1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How do you kill a Brain Golem?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Klorox, Nov 20, 2004.

1. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

I always have problems with these suckers.

Imoen (with the Rod of Smiting) is the only one to ever hurt these guys in my game.

2. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Brain squishing. Use crushing damage.

3. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

Unless you've installed something that changes them, brain golems have the same immunities as stone golems--you'll need at least a +2 weapon to touch them. Crushing weapons are more effective against them, but not required (they have 25% resistance to slashing, missile, and piercing damage).

4. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Just use powerful magic weapons and keep hitting them with Magic Missiles. It's worked for me in the past. Also, I think they automatically die if you kill the Master Brain, but I'm not sure.

5. Eric Xanthus Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

The golems do not automatically die when you kill the brain. The brain is, amusingly, instantly killed by Death Spell.

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Required Edit:

i never tried a death spell.. i just started pounding on them and it worked :D

[ November 21, 2004, 08:28: Message edited by: Enagonios ]

7. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Dunno what problems you might be having with them, but to me they have always been a walkthrough-job. A few summons, death spell in, and job done.

8. Klorox

I don't use Death Spell enough, I guess. I'll have to change that! :)

9. Zurga Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Brain golems? The a$$holes in the sewers? I dunno?
    I just use some skeleton warriors and Bobs your uncle. Unless your playing on a higher difficulty?

10. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

How do you kill a Brain Golem? Practice, practice, practice! :hahaerr:

*crickets*

11. Klorox

"Bobs your uncle"

???

12. Nightal Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

It's a saying...

like: done it with ease..

13. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Bobs your mothers brother.

That should make more sense.

14. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

And of course, a wand of cloudkill will damage just about anything in the game (except skeletons).

15. Klorox

Must be the MR, Bombur, but I hardly ever damage mind flayers with the cloudkill wand.

16. Eric Xanthus Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I think pre-Baldurdash (or is it SP fixpack?), the wand of cloudkill ignored MR. I believe that has been fixed, although you can still use the spell to limited effect against mindflayers--unless you use Tactics, and then they just teleport to attack you.

17. Truper Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

@CamDawg:

Don't know where you're getting that info, but having just passed through the Illithid city, I can report that Brain Golems are unaffected by edged weapons - they are only struck by blunt weapons, just like Clay Golems.

I have no mods installed, beyond the Baldurdash fixpack.

18. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

Aw, crap.

There are two creature files for brain golems, GOLBRA01.cre and UDGOLEM.cre. They're identical except that GOLBRA01 has 25% resistance to slashing, piercing and crushing and UDGOLEM 100%. GOLBRA01 is apparently unused while UDGOLEM is the one used in the lair and is immune to non-crushing weapons. My mistake. :(

19. Zurga Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Eh? Am I the only one, who just leapt into the fray, hoping for the best? Then again I'm reloading a lot so...?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.