1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dual-Class Help

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Bassilus, Jun 12, 2003.

1. Bassilus Banned

So at level 18 I dualled my fighter to a mage.

My question is:

Once my mage reaches level 18, what will happen? Will he be able to wear armor or use swords? Or did I just make a useless endeavor to do something right, and will now have a mage with more HP and nothing else?

P.S., what level will my mage be able to reach?

Thanks in advance! :)

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    When you reach level 19 in wizard class you'll regain your fighter abilities and be allowed whatevered a multiclass fighter/wizard is allowed. Of course, your parameters will be different and you'll be allowed up to grandmastery in weapons contrary to multiclass fighter/wizards who aren't.

I suppose one thread is enough, isn't it? Goodbye, just in case.

3. Bassilus Banned

It's called an accident. Thanks for the info, and thanks again for being a jerk on top of it.

Can anyone tell me (I assume he's not going to help me anymore) what level my mage can reach?

4. SoCo Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Well it depends what level your mage can reach. There is many different many different things that could and would alter his level.
    Amount of People in your party.
    How far into the story you are.
    The Difficulty setting you have it on.
    And others. I can't recall anymore right now off the top of my head.

Maybe you should try the Baldur's Gate II section, and look it up? Maybe you will find something. I don't know; Try your manual. I'm sure there is something in there.

And I'm pretty sure your not allowed to post twice in one minute so I wonder how you got three. One more thing, don't flame people who is just helping you by answering your questions. The SP Rules have something about that in there.

Just my Two cents.

5. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I didn't even see the third one, I was blinded by the first two. Chevalier is exactly right. I assume that you have the Bladesinger chain or some similar elven chain to wear, as anything else cuts off your spells.

As to your maximum level, are you asking what is theoretically possible with the experience cap or what is practically reachable given, say, certain parameters that you need to tell us about? If the former, TOB has an 8 million exp cap. Your fighter made 18th level (2.5 million), leaving 5.5 million for the mage = 24th level. If the latter, fill in the blanks and we'll try to help.

6. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
  7. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Wow, I don't recall ever seeing an IotW member post the same exact thread three times in a row! Hope you like life without SP... :rolling:

8. Bassilus Banned

Point taken, but he added an insult to it. If I am at war, and an enemy soldier tells me where his hidden base is, and then tries to kill and succeeds in shooting me in the leg, I'm most assuredly NOT going to be grateful for his information. This follows here.

'Twas merely a browser accident, must everyone repeatedly flame me for it? Thanks for any help, chevalier, regardless.

Now, I remember two sets of elven chain in ToB right in the beginning. One I snagged from Ilasera and couldn't use, so I got rid of it. I suppose I can use it once I'm level 19, but 'tis too late now. Does anyone know where the other one is? Despite running across it in many previous games, when actually looking for it I find that it's location evades me.

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Yaga-Shura, I deleted your other two duplicates. I don't buy your accident excuse, so consider this your final warning before a permanent ban. I've had enough babysitting you. If you have anything to say, make sure to do so in PM.

Edit:

Actually, this latest name change of yours would be enough, but there's a remote possibility that you don't possess enough common sense to know that it's stupid to change your PDN every two days. So, change it again = ban. Do anything else to annoy me = ban.

[ June 13, 2003, 09:02: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

10. Bassilus Banned

So, I'm now forbidden to change MY name with MY account? Hmph.

Well, I never asked you to babysit me, I supposed you were only doing it so you could sleep better at night.

Don't buy my "excuse?"

Yeah, I suppose a NEW USER who recieves the IDIOT OF THE WEEK PLAQUE (with it's grammatical error) couldn't make a mistake?

You're right. I just posted three right next to eachother with a change in each one for my health, because it would so obviously get them answered sooner. Whatever you say, kiddo. Just don't get angry at me over nothing, like you've been doing. Sorry if I've been emotionally damaging you; didn't know people could be so sensitive.

11. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    :wave: Happy trails.

12. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Well then. I've had enough, how about the rest of you?

The current Idiot of the Week's posting privileges have hereby been revoked.

13. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    ...and there was much rejoicing.

* yaaaaay. *
    :)

14. Vedran Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I guess that he doesn't even realize that's mostly his rudeness what got him into trouble, not his "mistake".

Where does he see that gramatical error anyway?

15. chevalier

Media:
    Somewhere in his own post, most probably. Let me count... there are some ;)

He called me his enemy, shall I be offended or amused more?

He was also a liar and, what's even worse, a poor one: poor enough to tell everyone that he had been lying when he failed a basic will save.

There being no priest here, I suppose I, as a paladin, should lead the burial ceremony...

May his tormented soul find piece in the afterlife and may it not come back hither under a different PDN.

16. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    His grammatical reference is probably this: "For continuous display of stupidity." He probably figures it should be a plural (i.e., "displays") on the theory that one display won't earn the plaque.

17. Death Rabbit

Media:
    Or maybe...

"For continuous display of stupidity, we present you WITH this plaque." Forgot the "with" maybe? Heh, who cares. Good riddance.

I guess I picked a bit of a fight with him in the other forum (referring to the definition of the word "immortal" with regard to elves). He was being an ass to nearly everyone, and I wanted to see if he was actually capable of being the bigger man and explaining his position, rather than lobbing childish insults. He chose the latter ad nauseum, thus proving my assumption correct. :D :holy:

Can't say I'm all that surprised, though. He's only 15. Little punk. :grr:

Who wants to bet he'll try and log on under a different PDN? If nothing else, to make a sad effort to get in the last word by insulting the Admins. Or me. :cool:

18. chevalier

Media:
    @dmc:

'Display' may be uncountable too.

19. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Lets have a New Orleans ceremony. You know, the one where everyone celebrates the departing of this world(read forum). But we would instead celebrate that he just was gone, gone once and for all.

:wave:

BTW - The grammatical thing he continously metnions is Plaque. Its plague, not plaque IIRC.

20. Death Rabbit

Media:
    No, that was correct.

Plaque (sounds like "plack") is what he recieved.
    Plague (sounds like "plaig"), or disease, is what he was. :D

More like an STD, really. :heh:

PS, and this just hit me...why are we analyzing the comments of someone who proved himself to be so much of a dickhead that he's no longer welcome? He was a dumbass, and no one illustrated that fact better than he. Who cares if he was right about the grammar?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.