1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Nasty things done to NPCs. Admit them! (spoilers)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Khazraj, Dec 2, 2002.

1. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

[​IMG] Possible spoilers.

Ok. Time for some serious soul searching admissions. This is to include only NPCs that can join the party.

What is the nastiest things that you ever did to joinable NPCs?

Jaheira. Left her in Irenicus Dungeon.

Minsc. Left him in Irenicus Dungeon. (Couldn't he just break out? Idiot!)

Imoen. Left her in Bodhi's maze.

Yoshimo. Told him to [bleep] off and let him die from the geas.

Aerie. Took her to the Underdark and ditched her there after massacring the whole of Ust Natha. Left her with the bracers of fumbling and ring of folly.

Anomen. Made him fail his knighthood, by killing Saerk and family, then backstabbed him in front of the Radiant Heart joint.

Korgan. Ignored him.

Edwin. Left him as a girl.

Nalia. Got paid for helping her, then gave her a gift called bracers of fumbling and ring of folly, leaving her standing at the drawbridge in front of her keep.

Keldorn. Made him kill his own wife for cheating, then killed him leaving the body in his lounge room.

Viconia. Ignored her. And she burns.

Jan. Made him go to jail.

Valygar. Used his corpse to loot his planar sphere.

Mazzy. Made her angry in the Pocket Plane and then chopped her up. Snobby cow.

Haer Dalis. Left him in the Planar Prison. Never rescued him.

Sarevok. Killed him. Three times. BG1, wraith version, pocket plane version.

Cernd. Poisoned the grove while he was in party, then smashed him.

Your admissions?

2. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Well there was this one time when korgan asked aerie into a derelicts house in the bridge district, next moment korgan came out alone, I wanted to ask but then he began waving his axe menacingly towards me so I let it drop. Never seen aerie after that :o

3. Syrel Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] nastiest thing i've done is that when i got mazzy she got killed like right off in the first fight so i kicked her out of the party (while she was still dead :p )
    I also left some npc (don't remember who) petrified in the middle of some forest in the first BG

4. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Backstabbed Anomen at the Copper Coronet. Look at those bits fly!
    (81 damage!) :)

5. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

After Minsc got Dominated for the thousand time, by mind flayers, I patiently, very patiently, waited for the effect to subside...then stripped all equipment from him...Those mind flayers got a feast that day.

Of course; I reloaded after that, feeling somewhat relieved.

6. Faded Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] Haer'dalis started hitting on Aerie while my char was romancing her, so I removed his armor and all of his spells, and sent him off alone to fight some nasty monster while the others watched from a safe distance. (The monster was Firkraag I think). It was an accident - honest! The man should've taken better care of his equipment...

I also did the exact same thing to Khalid in BG1. His voice was simply getting too annoying (scream, scream, nag, nag)... Anyway; Khalid ended up screaming his way into the history books, forever being remembered as the most annoying 'hero' ever... (He fought 'valiantly', but a dreadful kobold (*shiver*) got him in the end).

But to blame *me* for all this, that's just not fair! ;)

7. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] I was getting annoyed with Anomen and decided to get some payback. I moved him a distance from my party and cast protection from Evil 15' Radius. I then brought him back and gated the Cacofiend.

Then I just sat back and watched the body parts fly.

[ December 02, 2002, 22:12: Message edited by: Blackhawk ]

8. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

I did something similar to that, only for me I was tired of Aerie whining, Jaheira suffering from that curse, Haer'Dalis calling me 'raven,' that luckily I was a cleric, so cast Prot. from Evil on myself and gated, not summoned, a Pit Fiend.

Isn't it weird when something monstrous like a fire giant can blow up into those little parts, and so few of them, too?

[ December 02, 2002, 19:58: Message edited by: Tarol'azh ]

9. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Usually, whenever i boot someone from the group, I make sure they don't tell anyone our secrets, and kill them. They don't talk much after that, heh heh heh...

10. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I got Aerie pregnant and then kicked her out of the party.

I left Yoshimo's heart in the city sewers.

And finally, after Valygar acidently died, instead of res.ing him, I took his corpse to the Wizzard in the Council of the 6 building. :rolling:

11. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Tried to kill Imoen off while still in Irenicus Dungeon. Darn... she leaves on her own and doesn't die.

Played a low reputation party and talked to Jaheira outside the Harper Base. She was angry and attacked me first, so I cut her up. And SAVED.

Told Anomen in the Copper Coronet that I was there to partake in the entertainment. He left permanently.

Korgan and Nalia: Let them join and don't do their quest until they left.

Didn't save Jaheira from Ployer's curse so she could die a slow painful death.

12. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Even my Evil characters don't do mean stuff like this! :eek:

Apart from the time that Edwin and minsc faught and I wanted to keep Eddy, I got him back in the party and he cast Melfs' acid arrow at minsc - entered the coronet where Minsc went and he attacked! It was PURELY self defense!

13. Enthasius Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Aw, other NPC's arent allowed....oh well, here it is anyway.

Theres that girl who's soul had been taken by a lich, because her hather refused to let the lich take his after an agreement.

Anyway, I got her soul back....and then backstabbed her when she was still drained, no reason, I just felt like it.

Well, in terms of regular NPC's. I once got so p****d off with Minsc getting charmed/dominated even though the caster was dead, I just fought him to the death whilst he was charmed.

Yoshimo kept running from his archery points even though the enemies were a clear three character widths away, and fighting someone else, and removing himself from combat, so I used him as a trap battering ram for his impertinance :evil: .

Anomen, the bloody coward that he is, continuously ran from combat, for no reason. He was well protected from spells, and a small reduction of his HP made him scurry off, so I used to shoot him down as he ran.

[ December 03, 2002, 00:35: Message edited by: Enthasius ]

14. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

With my most über being so far, a very powerful sorceror, I was usually very safe from about all of the spell effects and fighters. There were times when because of a bug (it really was a bug, removed in the upgrading of the game version or system drivers or such), AI -problem or weakness to enemy spells my party members either blocked my way to a good spot, moved too close to the enemy for area spells, or were turned against me. A few times when I had to load all too many times, I would pour a bit more magic to the field than was needed and accidentally include the area where a couple of those team-members were standing at the time. A timestop combined with the improved alactricity while wearing the Robe of Vecna and the Amulet of Power results in too many hundreds of hitpoints of damage through a variety of very high level spells for anyone to take it. Thanks to the core rules, there was a whole lot of meat, scorched bodies and ash flying around when the timestop ended. Of course I loaded afterwards.
    Sometimes I do need to kill a party member because there's no other way to get the stupid dominion off. Luckily I have resurrect. Unfortunately sometimes the damage was too great for it to help much. Again, loading was needed.

Other than this, I really can't believe the evil some of you have done. It's because I always play characters that care for their companions. Even my Lawful Evil fighter/mage still would never have even thought of going against Imoen.

Now, if we were to talk about Fallout..? There I'd have some stuff to tell indeed. :)

15. Khazraj Gems: 20/31

Ethanasius,

you started it so... what the heck. I had originally wanted to hear what people did to their party members more than anything.... but let's find out some more.

I got really pissed off at the way that the jokers from the "namby pamby radiant b**thole" would turn against me whenever their stupid Harbinger +3 sword would make a fireball and they would blame it on me...

so I visited Prelate Wesselan (?spelling) and backstabbed a poisoned x7 assassin's backstab for 142 damage and the poison worked. Too bad the Prelate only had 144 hp...

I hid and snuck out of there and enjoyed my sweet revenge...

mwahahahahaha :evil:

16. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I failed anomen's quest intentionally and went and got keldorn. After much deliberation, keldorn cut him to bits with casomyr. I then went to keldorns house, gave him leather armour and lilacor, took my gauntlets of dex. off him and made him kill his wife.

Left Aerie as an ugly ogre.

Let Viccy burn.

Said I didnt know who the hell Jan was.

Told Xzar to f**k himself.

Left Jaheria, Yoshi and Minsc in Irenicus dungeon.

Saved Haer Dalis then gated him for calling me his raven, when he was cleary my drow's *****!!

Killed Saemon Haverain. THAT WAS EXHILARATING!!!!

Got Nalia killed by bandits. Serve the poor there, b!tch!

Left Eddy feminine in the bridge district, completely naked.

Left Cernd in jail.

Let Valygar die against his great grand daddy.

Never spoke to imoen when i could avoid it (such as in bodhi's maze).

Killed Neeber with a rock.

Gave kids swords and beer, then killed them and took it back.

Cheers.

17. Khazraj Gems: 20/31

Check this!

A post by Six of Spades off the net. I thought that I was bad! :eek:

Jaheira: Got her cursed by Baron Ployer, then shot her reputation with the Harpers all to hell. Then, without lifting her curse, we took a trip to the Planar Prison where I sealed her inside one of the cells permanently. (Send her in, boot her from the party, destroy the Orb, done.)

Minsc: Somewhere in the Temple Ruins, there is a Feebleminded squirrel. Somewhere...... (Not that much difference, though, when you think about it.)

Yoshimo: Didn't have to do much with him.....just let him run his course, and then suffer through eternity feeling guilt over betraying his friends. Besides, his heart makes a nifty badminton shuttlecock.

Aerie: First we tied her to a chair and made her watch as we collectively drank three cases of Red Bull in front of her. Then we gave her the Rod of Terror and let her vent her frustrations by attacking me. The stupid little twit LITERALLY beat herself to death with an Ugly Stick. We made Quayle watch all this, of course, and to dash his hopes of Resurrecting his little girl, we used the Rod of Resurrection on her, and watched her instantly die again. Several times. Ahhh......

Imoen: She acted like SUCH a wuss after having her soul stolen....Hey, girl, I'm walking around without a soul, too, but you don't see me whining about it. We abandoned her in one of the testing rooms in Spellhold, the one full of insane ghosts.

Keldorn: After screwing up his family, we wanted to have him attack his fellow members of the Radiant Heart--the only problem is, as soon as they turn hostile, he leaves the party and attacks you. And since he's an Inquisitor, he can't be Charmed.....good thing there's always the Cursed Sword of Berserking!

Anomen: I'd intended to have him fail his test, & all that good stuff, but I made the mistake of reaming Keldorn's life first, and since there was no Radiant Heart anymore, Anomen couldn't fail his test. So, switch to Plan B: Hold, Contagion, Insect Plague, Imprisonment. Not bad for a Plan B.

Nalia: I couldn't decide: Disintegrate, or lock her in a small room with her aunt? Eventually I decided Disintegrate had a better sense of finality.

Valygar: Turned him in to Tolgerias, alive. Actual quote: "No! Please! SOMEBODY HELP ME!!! I got so many warm fuzzies from that.....

Mazzy: The manual says that if you die from Shades draining your STR to 0, you get turned into a Shade yourself. Even after using a Cursed Scroll of Weakness on Mazzy, all she did was die normally. So I let her live a little bit longer, to have her die at the hands of Shadow Patrick & the Shade Lord.

Haer'Dalis: A little Flesh to Stone action never hurts (well, it doesn't hurt ME), especially when it's done in the Demonic Plane you visit in the Planar Sphere.

Jan: He's a Wizard. He's insane. There's a place for people like that, it's called Spellhold. Good thing I erased his entire spellbook before abandoning him there, and to make doubly sure, I made sure nobody could ever save him, by dropping the Asylum Wardstone somewhere in Saughain City.

Cernd: I found a loophole that enabled me to poison the Druid Grove and STILL keep Cernd in my party. Go me. Then it was back to Athkatla to do his quest, but we didn't actually rescue his baby--we just left it lying on the floor. Then we quickly dashed back to Trademeet, where we left Cernd back in his very own cell again (only this time, wearing the Bracers of Binding, Ring of Clumsiness & Ring of Folly), and then we returned to Deril's home, grabbed Cernd's kid, tossed it into the pool of blood in Bodhi's Lair & left it there to drown.

Evil is as Evil does. Heh, heh, heh, heh, heh.....hoo hoo hoo HAAAA HAAAA HAAAA!!!!! (cackle cackle)

[ December 14, 2002, 03:03: Message edited by: Khazraj ]

18. Atreides Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Wow that was some bad stuff! I see what you mean Khazraj about evil stuff there. That link was... insiteful!
    While I'm posting here I may has well explain what I've done. Normally I don't do nasty stuff to my other party members but Jan annoys me like no one else in that game can. So, in Bodhi's maze I stripped the little **** of his gear and left him to rot there. Die evil gnome! die!

19. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Dude, Six of Spades is harsh, but how do you poison the druid grove?

20. komei Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

To get the poison for the grove, I think you have to be of either Neutral or Evil alignment and not have Cernd in the party, then go to the north-east exit of Trademeet and someone offers to sell you some poison I think... I did it a long time ago so not exactly 100% sure.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.