1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Solo problems

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Alienboy, Jan 30, 2002.

1. Lord Sarevok Guest

Quick question, does the unupgraded Mace of Disruption +1 work against him in Demi-Lich form?

2. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Viking,
    sorry, I replied to Alienboys problem. For your sorc I have the perfect solution: don't solo and try to have good saving throws :D get yourself a cleric to cast chaotic commands on you ;) this is my best suggestion since I don't know any equipment that protects vs. these effects to use for a sorc - a ring of charm protection would come in handy for you ;)

3. Laksol Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

To Lord Sarevok: Mace of Disruption +1 does work on Demi-Lich.

4. void Guest

There's another problem I found with the solo F/M/T. After Irenicus nabbs your soul you can't heal yourself anymore so when you rest it barely aids you at all. Could someone please help me with this?

5. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    This almost suggests the use of necromantic spells like Larloch's minor drain and vampiric touch in combat, doesn't it ? ;) Sure, a more direct alternative would be to use rings or ion stones that offer regeneration ...

6. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

If you're soloing, there should be enough healing potions in the game anyway. One cure light/rest period isn't going to make a great difference to your hit points.

7. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Who needs cure light wounds? Regen items work even when sleeping, so one good nights sleep wearing any one of the ones there are should sort out your problems.

Also as was said, temples and healing potions are plenty if your solo'ing. If not bring a cleric to party.

Ragusa, those spells now hit me so rarely that it's not really a problem. 5 Skeleton Warriors do short shrift with those sort of baddies, Later <cough> one of the summon abilities sorts out anything else. <splutter, cough>

[This message has been edited by Viking (edited February 04, 2002).]

8. Alienboy Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Thanks Ragusa, some usefull info there. Thinking about using shadow keeper to make my cleric/mage/fighter(other solo character) use all weapons.

[This message has been edited by Alienboy (edited February 04, 2002).]

9. happy1 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

There are regenerating Ioun Stones in BGII. I sold mine because it was slower than the ring of regen.

10. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

There are at least 3 of those stones in BG2. Regeneration, +10% hp, and ac+1.

Other regen items in BG2. Dragon sword (I think), regen ring and ring of Gaxx spring to mind.

You could pretty much kit out a whole fighter / mage / thief party with the BG2 items, leave alone a solo character.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.