1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sarevok

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Koki, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Koki Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Every time I roll my character, I always aim for sum of 95 or more. Why? Because that's how much Sarevok has in ToB and I can't be worse than him can I?

But then I realized that with all the Tomes you get... how many points do you gain? +8 in BG alone. So rolling this in my head, I began to wonder about how Sarevok came up as powerful as he is. You think he just got lucky with genes(Or whatever they use in D&D)? Or he also gained some stats due to his adventures? Or maybe only reason for them is that he was reborn from the part of the soul of the ex-dead soulless you(Sorry for that but I always have a problem following where the hell my character's soul is at the moment in BG saga).

2. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

I tend to use the 95 as a minimum also, when considering, that you yourself is a Bhaalspawn I find it justified.

3. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

From BG1 through ToB you come out gaining something like 17 points total added to your states. 20 if you go evil through the Hell Trials at the end of SoA.

8 from the Tomes in BG1
    6 from the Machine of Lum the Mad
    1 From the Deck of Many Things
    2 from The Trial of Wrath

If you go Evil you can also get
    +1 From the Trial of Wrath evil path
    2 From the Trial of Fear evil path

4. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    ****Spoilers:****

Sarevok had a rough childhood, he saw his mother get killed in front of him, that kind of stuff either makes you much weaker, or in this case, stronger.
    He learned all kind of mean stuff after years of service as an Iron Throne thug. He also studied long to become a Deathbringer, a class that needs skill and force, something he has obviously mastered.
    Sarevok clearly isn't stupid, being the mastermind behind the Iron Throne (and you need to be charismatic for that, too)
    ...and he did understand that the potagonist is the strongest Bhaalspawn, making him seem like a wise type and not a madamn. :p

All in all, he's a nasty-son-of-a-something not to be messed with.

5. starwalker Gems: 16/31

Correction. He did not see the Protagonist as the Strongest. He saw himself as the Strongest. He just saw the Protagonist as another stepping stone towards his end.

There is also the fact that he was not the mastermind behind the Iron Throne. He merely managed to force his way into control of the part of it that was in Baldur's Gate. He had Higher ups that he was ignoring and hoping to eventually usurp. He was the mastermind of a number of evil plots in Baldur's Gate and that part of the sword coast however.

6. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Not after he lost his powers after the potagonist killed him twice.

Well that part of BG then. He clearly has his own agenda, using the Iron Throne merely to benefit himself. Let's drop the "behind" and replace it with "using" the Iron Throne then, he commands all the 'cells' in BG area, kills all the other leaders and is about to start a war that would make him the new Lord of Murder.
    To him, the Iron Throne is nothing but a way to accomplish his goals.

7. Yulaw9460 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran

Media:
    As pointed out, who do you think his Daddy is? :evil:

8. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

It had to be his mother, 'cause if you remember the intro cutscene to BG the guy he murderized was a spawn of Bhaal too. Apparently Bhaal's genes are umm... whacky :) .

9. Yulaw9460 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran

Media:
    Ahh, I get it. He´s not a Bhaalspawn, but instead a Bhaals-partner-at-the-time-spawn?

10. starwalker Gems: 16/31

Sarevok is a full BhaalSpawn. The Expansion to BGII just screwed up some things and confused the issue heavily.

don't even ask me why the game designers changed the story in the ways they did. It's got continuity issues galore if you dig into it and know both games.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.