1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Custom SK Party: Need Advice

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Malovae, Sep 17, 2004.

1. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I'm starting a new game (since the last one wouldn't let me ressurect Solaufein after Imp. Bohdi :rolleyes: )

This time I'm going to go for power over the roleplaying. I'm still going to play evil which in my mind, justifies my ridicuously powerful classes (evil people love power). I need help adding 2 final party members. Just a couple of things:

1. I am not using mages or sorcerers (having them in my last party took the challenge out of the game mostly) although I may consider mage dualled to something.

2. I'm trying to avoid single classes as much as possible in order to make more interesting chars.

So far my party is in Irenicus' Dungeon and I'm looking to add new members before level 2 of the dungeon. I've just taken out Improved Illich and crew but not going any futher until I've got a few replies ;)

So far my party is:

PC - Half Elf Fighter/Shapeshifter MC. Bit of a shield early on as she has immunity to normal weapons :D

2 - Elf Kensai/Thief MC, handles backstabbing, traps and detecting illusions. Uses a single Katana early game but will change to dual weilding with the Quietus dagger (Item Upgrade mod) in the off hand. Will be a meat grinder in ToB when wearing armour.

3 - Elf Fighter/Swashbuckler MC - Will be my best all-round fighter late on. The damage and AC bonus combined with full plate makes him very powerful. Shame I have to take off armour to use skills. He's using two handed swords (holy avenger with UAI).

4 - Half Elf Archer/Cleric MC - Using Slings and Maces. This one I'm not too sure about. Do slings get the Archers missile bonuses?

So what should I put in the last two slots?

[ September 17, 2004, 03:17: Message edited by: Malovae ]

2. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

You WILL need a mage to take care of enemies with melee protections, however if you want some added challange, make your mage a wild mage and multi with whatever you like.

Why have an elf as your Kensai/Thief? 19 dex compared to 18 dex doesn't do much apart from ranged weapons - which a kensai can't use. Make it a half-orc or something.

I'd think a dwarf Fighter/Cleric for your other slot would be fun. You need a dwarf. Everyone loves dwarves.

3. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

If you don't want to go overboard with magic, throw in a Bard of some kind (you'd probably benefit more from a Skald than any other with the party you're using). You'd have access to Breach, Dispel and Remove Magic, an awesome buffing song, and in a pinch a bard can step up to fight with or without buffs, although the Blade is the better fighter.

4. Malovae Gems: 18/31

Thanks for the help :) Ok, you've persuaded me to take a mage who will be dualled to fighter (Anti-Paladin kit). I will dual when he gets his first level 7 spell because I want Project Image and Mordikans (sp?) Sword. I'm tempted to wait till level 8 spells are available, as Powerword: Blind is very good and the Spell Trigger would be good to take down enemies magic resistance quickly. Hmmm decisions, decisions...

The Kensai/Thief is shaping up well. Just bought the Girdle of Hill Giant Str. and has just backstabbed Mencar and friends to death.

I still need to add one more... a bard would be good but although I'm powergaming and although i have just stole/sold/stole etc. (very lame) I would like to limit the ammount of chessey tactics I use. If I took a bard I 'would' do the mislead and sing trick all the time :D

Maybe a Berserker/Druid? Could be fun...

5. Thyorna Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Forgive the ignorance but can you give a quick step by step, as to how one can multi class a fighter with a swashbuckler, or a mage with an anti paladin, i figure its just multi classed fighter thief or fighter mage, and then you put in the kit and the special abilities of that kit. Is that correct?

6. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Out of curiosity, how does an Archer/Cleric fit into your evil party, when a Ranger has to be of good alignment? Or are you not worried about becoming a fallen ranger?

You might consider replacing that one with a Fighter/Druid and a Fighter/Cleric (SK'ing in a kit of your choice). You'd still get cleric and druid spells, but spread across two characters.

If you're looking for an archer, Tactics has an archer kit, but as a fighter rather than a ranger. You could use it with one of the above (druid or cleric), but I think you'd have to start as a single-class fighter-archer, dual to your cleric or druid, and then use SK to change to multi-class (and making the appropriate adjustments). You couldn't start as a fiighter/cleric or fighter/druid, and SK to to generic archer, because SK doesn't recognise that kit.

7. Malovae Gems: 18/31

Do you have Shadow Keeper?

If so, make a pre gen character in Baldurs Gate 2 SoA and save it. Exit the game and load the SK program and load a pre-generated character via 'file/ load character file' at the top of the screen. Select one of the tabs forthe class and it should say in active boxes 'fighter mage' or 'fighter thief' and below 'true class'. Select the box saying true class and change to a fighter, mage or thief kit etc. You have to select a kit relevant to the original class.

Then select which avatar you want in the next tab along beause the defaults are a but rubbish... who wants a fighter thief to look like a fighter, the thief looks much better IMO.

Then set you levels to 0 in both classes and set hit points to 10, 8 or 6 depending on class.

Finally, go to the 'innate' tab and remove all abilities.

:EDIT:

I just made her Chaotic Neutral and I never let my Rep go lower than 10 or higher than 16.

I just checked, didn't realise that I couldn't use the Anti-Paladin in SK...boooo. Back to needing two again :rolleyes:

8. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You could go multi mage/anti-paladin instead, using the process I described for the generic archer.

And I still like my idea better than your archer/cleric. :p Of course, that would actually matter if it was my game and not yours. :D

9. Malovae Gems: 18/31

I thought I'd resurrect this topic again to mention my progress because i'm bored :D

I'm sitting outside Suldellesannar (spelling is wrong but who cares :p ) wondering if i've forgotten anything from quests and items to anybody I don't like and want dead.

In game I sided with Aran but destroyed the guild when I got back (Arkanis doesn't show up for me anymore, must be a mod causing it.) I destroyed the Radient Heart, Temple of Lathander after the Dawn Ring Mission, robbed every house I could find, destroyed the 'highest levels' of the Cowled Wizards and stole most non-unique items (I may want to sell them again later. Pretty evil way of playing and much more fun that the good way.

I've gotton a two or three HLA's for each character in SoA which I'm not happy about, but that was to be expected.

I refined my party into a powergaming juggernaut:

Elara, MC Fighter 15/Shapeshifter 14
    Innate power: 60% mag resistance (100% when in GWW form)

Uses Belm and GWW form in the main hand and the Forest Scimitar (Taza's Magnificant Magic Shop) in the offhand

Eldon, MC Kensai 15/Thief 18
    Innate power: Immunity to missiles (idea of that bad guy out of the Scorpian King or jet Lei in Hero)

Using Sanchuudoko +4 (Kuriosan) and occasionally Quietus +4 (Item Upgrade Mod) in the offhand for backstabbing. He combines backstabs with critical strike for mega damage.

Tireall, Fighter 15/ Swashbuckler 18
    Innate power: 25% res to piercing and slashing damage (there is no real reason for this but I wanted to give him something.

Uses Lilarcor +5 (Item Upgrade) and Strong Arm longbow. Occasionally uses Vorpal Sword or holy Avenger.

Laine, Cleric 16/ Archer 14
    Innate power 50% resistance to fire, cold, elec and acid. Again, no reason whatsoever but I knew she would be wearing items that pumped all of these up to almost 100%

Uses Sling of Seeking and Skull Crusher +5 (Item Upgrade) and Mace of Disruption.

Ulella, Berserker 15/Mage 14
    No innates as I felt the beserk ability was powerful enough.

Uses Celestial Fury +5 (Item Upgrade), an unenchanted katana when needed against certain prots., Daystar +4 (Item Upgrade) for undead and Dak'kon's Zerth Blade in the offhand. She laso wears the Enhanced robe of the Archmagi (Item Upgrade)

Antoine de Vier, Sorcerer 19
    Innate powers: 5 Inquisitor style dispel magic per day

Uses Staff of the Magi, Elemental Staff (Item Upgrade) and Firetooth +3. he also wears the Robe of Vecna.

I know this is too overpowered so no one need start slagging off the party, I only play occasionally for fun. Just thought I'd update. anyway, I've got Improved Irenicus and Acsension waiting for me :D

10. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

how did you get that many XP points in just SOA?

11. Malovae Gems: 18/31

I did all the quests and because i'm playing a bit of a nutcase, I kill alot of npcs that a ood player would not. I do have tactics installed so i get random city encounters and things like that. Plus I use the erase/learn cheese with level 7 and above spells.

12. Rudiger Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Hmm.

Ok, my first question is, whats Lilarcor+5 got over Carsomyr?(Apart from when your fighting mind flayers)

Secondly, is there anything you don't chunk in two rounds?

Also, about the Erase/learn cheese.
    This could be down to some weird mod thing, and since my most recent clean install I've only soloed fighter thieves so I can't check...
    But with my previous install If I had a mage with less than 18 INT, they could copy level 9 spells to their books as often as they liked without eraseing them first.
    I also found that Ribald had an infinite stack of dirt cheap freedom scrolls in his chapter 6 stock.
    (A certain fighter/druid getting to 6 million xp much faster than normal more than made up for the time stop scroll I wasted)

Finaly, am I the only person who's ever used SK to give them selves an MC fighter/bounty hunter?

13. Malovae Gems: 18/31

I've never done it because I don't really like bounty hunters as much as the other kits - probably something to do with Yoshimo. Might give it a go sometime.

I know about the freedom scrolls already, but thanks though. I may relearn spells but I wouldn't go overboard though.

Carsomyr is a fantasic weapon, but I like Lilarcor's quips and immunity to confusion, hold etc is very handy. I've also started Tireall using the Impaler +4 (Item Upgrade) for occasional times when I need ranged combat against enemies requiring high enchanted weapons.

Tactics suitably upgrades most standard enemies worth the time of day. I've just completed Imp. Irenicus and really enjoyed it... now I'm in ToB, but I still have access to all important SoA stores due to the Magnificant Magic Store Conjure Book. Imp. Fire Giants better be as hard as they are supposed o be :D

14. Eric Xanthus Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Don't use acid katana on the fire giants. You won't like what happens.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.