1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Interesting Party

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Tartantyco, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Tartantyco Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

-So, I started up a new game with my PC as a Skald(I love Bards). In my party I have Minsc, Jaheira, Jan Jansen, Aerie and Amonen. Basically, my party consists of three priests(Amonen, Aerie, Jaheira) and three mages(Kind of(PC Skald, Aerie, Jan)). I'm contemplating on replacing Minsc with Keldorn for his kickass skills(Dispel, True Sight) though I might take Valygar instead. Any suggestions on who I should trade Minsc for?

-Oh, and do you know of any magical clubs available early in the game?

2. Desuma Malevois Gems: 2/31

Keldorn is good - my only reservation is if you want both Anomen and him to tank, then they will both want a certain item that improves DEX and there is only one available (I'm trying to avoid spoilers here). You might consider taking on Mazzy. She fires a bow like a machine gun and can eventually tank with short swords (have Anomen fill this role in the meantime).

There are two magical clubs available early in an (unmodded) game------
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Both are available as a result of the Trademeet quests. Gnasher +2 is found in the Druid Grove. Blackblood +3 can be purchased from a Trademeet merchant after the Druid & Dao/Rakshasha quests are completed.

3. Tartantyco Gems: 2/31

-I thought Keldorn's weakness was strenght. It's so funny in the sewers under the Temple district where you run across a party with a mage and a few clerics. The moment you go near them the buff up and all you have to do is walk Keldorn in there and use True Sight.

-I actually haven't used Mazzy before, I might just try her out. However, what I'm trying to do is have a spellcaster deluxe party and Keldorn has True Sight, Dispel, etc, while Valygal is a Stalker and has access to a limited selection of spells. I don't want to be weak in melee either so I also want some fighter types and that's where Keldorn/Valygar come in. I might just go for Haer'Dalis and be short on tanks, just for fun(Blades rule very much).

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

That's dependant on when you get to rescuing Imoen. You can get the Bone club +2/+3 vs. undead if you hurry to get Imoen.

I would agree that Keldorn's weakness is Dex, so give him the gauntlets. Anomen does just fine with a shield and potions of agility (for those nasty fights).

5. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I might take a pure evil party soon, does anyone know of a decent character with thieving abilities that would fit this party?

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Without mods, Jan Jansen or your PC. Yoshimo doesn't last long.

7. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Everyone's weakness is strength. Maybe even Minsc. With so many STR-enhancing items (Crom Faeyr, Angurvadal, at least three STR belts), it's nearly standard to have a STR of at least 19.

Also, Keldorn's STR is 17, while Jaheira's and Mazzy's STR are 15. And yet I would swear by any of them as a tank (plus Mazzy makes a grand archer). Keldorn's real problem is his low DEX hurting his AC, but that's solved with the Gauntlets you'll find on the way to the Unseeing Eye. Convenient, no?

Valygar, OTOH, I wouldn't call a tank, regardless of his excellent STR, DEX, and CON. Because he can't use armor heavier than leather as a Stalker, his AC will be higher than the others, and he works better as a flanker with his backstabbing ability anyway. Backstab after everyone's engaged in melee and then go nuts.

8. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    Blades are tanks as far as I'm concerned.

9. Tartantyco Gems: 2/31

-But is Haer'Dalis a tank? With 9 con he's not going to have alot of HP. He'd better not get hit. He's got good str and dex though.

10. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

The Blade is a tank in the same way that an F/M is, but with additional abilities due to Offensive and Defensive Spin. Check out Scythesong's Guide to Blades for more details.

11. Luiz Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

H'D is a tank not in the sense of "taking" damage well, but rather from outright avoiding a significant proportion of it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.