1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Autobuff for Solaufein?? **poss spoilers**

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Spelladonna, May 16, 2004.

1. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I've played with Soulafein countless times and I have, yet, to figure out to activate his autobuff. I know once he gets Tsuki no Ken +5 that adds a ridiculous amount of protections, but I thought there was also an ability where he autobuffed.

What am I missing or overlooking?

[ May 17, 2004, 23:39: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Well, he doesn't really autobuff, but his upgraded weapons give him all sorts of protections. He doesn't have to cast them or use a special ability, he just has them as long as his weapons are equipped. The most ludicrous is that he gets permanent Call Upon Holy Might, which gives you +1 to strength, constitution and dexterity for every level of the caster divided by 3, rounded down. So by the end of SoA, that comes out to a permanent +6 to strength, constitution and dexterity, which basically means his strength and dexterity are god-like, and his constitution isn't bad either.

To get it, you just have to go through all the Solaufein specific battles - I did a write up on them in the mod reviews. They all occur about a week apart (in game time) so if you picked him up very late in SoA (for example if you did all the Chapter 2 quests before going to Spellhold) you may not have had enough time to finish them before you finished the game.

3. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I didn't think there was anything else beyond what Tsuki no Ken +5 gave, but thought I'd double check.

Thanks! :thumb:

4. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Actually, I think some autobuff scripts come with the mod. You just change the character's script to that, press a few buttons, and all memorized buffs are cast, on self only or over the whole party, as with Improved Alacrity or something.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.