1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The planetar?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by TIN_MAN, Jul 31, 2001.

1. Pyrion Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I'd have to say "neither", which would basically be akin to asexual reproduction, but that's a can of worms I really do NOT want to open. ;)

2. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

It's fascinating to watch people try to apply logic to a fantasy game. The gender of spirits?
    As far as the Solar, I always thought that the character was female based on the portrait and the voice. So I can see where Shadow Thief was coming from.

3. Seid Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Well still Solars are not male or female just because they look that way.

4. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I didn't say they were. I was merely pointing out how it appears.

However, in one of your previous posts, you point out that the Fallen Solar is female.

So, do Solars get a gender when they fall?

[This message has been edited by Jack Funk (edited August 03, 2001).]

5. shadow_thief Guest

Oh well, elves and halflings think that the sun is a female(Fellowship fo the ring).

6. Seid Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

That's what Shadowkeeper says about hte Fallen Solar. I don't know why. But what about Devas? Are they female?

7. shadow_thief Guest

Yea, Deva's are girls.

8. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

and Planetars are MEN!!

hehe.. a bit sexist there... to tell the truth, ive never summoned a Deva... Planetars are way better... and i'm not really a sexist

9. LonnieTheLazy Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

they all sound like girls to me, Deva's and Planetars have saved me so many times it dizzy's me to count

10. shadow_thief Guest

Yea. Spirits are girls when they look like girls, not what SK says what gender they are. In this case, devas, planetars and solars are all girls cuz they look like them!

11. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31

so back to the topic... or a sub topic..

which is better.. a mage being able to summon only one planetar or a druid/cleric able to summon 3-5 elementals/elemental princes?

12. shadow_thief Guest

Well...considering my experience with both, I would say that sommoning 3-5 elementals is better than sommoning just 1 planetar.

13. Tyresian Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Summoning a planetar is better. The planetar has massive amounts of spells and can kill the elementals in one hit. Plus the planetar has a better AI it seems from my experience and can last longer since it heals itself. Now if you could summon 3-5 elemental princes instead of just 1...

Oh and shadow thief, just because something looks like something doesn't mean anything.

...crossdressers... ;)

[This message has been edited by Tyresian (edited August 07, 2001).]

14. shadow_thief Guest

Tyresian...I haven't met any crossdressers in my life so that's kinda hard for me to tell...plus I live in an atmosphere where all the girls go 'eww...gross' when they see the pant line the guys pull it down to.

15. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31

i agree.. for one.. the Planetar is pretty hard to injure... just try killing the Fallen Planetar.. then count the fact that the Planetar can heal you.. PLUS your party... and also see invisible creatures (think Sendai)...

16. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

O.K. then. What about the elemental princes?
    What stats do they have? What can they do???????? :confused:

17. Mirkwood Guest

Deva
    Has pretty much the same stats as a Planetar but nowhere near the number of spells. Weilds a Mace of Disruption +2, so I guess would be good against undead. The Fallen Deva is identical except it has 3 castings of Cure Critical Wounds and Globe of Blades (dunno why?).

STR 19
    DEX 19
    CON 14
    INT 16
    WIS 16
    CHA 20

HP 110
    AC -7
    THAC0 -1
    Attacks 2

Saves:
    3/5/4/4/6

Resistances:
    Cold 100
    Electricity 100
    Fire 100
    Crushing/Piercing/Slashing/Missile 10
    Magic 70
    Magic Fire 50
    Magic Cold 100

Spell Book:
    1 Chaos
    3 Remove Fear
    3 Cure Disease
    3 Dispel Magic
    3 Remove Curse
    3 Neutralize Poison
    1 Cure Critical Wounds
    1 Globe of Blades

Chan : Air Elemental Prince
    When summoned has a Globe of Blades up.

STR 19
    DEX 18
    CON 18
    INT 18
    WIS 18
    CHA 18

HP 180
    AC -10
    THAC0 -1
    Attacks 3

Saves:
    3/5/4/4/6

Resistances:
    Cold 70
    Electricity 100
    Acid 40
    Magic 85
    Magic Cold 70

Spell Book:
    2 Whirlwind

Sunnis : Earth Elemental Prince
    A massive tank!!!

STR 24
    DEX 18
    CON 18
    INT 18
    WIS 18
    CHA 18

HP 230
    AC -11
    THAC0 -4
    Attacks 3

Saves:
    3/5/4/4/6

Resistances:
    Fire 75
    Cold 40
    Acid 40
    Magic 70
    Magic Fire 75
    Magic Cold 40

Spell Book:
    2 Earthquake

Zaaman Rul : Fire Elemental Prince
    When summoned has a Fireshield up.

STR 19
    DEX 18
    CON 18
    INT 18
    WIS 18
    CHA 18

HP 160
    AC -7
    THAC0 -1
    Attacks 2

Saves:
    3/5/4/4/6

Resistances:
    Fire 125 (fire attacks will heal him)
    Magic 60
    Magic Fire 125

Spell Book:
    2 Flame Strike

18. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

[​IMG] In the 3rd ed. Monster Manual it says that Celestials (Including archons, seraphims, devas, planetars and solars) are extraplanar biblical angels. forces of good whereever they go. Like they are good anti-demon or -devils. They have differing alignments depnding on their type:
    ARCHONS: Lawful Good
    ELADRINS: Neutral Good
    Theres a third type that i cant remeber the name of that are Chaotic Good
    All the greater Celestials (Planetars, Solars and Devas) are any type of Good.
    Thay are NOT spirits of planets or solar systems.

Got a wrong celestial in there its Eladrin instead of Seraphims, Ok.

[This message has been edited by Firestorm (edited August 10, 2001).]

19. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

way off the topic:

Oh and there's only one solar system :) sol=our sun.

20. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Hey TIN_MAN,
    August 10th is just around the corner. So are you on a mission to get ToB as soon as it comes out (in Hungary peeps don't have a cow, read above ^) or what. Be sure to tell us who's in your party and all that good stuff.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.