1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Super-Power Kits

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Fly2tHeSkY, Nov 9, 2005.

1. thetruth Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Faraaz, say what? SP lists 3 download mirrors for Ajoc's mods. The link given above is for the old versions of his mods, check SP for recent WeiDU versions. The mirrors are listed under "Ajoc's Mods" at http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_editors7.php (near the bottom).

3. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

@the truth,

Most of the cooler mod links in the page are broken. :cry:

EDIT:That druidic sorcy is just awesome! He looks pretty overpowerful! Can wear robes/armors at the same time, gets bonus spells, and has pretty powerful, uber, cool beyond words new HLAs to boot!

[ November 11, 2005, 18:46: Message edited by: Silverstar ]

4. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Hey Tal, i clicked on the link you gave but it's not working! Is that just because my computer is a piece of sh!t or is there something else?

By the way, i want to play a kensai/thief, is 13th level the best time to dual?

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I was able to get into Spellhold Studios and IEGMC links from Tal's link. Blackwyrm Lair is still down.

6. Fly2tHeSkY

Thanks Kuem, by the way, if you hear bout anything new, please post it here! :D

7. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

@Tal: Hmm...haven't looked in a while then. THANKS!

8. Hyperion Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Uber classes: Sorcerer, Monk, Swashbuckler. In that order. No mods counting. Sorcerer for being the best spellslinger in the game; Monk, for having the best weapon in the game, highest (except Viconia, maybe) magic resisitance and some of the best abilities; Swashbuckler for the highest AC combined with the more important thieves' abilities (detect, disarm and unlock). Anyone cares to debate?

9. Fly2tHeSkY

Swashbuckler can't backstab ... :(
    The only reason I don't like playin' one!

10. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

^But they get WW attack as HLA or so someone said me here. Haven't checked yet though.

11. Fly2tHeSkY

Yes that's true Silver ... but the only reason i enjoy playing a thief is because of the backstab! Now, if the Assassin had the same fighting prowess as the Swashbuckler ... THEN we'd have an unstoppable character! :D

12. The Gatekeeper Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Ill go with the Kensai/Theif, that sounds crazy, never tried it but im sure that would be pretty crazy...

13. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Yes, with Use any İtem they may wear armor, do anything with scrolls&wands, and with kai+assasination and many attacks with dual-wielding+imp. haste capable of doing insane amount of damage. Add most cheesy trap HLAs and all, and you have a pretty decent char. :thumb:

14. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Muahahaha! I just realized! I must try Improved Haste on My newest character!

15. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Indeed, with dual-wielding, true Grandmastery (fixed) a high enough fighter lvl(it adds bonus half attacks) and improved haste, one can have up to 9attacks/round, which makes GWW obsolete. Use Critical Hit, Smite, or even better:Assasination!

UGH 9 times backstab:the very idea makes my head spin. Add that you have kai activated. How much damage can you deal in one round?

Fighter/thieve MCs can do this, though they don't have kai.

16. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Ummm. Actually this should give me 10 attacks. Which totally matches GWW. and I think it should last longer.

17. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

WHO NEEDS KAI? Gah...its only for 10 seconds anyway...that's like a round and a half. And you do realise that Kai would on average, add a whole 3 points of damage (or thereabouts) assuming you are using a longsword... :rolleyes:

I hate Kai fanboyism. :p

Righteous Magic is SO much better... :D :D :D

18. Fly2tHeSkY

Is Kai really worth it, cause it doesnt really last long eh. i guess a F/T sounds powerful enough. What do you think's better, a F/T or K/T?

19. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Unless you use it to backstab, when the numbers begin to look a whole lot deadlier... :eek:

K/T is better, when you consider HLAs (specifically, UAI) basically negate the disadvantages of the Kensai class. I think that K/T is the only dual that really stacks up in terms of power with equivalent multiclasses, come ToB. Additionally, some deranged individuals have been known to embark upon dualling a K/T at level 21, so they can get GWW as well as Thief HLAs. Not for everyone, but a worthwhile footnote.

For anyone who's not sure about dual-classing, or who struggles to keep kensai alive, then F/T is easier to use, sure. But once you've got the hang of kai backstabs and keeping out of harm's way until the right moment, the K/T rules the school.

20. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

i have soloed one, dualled at lvl 13, they are very capable, just do all the "hard" quests first, and wait for the errands to later on

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.