1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Super-Power Kits

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Fly2tHeSkY, Nov 9, 2005.

1. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

[​IMG] I've played with alot of kits throughout BG2 but I'm now looking for some cheese! I'd like some super-power kits that just decimate everyone! I usually play some type of thief or arcane user and YES, i like to backstab!

Does anyone know if their are kits out there somewhere that are just really really powerful?

But because I like alot of variety, I'll take any kits, so long as they're just ridiculously strong! Thanks for all the help!

2. dooms11 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

If you like backstabbing and would like to play a powerful character, then perhaps kensai/thief might be good.

You can get "Use any item" which will eliminate kensai's armor restriction weakness and you can get grandmastery in weapon of your choice for some great damage.

Then of course you can use traps cheese to get past some hard encounters.

I strongly suggest going 13 levels of kensai then thief.

If you aren't into dual-classing. Try swashbuckler, although his backstab is pretty pitiful

3. Ruin Ehwazehs Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Fighter/Mage/Thief...absolutely uber powerful for soloing AFAIK

4. Darkstrike Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Personally I think the Blade is the most powerful class of all with a fring of free movement, robe of vecna, bracers AC3, dual wielding with celestial fury and i cant remember the other one! With the right spell choices such as stone skin, shield, bulls strength, cats grace and other good defensive/buffing spells. And at the HLA levels you get timestop trap and that will make life easy as hell! I think I reloaded 3 times my first run through, although I slept often to replenish spells! Offensive spin is great for most oponents but defensive spin with ring of free action is amazing, got armor at -25 many times that way! But hey, thats just me!!!

5. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I agree. If its a powergamer's dream you want, its a Blade. If you have unlimited XP, its an F/M/C...the ultimate melee master. Or an F/M/T...he's got the edge with traps and stuff.

6. Fly2tHeSkY

I'm really liking these ideas, but have any of you heard of things like a super thief that has just crazy melee stats and can cast spells etc. and different classes like that?

Basically just a mod that includes super classes. By the way, how do I take off the XP cap?

7. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

8. Fly2tHeSkY

Thankyou Silver!

Now, does anyone know if there are any mods which offer NEW kits that are super powered because that's what I'm really after!

9. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Well I know that Tactics mod have two kits but they are not THAT powerful. I once had a 'Demon Knight' kit which was decent but I forgot where I downloaded it, it was a part of some mod, maybe Improved Battles? Gotta check soon!

10. Fly2tHeSkY

Mmmmmm, Demon Knight! Now THAT sounds powerful! Something like that like a Lich, a Demon, an Elemental Prince or something like that!

If anyone knows if it's possible, please notify me!

11. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Ach I remember now! :doh:

This is taken from SP:

''6 very interesting new templates with very cool special powers & abilities. Note that these are unofficial custom made templates that can be applied to existing full classes only (no kits) if they meet certain requirements. Portraits for them are included.

Unlike custom kits below they are very easy to install; you simply copy everything into the override directory. You can read the descriptions of these templates ***(Half-Celestial, Half-Fiend, Vampire, Lich, Skeleton Warrior, Death Knight)***''

But these are not kits, you will see. The page is here:
    http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_editors2.php

Scroll down to see Custom Templates!

Page has lots of uber powerful items, so you can try them too if it is what you are looking for. Hope this helped.

EDIT:At the very same page, there are those kits:

Sylvan Mystic Elf/Half-Elf Ranger Kit, by Polar Bear
    Item Pack, by Creslyn
    Blade Master Human Fighter Kit, by Drizzt1180
    Death Knight Human Fighter Kit, by Drizzt1180
    Wushi Ninja Human Thief Kit, by Drizzt1180
    Archer of Sylvanus Half-Elven Druidic Kit, by Drizzt1180
    Arcane Fist Bardic Kit, by Drizzt1180

Maybe they may interest you, it is the second thread from the top: 'The Sorcerer's Place collection.'

12. Fly2tHeSkY

Thanks Silver ... hmmm yes, they do seem powerful! If any new mods or whatever get added please tell me!

13. UCLAParadox Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Another I heard of was the Druidic Sorcerer; cast druid spells like a sorcerer. Basically way over powered from what I heard.

Anti-paladin kit was overpowered as well. Basically got the benefits of Casomyr without having it equipped.

Can't remember where either are though. Pocketplane probably has them though.

14. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

the druidic sorcerer is not way overpowered, it has got a bit of disadvantages as well, i am soloing one right now, and it's not uber-super powerfull, it's kinda balanced

15. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

^Where did you get it?

16. Thor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I'm quite sure i've downloaded both from here at some point? Long time ago however, so i can't be sure.

17. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

@Thor: Would it be possible for you to upload it some place? Or re-submit it to SP or something? I really can't find that mod anywhere.

And before I get corrected by a mod...the link on SP doesn't work. The link to the other site is functional, but the other guy doesn't host it anymore.

18. Fly2tHeSkY

Speaking of which, what are your favourite kits (included the REALLY powerful I'm looking for!) do y'all use?

Do most people just multi or dual class their characters to get the most out of it.

By the way, if anyone knows where the link for the druidic sorceror is, please post it here!

19. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Well I simply just 'looove' dual-classing, and humans! It is versatile and fun. Versatile as it creates uber characters. Fun as leaving a class and re-starting one with the very same character, or mastering the second and still have the abilities of former is just cool! It makes coolest character bios as well.

A ruthless fighters eyes are opened and he devotes himself to his god, becoming a cleric!

A former cleric discovers his aptitude for power and learns wizardry, after getting permission from his god ofcourse!

etc.etc. plus you can combine actual kits too, which is pretty awesome!

My last and favorite build is: Cleric14--Mage 32 and he just finished Ascension with a good party, singlehandedly destroying the five except Balthazar who he persuaded to ally with himself!

20. Fly2tHeSkY

I was thinking about playing an assassin fighter, just for the poison and huge backstab multiplier. What do you think?

And what level should i dual him/her at, weapons, techniques etc

Thanks ... I'm really curious!!!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.