1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Super-Power Kits

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Fly2tHeSkY, Nov 9, 2005.

1. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Did someone say here before that a F/M/T could be really powerful? How would they when they can't really get to very high levels to develop their skills and they wouldn't get their HLA's would they?

2. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

FMTs get Fighter and Thief HLAs at the levels after 3,000,000 XP, like every other multiclass. It's what makes multiclasses so powerful in ToB. They don't get Mage HLAs because they can't cast lvl 9 spells, but there is a patch here on SP for you to use to allow FMTs and FMCs to get bonus lvl 6,7 & 8 spells.

3. Fly2tHeSkY

Hey Magpie, do you what the XP Cap remover is and does it ruin the game if you use it? Cause I'm quite intrigued!

4. The Magpie

Well, XP cap removers let you reach level 40 in all your classes (so FMCs would be level 40 Fighters, Clerics and Mages! :eek: ), and as for "ruining" the game, it would make some solo classes ludicrously overpowered... like FMTs and FMCs. But both these classes gain HLAs without the XP cap anyway (it's total XP that counts for getting HLAs, you don't need 3,000,000 XP in each class of a multiclass; that may not have been clear in my last post), so I don't bother with cap removers. I consider it to be a part of the challenge of solo play!

But if you're curious as to what monstrosities can be created with such a thing, go right ahead. I've often toyed with ShadowKeeper to make custom multiclasses (KMT!), Tiefling PCs and things, so if you want to give it a go, feel free. Obviously, I take no responsibility if anything does go ****-up, but I seriously doubt that anything hosted on SP would screw you up. After all, our benevolent dictator would never let us come to harm. ;)

5. Fly2tHeSkY

Thanks Maggy! Do you know where i can get it?

6. The Magpie

Why, on this very site Sebby! :p

Just click here, and it's the 3rd option down. :)

7. Fly2tHeSkY

So Maggy, now with the new cap would you prefer a F/M/T because that sounds INSANELY POWERFUL!!! Or how about an Assassin/Mage or Kensai/Thief ... all level 40, what would you do?

8. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

what about a F/C/M? insane spelcasters, and highly capable fighters aswell, get FOA and CromF or something like that....

i might try this out myself!

9. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31

Media:
    The most powerful kit in ToB should be the Wild Mage. The Sorcerer and the Blade come a close second.

Honestly, area effect Wishes, Wail of the Banshees with no saves, and having to unleash your repertoire at least three times at high levels (Wish spell effect not counted)...
    Luck may have everything to do with it, since it's when he does get lucky that the guy becomes unstoppable - but that can be arranged.

10. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Area Affect Wish Spells are bad mojo when you have people like Minsc in the party. their mental stats of wisdom and intelligence tend to be low and thus they get very horrible choices to pick from from wish. Cast Multiple times is a really cool wild surge affect with Wish though. Specially if your using a spell like Tensors and get something like reroll 4 times later in the game where you stand a very good chance of casting the spell propperly. Every time it comes up with a response that casts the spell propperly as part of the surge you will cast a wish spell.

Area affect Tensor's is cool though. Get one of those with Seravok in your party. You'll love the results.

(Edited to remove the signs that I'm losing my mind.)

[ November 20, 2005, 05:52: Message edited by: starwalker ]

11. Fly2tHeSkY

I thought the wild mage was basically all luck though. I'd take a conjuror or sorcerer any day :D !

BTW, does the XP cap remover ruin the game with bugs and such?

12. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Don't know about a Super-power kit, but what about a wizard slayer dualled to a mage? Is it doable? Can a wizard slayer/wizard scribe scrolls?

Would be an interesting kit to play though, or it could be just severely handicapped in both classes.

Think of what might happen with magic missile and that cumulative spell failure to an opponent...or make that several magic missiles in a spell trigger! Could it work? Or is the idea just :nuts: ? If it works, it would be an uber class against other spellcasters!

A wizard slayer dualled to a mage would make her a Fallen Wizard Slayer! :grin:

Anyway, if you want a wizard-slayer with cheese, then dual-class her to a thief. A thief with some magic resistance and a spell-disrupting backstab could be ever-so-deadly...and with the eventual UAI, you wouldn't have to worry about the limitations at the magic items department.

[ November 20, 2005, 13:04: Message edited by: Ichor ]

13. Fly2tHeSkY

I like the sound of that Ichor, have you ever tried this before because like you said it could have the power of a God or possibly as weak as a cow :( .

By the way, does anyone know of any mods that, when dual classing, allow a SECOND kit to be taken, because I'm thinking of taking up an Assassin/Mage but I would like it to be an Assassin/Conjurer or possibly a sorcerer instead. Now THAT would be perfect!!! :D

14. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Haven't really tried that wizard-slayer/wizard yet, but I'll test it and see how it goes.

If it turns out that scribing isn't possible after the wizard-slayer kit kicks back in, then she'll have to scribe all her spells before that! Until the HLA spells that is...Hmm, now how would energy blades work out :jawdrop: ?

15. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31

Media:
    It's possible. A Wizard Slayer/Mage will be able to scribe scrolls and will be lose some of the restrictions he previously had as a wizard. A pretty powerful character - would be somewhat uber if multi-classed via Shadowkeeper.
    Your spells won't carry the cumulative spell failure effect, except for thrown spells iirc. (Melf's, Energy Blades)

16. Fly2tHeSkY

Have you personally tried this out to the end Scythesong? If so, how did it go, because it sounds like a very interesting class to play with ... especially without the XP cap :D !

17. Hyperion Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

A little bit off topic...

@Scythesong:
    Almost 2 years ago you used to say something else... You used to think the Blade is the best kit.
    Remember this, Scythe?! December 17, 2003. What happened? Changed your mind?! :grin:

18. Fly2tHeSkY

Sorry you guys didn't come to terms with each other ... but Bards are ok. Well, the Blade is anyway. They are a little slow to get off the ground but can really can become a fighting force eh Hyperion! Would you call them a Super Power Kit though ...

19. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31

Media:
    Well, Hyperion. You don't see all the Wild Surge effects just by playing through the kit once.
    After seeing them all and the possibilities they can offer, you'll realize it's the only kit that can potentially snuff out a Blade/Sorcerer in all their glorious Spell Immunities, Contingencies and Invisibilities. Among other things, fancy casting level 8 spells at LvL 9?. :)

EDIT:
    @Sebastian II
    I haven't, but I've tried out Wizard Slayer/Mages in SoA and there's no reason they'll be any less stronger in ToB. You can even make a search on the topic - and on Wizard Slayer/Thieves as well while you're at it.

[ November 23, 2005, 02:06: Message edited by: Scythesong Immortal ]

20. Fly2tHeSkY

Where do i do that Scythesong? Is there a feature here on SP that i don't know about?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.