1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Evil is a Rough Road

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Truper, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

If you're concerned about her being overpowered, I've heard of people nerfing Valen by having her dual-wield daggers (and so not level draining everyone)...

2. Good Thoughts Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I am interested in using some of the evil characters such as Korgan, Viconia and Edwin but wanted to take the high road with them (do some good things) and maybe just talk an evil game. What do you figure? Can that be done? My created character is true neutral.

Valen sounds a little too evil for my taste. Besides my guy is a thief so I don't think I would get to side with Bodhi?

3. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

@Good thoughts- no problem at all, just make sure your reputation stays at 18 or below or your evil NPCs will take off (along with all their stuff)...

4. Maxinion Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Good point, HarbourBoy... then again, why does Jaheira want to go do something? Why does Cernd want to do something? etc. etc. Playing the "I don't care about anything" true neutral is *one* way to play it, but it just doesn't work well in a computer game, especially BG2. There are other forms of true neutral, as I wrote above.

5. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

On Harborboy's post, I guess alignment is what you make of it... Me, I tend to think of good-neutral-evil as: good helps others regardless of who they are, neutral helps friends and if buggered at all but generally doesn't care for every damsel in distress (unless chaotic/lawful kicks in) and evil exploits everyone except maybe friends (yep, even they might have some).
    As for chaotic or lawful, they decide if you'd support the code of a society/tribe etc. and chaotic would mean challenging established laws and having a general dislike for authority.
    Therefore, a true neutral would care for friends, but is not very likely to stick his/her neck out for strangers unless there is a very good reason (either moral - some balance philosophy, request from a pal, etc. or material), and will tend to obey authorities most of the time - although they might break a law or two if worth the trouble.
    In BG I, II and ToB a true neutral would always have a pretty acceptable reason to advance:
    I: stay alive, avenge Gorion, stop Sarevok's plans for a war (which wouldn't be very good for you)
    II: Save imoen, get Irenicus, avenge Dynaheir and Khalid, in the second part - get your soul back (very good reason, staying alive), if elf or half-elf - save suldanesselar
    ToB: get out of Saradush, stay alive

6. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Just ran across this thread doing a search for something else.
    I am playing a MF/T, half-elf, neutral evil. I've never played evil before. I like the role playing and really get into it. My PC is self-centered but not sadistic. I'm having a lot of fun with it. I don't have the Virtue mod installed.
    @Good Thoughts, my party is pretty much what you're thinking of doing. So far it is working well. I'm doing as many quests as I can before I take off for Spellhold so am only in Ch 3 but the party is around level 14.
    If I were to do it over the main change I would make is to have fewer members in my starting party. MC, Jan, Viconia & Korgan. ( Korgan is credited with something like 47% of the kills.)
    For individual quests I might flesh out with another player; ie: Nalia, Aerie, Valygar, etc. but not keep them.
    I'm thinking True Neutral for my next PC.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.