1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Can I Leave Imoen Behind?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Aslyn, Jun 28, 2005.

1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Nalia is level 4 thief with 17 intelligence and Imoen is level 7 thief. Imoen is the better of the two as Nalia will need more potions of perceptions/thievery to get her skills up high enough to deal with traps and things.

TBH, I got pretty sick of listening to Imoen in BG2. Since people are babbling on about 'don't leave her cause she's your sister', try this little story on for size: After her incarceration in Spellhold, Imoen's innocence was taken (re: Cowlie 1 says, "She's a cute one, isn't she?" Cowlie 2 says, "I'll have to try some enchantment spells on that one." Form your own theory.) and her mind snapped from the barage of tests Irenicus put her through. :nuts: Upon rejoining the PC in the maze, Imoen loses her few remaining marbles and attacks the two golems. If she lives through that suicidal run, she discovers an undisarmable trap in the nearby hallway. She sets it off and gets squished - permanently.

Take her once through to get the dialogue and whatnots, then ditch her butt for your other runs.

2. KrowKnight Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

i wouldnt kill her i think shes cool

3. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

:rolleyes: Take it to that 2,000-post-long thread at Spellhold Studios.

It's not like the alternatives are so much more powerful, or more entertaining. (Edwin's rude comments are really grating, and the humor of the Nether Scroll quest wears off after a couple of game days.) *sigh* I think some people are biased irrationally against Imoen because they think she's "forced" on you in both Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II.

4. Koki Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

What thread? Care to link?

About Imoen... I remember I absolutely LOATHED her in whole saga... why? Localised version. Her voice acting was so terrible I couldn't stand it. Well, whole translation sucked, to be precise, but Imoen was like (rotten)cherry on top. She wasn't much better in BG, either. I just let her there to rot.
    Then I got the original(english), an I was, like "Holy ****, she's cute!" and all. I was going solo at the time and I really had problems with leaving her. Of course I did it in the end, sorry girl but experience is *mine* ;)

5. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

If you count only the games original NPCs, Jan beats the heck out of every thief (and mages exept edwin). He gains levels in both classes and has items that improves his thieving skills alot.

6. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Uh it is a problem for me as well, I now have a fairly high lvl party, lvl 15 fighters and my PC is lvl14 cleric dualled into a mage level of 13. Call me a powergamer but I have my own reasons. Now, when I get her what will her level be? I do NOT want to leave her behind BUT if she is too weak what should I do?

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31

@western paladin - Oh really? I do think Imoen is forced on the party. Listen to her dialogues with the PC and NPCs and her speeches in Chateau Irenicus. Talk to Galen Bayle. The writers/programmers even made her a latent Bhaalspawn, going so far as to give her minor powers to back it up. Rescuing Imoen is part and parcile of the game's plot. The 'good' answers are linked with her rescue and the 'evil' answers are linked to finding Irenicus. Listen to the posters in the forum. They're getting pissy because someone wants to ditch Imoen and harping on Felinoid and me for killing her. At least I came up with a reasonable plot device to back up my ideas. Getting sick of Edwin? Take Jan or Nalia or Aerie or create your preferred PC. Better still, make a multiplayer game and cut out all the banters. And, yes, a link would be nice for those of us who don't read FW/Spellhold Studios.

8. Truper Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

The story really requires an Imoen rescue as far as I'm concerned. In fact, I found I can't play evil in BG2. It was so depressing telling Immy to find her own way out of Spellhold that I abandoned my only attempt at at evil party not long after i did it - even though I was looking forward to finding out what Viconia would have to say in Ust Natha...

9. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I don't know I like Imoen, I think she's a great NPC afterall she's there since the very begenning of the saga. But it's true that the story force us to keep her, I never really realize it.

In BG1 she wasn't require at all if I recall.
    As a side note: For the first time ever I'm playing a game without Minsc... I miss Boo.

10. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Imoen and Boo have a lot in common: they both squeak. ;)

11. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Imoen is rather cute! Did you ever try her romance mod? If you are in that sort of thing ofcourse... :D

12. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    @Silverstar: if you mean the one with all the cutscenes, dreams and cusswords yes and I didn't like it. Though the idea of an impossible love between Imoen and Charname is quite interesting (that's what I have in mind when I keep her in my party, Charname always had a soft spot for her ever since BG1 but never told her anything and when he learns that she is his sister he has to re-examine his feelings for her).

Boo is cute AND fuzzy! :p

13. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

@ Silverstar

Yea, so it's kinda pity that the mod isn't very high quality. What do you mean by "that sort of thing?" We all know she isn't related by blood... too much, at least. ;)

Nalia is just a snob, by the way, so she will be a PITA for the rest of the game if you take her.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.