Viking. Isn't that the idea of recharging? :1eye:

Anyway, now that we are free-Kasio-ing" over the BG games.

Why doesn't anyone attack the shops? Especially the fence down in the sours. Sure he has his wares stuffed up somewhere special, but all you got to do is ask to see his wares and he gladly takes you to his "secret lair"?

Now we are at it. Why can't evil character kill and take all the shops items? That would give the evil characters a little edge, and test the real roleplaying aspects of those "Lawfull/neutral/chaotic Goodies". Are they only playing Good because it pays off? Or are they really the Paladins and knights of roleplaying they always claim they are. This nice kill and rip feature would sure get all those wannabe moralist goodies out of the closet and whack someone good..... Including me. The real roleplayers of CRPG wouldn't bother.

[This message has been edited by ArchAngel (edited April 12, 2002).]

10. Ghengis Khan Gems: 1/31

Must be a bug in my game because I went to sell the staff of air Ive been carrying around and saw that it was worth about 200000 squid. Checked its special abilities and saw that once a day it can cast 1 air elemental and about 10000 stinking clouds!

11. Desu Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Rofl.

Bugs. I love bugs.

Never had that one before tho ;)

12. yappie! Guest

Bugs..gotta love 'em.

13. Israfel Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

In BG1 it happened to me to sell a Fireball Wand for 3.000.000 GP. I cursed the game a hundred times, because I went through a week of devilish temptations to keep that unlawfully-gained money...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.