1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Phaere's NPC Portrait Pack v2 Released!

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Rastor, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

2. Drugar

Drugar And now... we wait! Veteran

Media:
    I like the portrait made for Jaheira. The rest I probably won't use.

Great quallity though!

3. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I installed it and they all look pretty cool, especially Sarevok.

4. {OverLoad} Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Is it just me or does Sarevok look like Vin Diesel :shake:
    I like it... :rolling:

5. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Just my 2 cents: Imoen looks older than she should be, and Jaheira looks to young. Minsc reminds me of Bruce Willis :)

Edwin, on the other hand, looks REALLY good.

In all cases, it's just MY opinion of how the NPCs should look like. The quality of the portraits is so professional it's impressive. Thumbs up.

6. GodRules44 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

They all look WAY too much like Celebrities for my liking... except Jaheira, she looks good (even though she's supposed to be a Brunette, a la BG1)

7. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Sarevok and Edwin look pretty cool. I like them. Jahiera's is quite good aswell.

Haer'Dalis' looks alot like Orlando Bloom!

8. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Sarevok looks an awful lot like Vin Diesel, though it does seem like a good fit. Minsc looks a little too friendly for my tastes.

The quality of the portraits though is excellant. I've got to say that Imoen and Edwin both look exceptional, but I really don't like those horn-things or whatever on Viconia's helmet. And of course GodRules44 is right; Jaheira is supposed to be a brunette.

All in all, aside from those minor quibbles, they look great.

9. GodRules44 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

The Comparisons:

Sarevok-Vin Diesel
    Minsc-Bruce Willis
    Haer'Dalis-Orlando Bloom (look at the face)
    Edwin- Tom Cruise (or whoever) in The Last Samurai

That's about what I've seen =D

10. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I can't say that I see Orlando Bloom in any of them.

At second look though, Edwin bears a striking resemblance to the guy from American Choppers.

11. RPG99 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Well, it looks like they based the portraits *heavily* on celebrities, which is most evident in Hear'Dalis' portrait. Hollywood characters are not really something I would like to see in Baldur's Gate... still the quality is good, except for Imoen, the angle doesn't really match and makes her head look warped, besides that she looks too old. By the way, Minsc looks more like Christian Slater, if you don't focus on the bald Bruce Willis head.

12. Pablo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Ediwn is Russell Crowe, by the way.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.