1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Saemon Havarian: impossible?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Caradhras, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I did it, or to be more accurate, Cernd did.

MINOR SPOILER

Yes the shapeshifter killed the obnoxious scoundrel!
    I never thought this was possible, but everytime I'm on board the stolen ship, I attack him when he betrays Charname over the silver sword.
    I know, but I can't help it: I really hate his guts!
    But this time, he died! When I checked up Cernd's total number of kills in the Underdark I read "Most powerful vanquished: Saemon Havarian", it felt really GOOD!!!

I wonder if anyone around has managed to kill this guy yet (I would be surprised if no one had).

Anyway, it's still a lovely screenshot. ;)

2. Greystar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I like him quite a bit (he is a pretty cool minor villain), I always try to kill him when I have the chance, I don't mind if he get away though.

3. Caradhras

Media:
    [​IMG] Sure but did you actually manage to kill him? I've tried repeatedly and only succeeded once.

4. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

I've ctrl+y'd him a few times, but always came back later. I enjoy killing him over and over and over and over and over and over... you get my drift eh?

He's awesome in his own way, but he's really annoying at the same time :(

5. Caradhras

Media:
    Yeah I get your meaning. ;)
    But did you kill him without cheating?

6. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

I'm pretty sure I've trounced the ponce before. I seem to recall stunning/holding then chunking him and then getting a nice xp boost for it.

7. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ok, I did a little digging around and I found that Saemon Havarian actually has 5 different .cre files, here's a break down of each one:

#1 - He's worth 20,000 XP for the kill, and dual-wields +3 Scimitars

#2 - Worth 18,000 for the kill, and for some reason only has Imoen's belt (remember from the beginning of the game) on...

#3 and #4 - worth 18,000 for the kill, and the only thing he has on him is the Silver Sword blade

#5 Worth 18,000 for the kill, and only has an invisible ring...which is categorized as a necklace, with the item code: MINHP1, which I think we all know that it does just by the name of it.

I think that under normal conditions the Saemon Havarian you always end up talking to is #3 or #4, and if you attack, he becomes #1...which is actually a good thing considering he's worth an extra 2,000XP...and under circumstances where you still need him to continue on with the game, I think #5 spawns. :rolling:

8. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

I kill him on the boat 90% of the time. I've never gotten any loot from him, though. I'm 99% sure he's always been worth 18,000 XP.

9. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Not Impossilbe at all!

However, he is difficult, as there is a very short time period in which you can kill him. I usually attack him instead of the Gith and get the XP.

It's 18K usually, and i've never killed him before, because he is a key character in getting to the Sauhagin city. Can I kill him(before the boat) and still get to the city?

10. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I just had a thought...I wonder if Saemon Havarian #1 is the S.H. that shows up in the expansion I cannot name...It makes sense that he would be worth more XP later on, when you meet up with him in the game. I did a little more digging and sure enough, S.H. #1 only shows up in a certain expansion pack...
    S.H. #2 has the files that contain the dialog he has with you when you first arrive at Brynnlaw.
    S.H. #3 is the guy you meet up with inside Spellhold.
    S.H. #4 is the guy that tells you he has no ship and asks for your help...again. :rolling:

11. toughluck Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Imoen's Belt works as MINHP1 as well. Just try to get Imoen killed in the first dungeon - can't happen.
    So you can't kill him in Brynnlaw...

12. Caradhras

Media:
    I guess I wasn't quick enough before! (or maybe I killed him and never noticed?)
    Anyway, thanks everyone for your answers, quite interesting especially Kitrax's.

13. GodRules44 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Yeah, when characers have irremovable items it means that they are obviously doing something (Boo probably gives minsc his berserker rage, seeing as minsc is a ranger)

A lot of NPCs that you normally can't see the inventory of who you can never kill have these kind of items.

Continuing off topic, I remember that a man appears if you attack the members of the shadow theives in their stronghold if you are on their side before you complete it and go to the island. The man (forgetting his name) kills you in about half a second, doing critical damage, and he basically chases you with boots of speed until you're dead. I once ctrl+Q'd him to see what he had that made him so powerful. I think he was level 7 with just a short sword of backstabbing and normal stats, but he had some irremovable items. I recall I also ctrl+y'd him many times and he only got to 1 hp. Go figure. Also, while he was in my party, I had to keep clicking him away and telling him to do something else because he kept going to attack the main character every time I didn't have him moving somewhere else.

A lot of fun these secret items are eh?

14. Greystar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

@Caradhras: in SOA, no, if you try to kill him, you will only endanger yourself, because after all, he "tries" to help you most of the time, like facing Irenicus, or bring you back to Athkatla.

@GodRules: those items are there to prevent the players from killing key character and not be able to complete the game. In Arkanis' case he was carrying a killsword that can slay the target instanly, with no save.

15. GodRules44 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Yeah I know, they are very heavy plot holders, the infinity engine is very important to the plot, interestingly enough.

16. Caradhras

Media:
    @Greystar: agreed (I would never try to kill him before facing Irenicus in Spellhold). Nevertheless, when he gives you the silver blade, it is not out of goodness. Moreover in the dialogue he clearly betrays Charname. At this point I think it's only reasonable that Charname should want to get back at him!

17. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

He betrays Charname multiple times by this point actually... I can't believe the creators of BG2, didn't add anything to the game, (or mod makers), to show the slow agonizing death of S.H... if there were a mod that was 2MB long and all it did was have one random sleep scene where you're teleported to Mordor and S.H. is being tortured by Orcs.. Oh man.. that would bring me sick, sadisdic pleasure!!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.